PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat

HypeMan!
05-11-2011, 02:38 AM
Kinda surprised no one's made an MK hype thread. Honestly I didn't expect the game to be as awesome as it is.

MK3 was one of the first games I ever got and played Kabal in that. Good to see he is still win. Scorpion, Nightwolf, and Cyber Subz are pretty sweet too.

Who else is rocking some fatality awesome?

God_of_Muay_Thai
05-11-2011, 02:47 AM
right here.glad it has so much stuff to do or it would be collecting dust with mvc3 while psn is down.johnny cage and scorpion are my dudes

Shinji Mimura
05-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I honestly ignored MK until it proved itself, which it finally did at Power-Up. I have always (and still kinda do) feel that Mortal Kombat feels so absolutely wonky. A block button? Command grabs that can be blocked? The fact that when two characters collide in the air, they remain in the air and then they both fall down?
It's just weird.

However, after watching a lot of videos, yes, it's finally legit. However, I'm paranoid the game might get a little Marvel 2y. Everywhere you look, people are abusing Smoke, Ermac, Noob, and lots of people have discovered the legitimacy of Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Cyber Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, and Kung Lao. All of these 8 characters are terrific.

I'm just hoping to see more diversity. I have no idea who I'd use, but blah, can't be any of those foos.

HypeMan!
05-11-2011, 11:50 AM
MK was off my radar mostly until my friend just kept spamming facebook with fanboy love and the vids actually showed promise. Its a very different game from anything I've played honestly. Despite playing MK3, the first real fighting game I got into was Soul Calibur 2 so honestly the block button is where I got started. I think if nothing else, the game will prove to be a great competitive one because NRS will take an active role in constantly improving the game but not being to hand holdy about it.

Skull_Knight
05-11-2011, 02:56 PM
The game is amazingly good and fun at the same time, something i haven't felt since the days of Soul Calibur 1/2 and KOF 11. And the game is surprisingly balanced as well, most of the cast except like baraka and sheeva can compete at a high level. Also shinji you just happen to see those characters the most because they the easiest to pick up and the most popular.

Wild Party Hat
05-11-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm going to say this once, and then brace myself for impact.

Mortal Kombat is not a good fighting game. It is entertaining, and definitely a decent franchise, and this most recent installment is a riot, but as far as fighting games go, Mortal Kombat is something of a failure.

With excessively simplistic combos and the learning curve of a razor scooter, Mortal Kombat pretty much pales in comparison to real fighting games. For example, in Street Fighter 4, you have to input your combos in 1 or 2 frames to be able to pull them off, and the smallest screw-up can throw you off (often sending you into a screaming rage after attempting to finish this combo for the trials 4000 times).

What I'm trying to say is, Mortal Kombat is a fighting game best suited to those who can't properly play the more difficult fighting games. Also, the violence, while extremely entertaining, is incredibly gimmicky.

Preparing for Rage Train.

Skull_Knight
05-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Your opinion is duly noted Wild Party Hat.

Dillon
05-11-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm going to say this once, and then brace myself for impact.

Mortal Kombat is not a good fighting game. It is entertaining, and definitely a decent franchise, and this most recent installment is a riot, but as far as fighting games go, Mortal Kombat is something of a failure.

With excessively simplistic combos and the learning curve of a razor scooter, Mortal Kombat pretty much pales in comparison to real fighting games. For example, in Street Fighter 4, you have to input your combos in 1 or 2 frames to be able to pull them off, and the smallest screw-up can throw you off (often sending you into a screaming rage after attempting to finish this combo for the trials 4000 times).

What I'm trying to say is, Mortal Kombat is a fighting game best suited to those who can't properly play the more difficult fighting games. Also, the violence, while extremely entertaining, is incredibly gimmicky.

Preparing for Rage Train.

I 100% agree

its more something that u invite your friends over to mess around and play, rather than something really competitive and skill required like street fighter or even marvel

Hatman
05-11-2011, 05:13 PM
However, after watching a lot of videos, yes, it's finally legit. However, I'm paranoid the game might get a little Marvel 2y. Everywhere you look, people are abusing Smoke, Ermac, Noob, and lots of people have discovered the legitimacy of Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, Cyber Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, and Kung Lao. All of these 8 characters are terrific..

Sektor should get up there, and so will Cyrax.

Too bad the two characters I'm drawn to play (Jax and Stryker) are garbage. Practically zero combos (even though Stryker has a DAMN good launcher, a mini launcher AND a Medium-height ground bounce) and their specials are bad.

ATLDrew
05-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Sektor should get up there, and so will Cyrax.

Too bad the two characters I'm drawn to play (Jax and Stryker) are garbage. Practically zero combos (even though Stryker has a DAMN good launcher, a mini launcher AND a Medium-height ground bounce) and their specials are bad.

I have been getting some lab time with Jax and I had the same opinion as you Hatman. It felt awkward that he didn't have a launcher from a strong and his juggles are completely reliant on your opponent choking after you Ground Pound. But then I saw that EVERY one of his specials is A.) super fast, B.) super safe, and C.) 13% or more. As Jax I am not trying to fish for combos off of random ground pound into juggle. Instead, I want to whiff punish my opponent all day and kill them in 8 specials. Average meterless BNB for a character is like 28-36% with a knockdown and some great positional advantage. Jax's Dash Punch off a random f+4 is like 4% short of a standard BNB. Jax's combos are limited because his raw damage from Specials is so high. He doesn't rely on meter very much so he gets to sit on that nice X-ray and force mix up's of f+4,1 xx Special, Dash Punch, Overhead, or X-ray. You said that Jax's specials are bad but Overhead Smash and Dash Bunch are two fast, safe, high damaging, knockdown moves.

But yeah sucks for Stryker. He is terrible as of right now.

And Party Hat I could not agree with you less. You are unfamiliar with the game and so when you sit down with it it's going to feel clunky. It's not as fluid as SF4 or Tekken but MK never has been. I think a lot of people go into MK wanting it to play like SF and opt out when their fundamentals don't port over. There's nothing wrong with that but MK9 is a very solid, deep game if you go in with an open mind. Footsies are there they are just different. Pressure and mix-ups are in the game but the absence of a true crossup changes your options on guard and street fighter players usually have trouble with adjusting. Even the general pace of the game is different than pretty much any other Capcom fighter. You are HEAVILY rewarded for offense in MK whereas SF usually rewards a more patient player. Block strings are very long and very safe, you get meter for making your opponent block, jump ins are fast and generate a ton of advantage on block meaning players can start their offense reliably from farther back, and opponents start the round where they fell meaning a player is rewarded for pressuring the opponent to the edge by keeping your opponent in the corner. The game is both deep AND fun, something that is pretty uncommon in this wave of Japanese fighters. SF4 is super deep, but sooooooooooo boring (imho) and a ton of people left Marvel only a couple months after the game came out on account of the depth. MK, being a relatively unfamiliar franchise to a lot of the mainstream FG community, has a lot to be discovered. And on top of that, NRS is planning to keep the MK meta in a dynamic state by regularly patching and releasing new combat.

All I am saying is that you should not write the game off so fast and just give another shot. Watch some matches, practice movement and juggling, and really immerse yourself in the game. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how much depth you find.

HypeMan!
05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
I think MK is something that has really come out of no where. If nothing else its momentum will be fueled by the casual audience by the shear amount of things to do and have fun with. On the competitive end, I feel the game is still very new. Sure there are a few hiccups like the stance change, but people are still learning and figuring out how the systems work. With MvC3 we got the strat guide that broke down most of the game's mechanics and the character frame data. With MK NRS is still trying to hold the mystique that existed in the arcades years ago. For the first time in a while people are having to dig through the game the old fashion way: trial and error and accident. It took me a few days to start seeing how things worked and I really felt accomplished when I started figuring out the flow of the combos and how they hit. I think its partially spurred by the PDP event, but people are going with what's easiest and most effective. Smoke, Kung Lao, and Ermac being great examples. I mean MvC3 has been out since February and the consensus of Wolvie being bamf is just now being widely agreed upon. That and MK is overall a very unique beast. I heard somewhere describe it as a 3D game confined to the 2D plane. Its really its own thing and the skills and practices from the current market don't quite translate. By the time EVO comes around though I think things are going to be very interesting.

Hatman
05-11-2011, 07:31 PM
I have been getting some lab time with Jax and I had the same opinion as you Hatman. It felt awkward that he didn't have a launcher from a strong and his juggles are completely reliant on your opponent choking after you Ground Pound. But then I saw that EVERY one of his specials is A.) super fast, B.) super safe, and C.) 13% or more. As Jax I am not trying to fish for combos off of random ground pound into juggle. Instead, I want to whiff punish my opponent all day and kill them in 8 specials. Average meterless BNB for a character is like 28-36% with a knockdown and some great positional advantage. Jax's Dash Punch off a random f+4 is like 4% short of a standard BNB. Jax's combos are limited because his raw damage from Specials is so high. He doesn't rely on meter very much so he gets to sit on that nice X-ray and force mix up's of f+4,1 xx Special, Dash Punch, Overhead, or X-ray. You said that Jax's specials are bad but Overhead Smash and Dash Bunch are two fast, safe, high damaging, knockdown moves.

But yeah sucks for Stryker. He is terrible as of right now.
You know what he's missing? Raw damage and a good combo when you juggle. You can get them in the air just fine, but after that, it's mash square and finish with a grenade toss or a roll toss if you can properly time it. The guns have zilch on damage, and much less in the air (I tried, oh lord I tried). It doesn't help that his X-ray can't be comboed into and can be blocked, too.

I'm willing to give Jax another try if only because I had noticed that too, but honestly, I wasn't sure. Plus, the Quad Throw is hell to do on pad, and the game doesn't agree with me as far as stick goes.

DabalRowRaizah
05-12-2011, 09:22 AM
You know what he's missing? Raw damage and a good combo when you juggle. You can get them in the air just fine, but after that, it's mash square and finish with a grenade toss or a roll toss if you can properly time it. The guns have zilch on damage, and much less in the air (I tried, oh lord I tried). It doesn't help that his X-ray can't be comboed into and can be blocked, too.

I'm willing to give Jax another try if only because I had noticed that too, but honestly, I wasn't sure. Plus, the Quad Throw is hell to do on pad, and the game doesn't agree with me as far as stick goes.

while my knowledge of Jax only extends to the 5ish fights there was in story mode (where i pretty much 1 2 dash punched my way through) i know his x-ray cannot be blocked.

Hatman
05-12-2011, 12:03 PM
while my knowledge of Jax only extends to the 5ish fights there was in story mode (where i pretty much 1 2 dash punched my way through) i know his x-ray cannot be blocked.
Yah, but the range is :):):):) and IIRC it can be jumped out of.

Shinji Mimura
05-12-2011, 01:52 PM
The good thing about MK is that it absolutely rewards reading the opponent, much more so than say SF4 where you can "make mistakes" or burn meter a bit more, or Marvel where it's a lot more waiting for a time to cross-up or fake out.

But yeah, I'm wondering if people are gonna jump off the Ermac, Smoke, and Lao trains any time. I wonder if Shang Tsung and Raiden will live up to the strategy guide's projection that they are the best 2 chars.

HypeMan!
05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I feel like Shang Tsung won't with the current version, but I see a lot of play of Raiden that looks promising. Superman and his overall versatility bode well for him going into the future I think. Also his E moves are quite good too since most have some armor like E Fly. Like I said I think right now everyone is looking for the quickest way to the 10k PDP prize. We've still got character like the Sub Zeros that show some darkhorse promise. I think Kabal could be a break out character with some time but some of his combos take a bit more effort and timing to maxmize their effectiveness. I doubt Lao Smoke or Ermac will be going anywhere soon, but in the future I expect it to get a lot more diverse. Especially when DLC characters start comin out and NRS starts patching.

Shinji Mimura
05-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Sub Zero ain't a dark horse. He's a bit like Ryu in SSF4 I feel. Great spacing with ball and beam, and that ice clone is simply too saucy, perhaps his most used move. The guy's granite.

Eh...hmm...I just wish there were more Shang players (or an explanation as to why the strategy guide feels him to be #1). I guess his ground fireballs are cool?

Kabal is definitely on the rise, but if I remember correctly one of his worst match-ups was Ermac so...

HypeMan!
05-12-2011, 09:26 PM
I think the guide was really heavily "math" based. The best idea I've come across is that as Shang Tsung, in a bad match up you can change into your opponent and it becomes a 5/5. So the worst he could do is 5/5. Unfortunately though that thought hinges on getting the soul and changing, which I've seen tried a few times in matches but rarely succeed and its a pretty unsafe move at that.

I call Subz a dark horse just because I rarely see him used outside of players like Tom Brady, at least in high level tournament play. I think some of his combos and space control require a lot more precision and timing that people are willing to devote when you have options like Kung Lao and even Lu Kang that can build a 25%+ combo off of a single combo over and over.

Hatman
05-12-2011, 10:13 PM
But yeah, I'm wondering if people are gonna jump off the Ermac, Smoke, and Lao trains any time. I wonder if Shang Tsung and Raiden will live up to the strategy guide's projection that they are the best 2 chars.
The only reason I want to play Lao is, well, username.

Raiden is pretty good. Shang Tsung I haven't tried, but honestly if I EVER get him working... man.

Skull_Knight
05-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Shang was rated so high because in beta no one knew how to counter his awesome zoning game. If anything i think raiden is the best character in the game followed by like Cage and Kung lao/ermac/reptile/sub. The top tier list is actually really big for this game, like 8 or 10 characters, and really there are very few bad match-up because almost everyone has a answer to everything.

Hatman
05-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Shang was rated so high because in beta no one knew how to counter his awesome zoning game. If anything i think raiden is the best character in the game followed by like Cage and Kung lao/ermac/reptile/sub. The top tier list is actually really big for this game, like 8 or 10 characters, and really there are very few bad match-up because almost everyone has a answer to everything.
Yeah, I spent an hour or so in the lab with him, just learning his tricks. He's not top tier, but if you see a Shang Tsung doing damage on the tournament circuit, don't be surprised. The dude can combo off of anywhere on the screen.

Wild Party Hat
05-13-2011, 07:58 AM
All I am saying is that you should not write the game off so fast and just give another shot. Watch some matches, practice movement and juggling, and really immerse yourself in the game. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how much depth you find.

You misunderstand me, I like the game and have played it a lot. I did not mean to be offensive, I only meant that MK is more of a party game than a serious competetive one.

HypeMan!
05-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Well you are a wild party hat. So....

Shinji Mimura
05-20-2011, 10:31 PM
It's patch time ladies and gentlemen. Time for Baraka, Kano, and Sheeva to (hopefully) go up in the tiers: http://shoryuken.com/content/mortal-kombat-9-5-20-11-patch-notes-4586/

Hatman
05-20-2011, 11:16 PM
It's patch time ladies and gentlemen. Time for Baraka, Kano, and Sheeva to (hopefully) go up in the tiers: http://shoryuken.com/content/mortal-kombat-9-5-20-11-patch-notes-4586/

Still wish they'd tell us which generic combos got nerfed. I'm fearing for Jax now.

Also, Sonya got nerfed? What. Unless there's something I didn't know about her military stance.

guitalex2010
05-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Still wish they'd tell us which generic combos got nerfed. I'm fearing for Jax now.

Also, Sonya got nerfed? What. Unless there's something I didn't know about her military stance.2, 1, Military Stance, cancel out of it with dash, repeat for infinite blockstring.

SO THAT'S WHY SHEEVA DOES SO MUCH DAMAGE. I've been trolling people left and right with 4-hit, 37% midscreen combos... and that's if they're STANDING, 47% if crouching lol

If you would also like to be trolled by Sheeva, shoot me a line on PSN. Same as here but with 2007.

Hatman
05-24-2011, 12:50 PM
2, 1, Military Stance, cancel out of it with dash, repeat for infinite blockstring.
So that's what I was doing wrong. I wasn't playing MK, I was playing VF. The f+1 out of MilStance is too VF like in it's implementation that I just concentrated on that and nothing else.

Also, yeah. It's made me want to pick up Sheeva since one of my buds is picking up Noob due to his intro quote being mondegreened into "BEER ME!"

guitalex2010
05-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Also, yeah. It's made me want to pick up Sheeva since one of my buds is picking up Noob due to his intro quote being mondegreened into "BEER ME!"Be ready for plenty of pulling.

It's like it's forbidden to fight and defeat Raiden, Kung Lao and others with SHEEVA. Sheeva? Preposterous; let's pull the plug after he outsmarts us and wins.

ATLDrew
05-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Guarantee you Jax didn't get touched by the patch. It's just minor damage adjustments to stuff like Reptile's BNB.

Kano's upball is safe and his F+3, B+2 string starts low. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy Kano. I need to start playing this game more. Anybody noticed any different in the online?

ATLDrew
05-31-2011, 05:37 PM
You misunderstand me, I like the game and have played it a lot. I did not mean to be offensive, I only meant that MK is more of a party game than a serious competetive one.

You weren't being offensive dude. Not at all. All I was saying was that you should really sit down with it before you call it a party game. It's really very fun and very deep.

HypeMan!
05-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Looking forward to playing people at GenCon, I finally got a chance to order my own copy with the Amazon sale so now I can actually practice some more.

What is everyone playing, 1v1 or 2v2?

guitalex2010
06-02-2011, 12:28 PM
What is everyone playing, 1v1 or 2v2?Depends on my mood. If it's singles, I might almost always start with Sonya, then move into Kitana, then Sindel, then Sheeva if I'm feeling particularly confident.

In tag, more than 60% of the time I go Kitana/Sindel, although I've toyed around with teams involving all of my beauties.... and Sheeva. No offense to Sheeva, she is the sexiest, most attractive Shokan in the series so I suppose that counts for something. Kitana/Sheeva is a great team since Kitana can do keep away pretty nicely and Sheeva is a beast up close.

You will likely NEVER see me play as a man. Closest thing to one was when the demo came out, I went to a prerelease tournament and kicked ass with Johnny Cage, whom might as well be a woman.

Hatman
06-02-2011, 01:22 PM
You will likely NEVER see me play as a man. Closest thing to one was when the demo came out, I went to a prerelease tournament and kicked ass with Johnny Cage, whom might as well be a woman.

Hot.

Once the game's patched, I may be picking up Sheeva. I liked playing her in a few Random Select runbacks with one of my best buds. I don't mind the pulling (the awful netplay, however, I do mind).

guitalex2010
06-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Hot.

Once the game's patched, I may be picking up Sheeva. I liked playing her in a few Random Select runbacks with one of my best buds. I don't mind the pulling (the awful netplay, however, I do mind).Sheeva was already patched. The code in MK updates patches with hotfixes as soon as you connect online.

Although a lot of these hotfixes are temporary until an actual patch is released. Like the one getting rid of Sindel's ridiculous infinite.

Hatman
06-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Sheeva was already patched. The code in MK updates patches with hotfixes as soon as you connect online.

Although a lot of these hotfixes are temporary until an actual patch is released. Like the one getting rid of Sindel's ridiculous infinite.

Welp looks like I've got some labbing to do when I get back home.

guitalex2010
06-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Welp looks like I've got some labbing to do when I get back home.Please tell me you don't refer to learning the Sindel infinite lol.

Sheeva's "this crap does too much damage" combos:
b+2 (low), 1+2, Fireball
Low Grab, b+2, 1+2, Fireball
2, 1, 2, f+1 (overhead), Front Grab
b+1, b+2, Ground Stomp (doesn't combo but because of the b+2's stagger and the Ground Stomp being unblockable, it connects)
b+1, b+2, X-Ray
1, b+2, Ground Stomp (same as above)
1, b+2, X-Ray
2, 1, 2, anything (including X-Ray)

The one starting with the low grab takes the cake in that department. It's something stupid like 47%.

jp_status
06-02-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm starting to use Raiden now, and OMG his Electric Fly is stupid fast, especially on the wake up...I need to get faster with his teleport, because after perfect timing anyone is vulnerable to a minimum 36% combo...!!

Hatman
06-02-2011, 08:07 PM
The one starting with the low grab takes the cake in that department. It's something stupid like 47%.
Yup, gonna practice that.

Apparently I can't, as my MK freezes at start-up! I think the disk is already :):):):)ed... goddammit, I left it in my travel bag when it should have been safe and sound at home. Fffffffffff.

guitalex2010
06-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Yup, gonna practice that.

Apparently I can't, as my MK freezes at start-up! I think the disk is already :):):):)ed... goddammit, I left it in my travel bag when it should have been safe and sound at home. Fffffffffff.Had someone quit after beating my Sheeva. Here was his logic.

"It's pretty sad when someone resorts to Sheeva"

I'm like "What? She's the worst!"

He responded "All Sheeva does is teleport stomp".

I was like "I did it like TWICE. TWICE. Besides, you won, so argument invalid?"

I think my favorite thing to do of all time is to play someone in tag, preferably someone who is playing with their friend, and do a Babality. Two humiliations with one stone.

ATLDrew
06-21-2011, 12:34 PM
How has the netcode been since the patch Guitalex? Were you having problems with it before the patch?

guitalex2010
06-21-2011, 02:26 PM
The gameplay is fine but it has desync errors every now and then. But again, online play will always have lag. Yes, even GGPO.

Whether the lag is hidden as latency or input lag, there is always lag. Online is never the same as local. That being said, complicated combos work online but uppercut timings have to be done much earlier. So the game plays like a local game but needing some adjustments.

ATLDrew
06-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Was online trying stuff out last night and lag is still pretty bad but playable. Harder bnbs for characters (like Kitana's 4~fan, 4~fan lift combos) were proving to be very fickle. Also, forget punishing hat spin and elbow rush. That :):):):) is SUPER safe online.

Hatman
06-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Was online trying stuff out last night and lag is still pretty bad but playable. Harder bnbs for characters (like Kitana's 4~fan, 4~fan lift combos) were proving to be very fickle. Also, forget punishing hat spin and elbow rush. That :):):):) is SUPER safe online.

Pretty sure I could find a risk-free way.

guitalex2010
06-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Was online trying stuff out last night and lag is still pretty bad but playable. Harder bnbs for characters (like Kitana's 4~fan, 4~fan lift combos) were proving to be very fickle. Also, forget punishing hat spin and elbow rush. That :):):):) is SUPER safe online.You're Kitana............ d+1 all day. Sure, not the best punish but hey.

I can do j.1, f+4, 1 (1-hit) XX EX Fan Toss (1-hit, hold button) XX dash XX j.1, f+4, 1 (1-hit) XX EX Fan Toss (1-hit, hold button) XX dash XX j.1, f+4, 1 (1-hit) XX EX Fan Toss (1-hit, hold button) XX dash XX j.1, f+4, 1 (1-hit) XX Fan Lift, jump, air Fan, land, Fan, dash, Double Kicks no problem online.

Wow that crap's easier to do than write down...

Now, Skarlet, on the other hand, THAT is fickle. Sad thing is no one is forced to download the compatibility pack (NRS, that crap is stupid), so twice last night I fought people who I couldn't use Skarlet against.

But I think her most fun combo is pretty simple, and if you play Kitana you'll feel right at home with the dash cancelling. See, her projectile is a double dagger that doesn't even combo on grounded opponents. However, she can hold the second dagger, and even dash cancel out of it. So fun combos include:

2, 1, 2 XX Dagger Toss (1-hit, hold button) XX dash, juggle 2, 1, 2 XX Dagger Toss (1-hit, hold button) XX dash, 2, Habanero Dash XX Slide lol (OK so it's not called that, I just like El Fuerte... PRE-ARCADE EDITION)

guitalex2010
06-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Found a 41% combo with Skarlet but I don't remember it, so here are a few 35+% with no meter. Dagger is d,f+1. Holding Dagger's button delays the second dagger, but it can be dash cancelled for much faster recovery. Blood Dash is d,f+3, Slide is 4 from Blood Dash. The f+2 cancelled from Blood Dash is a launcher. The b+2 cancelled from Blood Dash is an overhead that ground bounces.

j.1/2, 2, 1, 2, juggle Dagger (hold) XX dash, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold) XX dash, 2, 3, Blood Dash XX Slide

j.1/2, f+2, 1, 2, 1+2 XX Blood Dash XX f+2, 2, 3, Blood Dash XX Slide

j.1/2, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold) XX dash, 2, 3, Blood Dash XX f+2, 2, 3, Blood Dash XX Slide

(Blood Dash XX b+2) or d,b+2, juggle 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold) XX dash, 2, 3, Blood Dash XX Slide

j.1/2, f+2, 1, 2, d,f+2, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold) XX dash, 2, 3, Blood Dash XX Slide

And my favorite combo due to it being 40% damage for only 9 hits:

j.1/2, 2, 1, 2, Dagger (hold) XX dash, 2, 3, Blood Dash XX f+2, dash, d+2

guitalex2010
06-30-2011, 08:36 AM
So... I got MK9 for 360 as well so I can play with my brother online, yet there are a few things that bother me. Not game-breaking, but there are some marked differences between 360 and PS3.

1) The 360 main menu loads faster the first time than PS3.
2) However, the characters' faces on the character select screen load MUCH slower. You have to pause the cursor for about 1/2 a second for a face to load. PS3 does it much faster.
3) 360 people love King of the Hill as much as Asian massage happy endings.
4) 360 people have a worse W/L ratio, although I'll chalk that up to most people TRYING to use the 360 pad. Thankfully I have a dual-modded stick, and have been practicing on it.
5) Rooms on Live are MUCH EMPTIER than on PS3. To get in the PS3 Netherrealm, sometimes I have to refresh the list over and over until it finally shows a number less than 100 so I can try to get in, sometimes fail and repeat. The 360 Netherrealm had 50 people at most. At times when the PS3 Netherrealm is empty enough (2AM, 80 people), the 360 Netherrealm had 14.
6) NRS also didn't make the damn compatibility pack for Skarlet mandatory on 360 EITHER. Meaning most of the time, especially in a KotH game, I can't use the character I paid money for.

HypeMan!
06-30-2011, 12:56 PM
All the more reason to love the PS3.

guitalex2010
06-30-2011, 02:36 PM
All the more reason to love the PS3.No console wars plz.

Well, I just found it surprising how there are literally thousands of people playing MK9 on PS3 at peak hours, yet at those same time you can barely fill a room on 360. I bet it's that damn pad. People probably go "I can't do any moves, so I'll be Scorpion, hit X a lot and it'll work!" then lose horribly to anyone with a brain and/or a block button, get discouraged and never play again, and go back to playing Black Ops or Halo.

Of course there's that type on PS3 too, even when moves are easier to perform thanks to a responsive pad... which is why it's confusing.

HypeMan!
06-30-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm just poking fun.

I think controller choice is a factor. Most everyone I've heard prefers using a Dualshock as opposed to stick or a 360 pad.

guitalex2010
07-01-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm just poking fun.

I think controller choice is a factor. Most everyone I've heard prefers using a Dualshock as opposed to stick or a 360 pad.I got the game to play with my brother, but I can't handle the pad at all. Luckily I got a Qanba 4 Arcade Fight Stick, a sexy sexy sexy sexy sexy all-Sanwa dual-modded stick.

http://www.videogamesnewyork.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=58&products_id=1414

Got it from them in Animazement in May. The stick works like a charm on either console.

In almost unrelated news, I found someone on Live who had like 3000+ games so I'm like, dude probably knows what he's doing, let's see how I hold up. I choose Skarlet and he chooses Kabal. After one game he sends me a party invite so I'm like yay why not.

Dude literally said that I was one of the THREE people who have actually impressed him in all the 3000+ games he's played. Dude was very good BTW. Wishing I could remember his gamertag. We played for HOURS. It was awesome.

He said "I'm getting my ass beat but I'm actually enjoying it because you're actually being aggressive." Then again Skarlet is good at that.

ATLDrew
07-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Hey Al, you planning on going to GenCon? I wanted to get some sparring with you seeing as how i can't find real people to play and online is giving me heart palpitations. Would LOVE to play somebody in person as I can't hit ANYTHING online and punishing stuff is impossible. Might just be my connection but I have done everything I can to improve it and it is still driving me crazy.

HypeMan!
07-07-2011, 08:53 AM
MK netcode or servers are just complete a55. Friend and I can play marvel and Tekken no problem but MK makes us want to break something.

guitalex2010
07-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Hey Al, you planning on going to GenCon? I wanted to get some sparring with you seeing as how i can't find real people to play and online is giving me heart palpitations. Would LOVE to play somebody in person as I can't hit ANYTHING online and punishing stuff is impossible. Might just be my connection but I have done everything I can to improve it and it is still driving me crazy.Sadly Drew, I'm not going to GenCon. Have way too much on my plate right now (trying to get my dissertation done and defending it so I can get my PhD and move on).

I will, however, be "in town" in Atlanta for the Uproar Tour in the beginning of August and to Alpharetta the next day for another concert. Me and my fiancée will probably be bored out of our skulls outside of those concerts so maybe we can hang out.

I get what you both mean though; punishing stuff online is nearly impossible. Try to punish repeated Reptile dashes, when by themselves they have nearly no recovery, then add latency and lag.

It doesn't help that I play as Skarlet and she requires so much execution it makes me want to tear my hair out when I can't get a simple Dagger to come out after a simple 2, 1, 2 string, or when the latency is so bad that it DOES come out, but I hold the button and try to dash cancel but she just throws the second dagger. :):):):) me.

Shinji Mimura
07-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Super patch notes!

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/12/full-detail-mortal-kombat-9-patch-notes/

Is it just me, or does Cyrax have it the worst, going from S tier to absolute Fail tier? :/

Also, hurray on all the new armor that the lower tier characters are getting.

Final note, what's with Nightwolf? He has been called top tier since the game's release, yet I have yet to see a single Nightwolf player stand out at ANY of the majors they've had this year...

Hatman
07-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Final note, what's with Nightwolf? He has been called top tier since the game's release, yet I have yet to see a single Nightwolf player stand out at ANY of the majors they've had this year...

He has everything you could want, but he is so boring that nobody wants to play him. He is beyond vanilla.

I'm liking the few buffs to Jax, but I'm wondering why they reduced his meter building abilities. It's not like he has a lot of options without it.

HypeMan!
07-13-2011, 01:00 AM
I kinda like Nightwolf honestly. Though Kabal still is tops for me, then Scorp. I look forward to Rain though.

guitalex2010
07-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Super patch notes!

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/12/full-detail-mortal-kombat-9-patch-notes/

Is it just me, or does Cyrax have it the worst, going from S tier to absolute Fail tier? :/

Also, hurray on all the new armor that the lower tier characters are getting.

Final note, what's with Nightwolf? He has been called top tier since the game's release, yet I have yet to see a single Nightwolf player stand out at ANY of the majors they've had this year...Cyrax has a basically inescapable reset that with one bar he can do nearly 66%. Yeah, I'm not worried about his nerfs.

Nightwolf has anti-air normals. Reliable ones. A fast fireball. A ridiculously fast wakeup move. An EX move that hits from across the screen and has armor. A projectile reflecting move. An unblockable move that allows for juggle opportunities and resets.

Problem? Well, first, you can crouch his projectile. You can crouch his wakeup. You can jump over his unblockable.

But you know who else has a lot of those things I mentioned? Smoke, Noob, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Raiden, Reptile, Scorpion. Hell, even Skarlet and Kenshi. So why bother?

HypeMan!
07-13-2011, 04:31 PM
I think the other bit is Nightwolf can be a little slow. He does hit like a truck though. I should learn him more :<

guitalex2010
07-14-2011, 12:59 PM
I think the big problem with Nightwolf is trying to NOT be predictable. Seems that whenever I'm in a SEPCIFIC range, Nightwolfs will always toss arrows, then upon crouching, will always toss Lightning Bolts, and when jumping will always try the dash. He doesn't have a 50/50 reset that I'm aware of. Although he does have one involving one of his normal attacks into a lightning bolt. It's an attack that staggers I think.

He's one of those characters that IF he hits you, he hits you hard. Oddly a lot of people play him as a keep away character. But you can't follow up the unblockable lighting bolt from full screen unless you want to waste meter on his EX dash.

I've been having a ton of fun with Kenshi and Skarlet. Kenshi is such a beast at full screen, and sadly every single combo worth anything will put the opponent at full screen LOL Skarlet is just... mean. Her mixup and pressure are pretty ridiculous. Not Kung Lao levels, mind you. I think with Kung Lao all you need to do is switch between two relatively safe combos, where one of them hits low in the middle. Blah. But Skarlet's biggest enabler, her dash move, has armor in its EX form and some invinvibility on wakeup (I think lower body). Plus she has a sexy reset and a suicidal move. What's not to love?

HypeMan!
07-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Though that does make it sound like Nightwolf is a nice beginner character.

guitalex2010
07-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Though that does make it sound like Nightwolf is a nice beginner character.Thus why a lot of Nightwolf players are predictable.

Hit shoulder rush!
1) Throw arrow.
2) If arrow hits, throw arrow.
3) If arrow misses, do bolt.
4) If bolt hits, do shoulder rush and go to 1. If far away, do arrow and go to 2.
5) If bolt missed because the opponent jumped or rolled back, throw arrow and go to 2.
6) If bolt hits because the opponent jumped, do shoulder rush and go to 1.
7) If your opponent crouches and uppercuts you after doing shoulder rush, do shoulder rush and go to 1.

DabalRowRaizah
07-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Thus why a lot of Nightwolf players are predictable.

Hit shoulder rush!
1) Throw arrow.
4) If bolt hits, do shoulder rush and go to 1. If far away, do arrow and go to 2.
5) If bolt missed because the opponent jumped or rolled back, throw arrow and go to 2.
7) If your opponent crouches and uppercuts you after doing shoulder rush, do shoulder rush and go to 1.

its better than noob saibot...

1) throw shadow clone

Shinji Mimura
07-14-2011, 08:20 PM
its better than noob saibot...

1) throw shadow clone

I LIKE this status update

guitalex2010
07-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Let's be fair to Noob players.

...you have to throw the SLIDING shadow clone. Then if that's jumped, throw the RUNNING shadow clone. Then if the opponent gets close, spam the ANTI-AIR shadow clone. Again and again.

Played as Rain last night, kicked some ass. He's got some combos that take FOREVER to end. Example:

1, 2, f+4, dash, 4, 3 XX Chuck Norris Kick, 1, 1, Lightning, Water Ball, aim as high and close as possible, Water Uppercut

Takes like... 10 seconds to see the whole thing. It's because his Chuck Norris Kick takes about a second from startup until it brings the opponent back, the lightning move makes the opponent float down SLOWLY, and the Water Ball takes like 2 or 3 seconds.

I liked doing this combo yesterday.

1, 2, f+4, dash, 4, 3 XX Chuck Norris Kick, 1, 1, Lightning, Water Ball, aim as high as possible (near or far but far is funnier), X-Ray, Water Uppercut (because his X-Ray ends in a Chuck Norris Kick)

HypeMan!
07-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Rain is really cool. I expected his 1 2 f4 to be one of those 'repeat this combo 2-3 times for a juggle' but I'm glad to see the trend of more varied combos being used continued. He seems to hit pretty hard to but have some quick motions too.

Skull_Knight
07-21-2011, 02:35 AM
I saw someone do a no meter 40% that left them in stand so they couldn't wakeup attack. This guy seems pretty strong.
Also hi I've played this game on and off since release and main nightwolf/reptile and probably soon to be cyrax.

HypeMan!
07-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Forgot they're left standing from water gun, downside is they're pushed back so its a more neutral advantage than with someone like Johny Cage that it gives combo potential to

Skull_Knight
07-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Thus why a lot of Nightwolf players are predictable.

Hit shoulder rush!
1) Throw arrow.

Ew, this post makes me cringe. Why would you try to zone with NW mediocre ranged attacks? You should be rushing that :):):):) down with his F3 into mixups, throwing out a random shoulder from time to time to keep them scared, and then lightning the :):):):) out of them. At least that's how i play him to a good degree. There is so little info on this char because no one plays him in tourneys so i feel like i just have to go with what wins lol.

Shinji Mimura
07-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Freddy Kreuger confirmed for MK9.

Thoughts?

HypeMan!
07-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Moves look cool. And they gave him 2 claw gloves, but I'm not a horror movie fan so its a little meh. I was really hoping for a wholely new character to see them move forward on the franchise and not just capitalize on nostalgia. No real issue with Freddy but I'm a little meh once I got past the WTF feeling. I'm happy with rain. Cause he's a purple ninja.

Hatman
07-21-2011, 08:05 PM
MK9 is all about capitalizing on nostalgia, so...

Shinji Mimura
07-21-2011, 10:15 PM
If the players have learned anything from Kratos being in the game, it's the NRS feels they ought to add characters that "fit" into the MK genre. By that logic, Freddie is perfect. My question will always be: do the characters (especially DLC) introduce anything new?

guitalex2010
07-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Freddie is a gread addition to the MK franchise. Any character that fits in must fulfill one simple requirement.

1) Does the character know many ways to kill people?

That's it, really. If you think about it, every MK character ever fits into this requirement. That's why Kratos fits in so well. That's why Freddie fits. That's why the now inevitable Jason Vorhees would fit.

Skull_Knight
07-22-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm just going to ignore him in the game and play liked they never announced him. And go.

ATLDrew
07-23-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm just going to ignore him in the game and play liked they never announced him. And go.

This. I personally HATE the fact that a movie villain makes the cut in a fighting game like MK but it's whatever. I personally do not like Freddy Krueger (and hate him for ruining my childhood!) but I will probably still play the game.

Hatman
07-23-2011, 10:30 AM
This. I personally HATE the fact that a movie villain makes the cut in a fighting game like MK but it's whatever. I personally do not like Freddy Krueger (and hate him for ruining my childhood!) but I will probably still play the game.
And people were pissed that I didn't like Cole McGrath in SFxT.

HypeMan!
07-24-2011, 12:45 AM
I think its just the idea of guest characters in general.

Shinji Mimura
07-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Guest character = new characters > Returning characters

I mean, while EVERYBODY has their list of who they'd like to see back, a new character really does brighten up things immensely, and introduces much newer mechanics (potentially).

Hatman
07-24-2011, 11:47 PM
I mean, while EVERYBODY has their list of who they'd like to see back, a new character really does brighten up things immensely, and introduces much newer mechanics (potentially).
It depends entirely on which characters we're talking about, and what kind of game.

Like, say, a "reboot" of MK with mostly new characters? That wouldn't fly.

guitalex2010
07-25-2011, 02:41 PM
As much as I'd like Frost, Tanya, Kira, Ashrah and Nitara back, new characters are always nice.

Oh, FYI I won a MK9 tournament on Saturday. With Skarlet.

Hatman
07-25-2011, 03:11 PM
As much as I'd like Frost, Tanya, Kira, Ashrah and Nitara back, new characters are always nice.

Oh, FYI I won a MK9 tournament on Saturday. With Skarlet.

Go you!

I'll check out my MK9 disk and see if it's still good. If so, I'm picking Jax back up. I need to see if he's really been buffed.

guitalex2010
08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Go you!

I'll check out my MK9 disk and see if it's still good. If so, I'm picking Jax back up. I need to see if he's really been buffed.Yes.

First of all he can now dash cancel out of his ground pound to fake people out.

Also, well he has the weird overhead jumping elbow move, which creates a reset with his EX ground pound. The opponent can't stand up or perform wakeup attacks in time so in the corner with three bars it's pretty nasty as crap.

Also his EX dash punch now has armor.

Hatman
08-04-2011, 12:27 PM
First of all he can now dash cancel out of his ground pound to fake people out.

Also, well he has the weird overhead jumping elbow move, which creates a reset with his EX ground pound. The opponent can't stand up or perform wakeup attacks in time so in the corner with three bars it's pretty nasty as crap.

Also his EX dash punch now has armor.
I knew that the overhead elbow would be good one day.

guitalex2010
08-08-2011, 10:51 AM
I knew that the overhead elbow would be good one day.Yeah. Now it's a thing of "OMGDONTBECORNEREDOMGDONTBECORNEREDOMG" whenever you face a Jax.

Also, Freddy Krueger tomorrow! I might pair him up with Skarlet in tag. Let's see how fun he can be.

Shinji Mimura
08-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Freddy Krueger:

EXTREMELY easy 1-meter 50-60 percent combos?

Hat tier much?

HypeMan!
08-10-2011, 12:01 PM
That's stupid.

Hatman
08-10-2011, 12:57 PM
That's stupid.
That's patchable.

HypeMan!
08-10-2011, 07:58 PM
That's NeatherRealms. Suck it Capcom.

Hatman
08-11-2011, 08:38 AM
That's NeatherRealms. Suck it Capcom.
Wrong thread.

Well, I started playing again and got the DLC. Yeah, Kenshi is dumb as hell.

HypeMan!
08-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Most of the DLC characters are.

Hatman
08-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Most of the DLC characters are.
IIRC, Skarlet and Rain weren't that idiotic. Kenshi just has everything to zone you out and force a block out of you.

Shinji Mimura
08-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Eh, idiotic or not, the cool thing is that the DLC characters do something pretty much demanded from downloaded content; succeed. Admirably.

And yeah, I'm really interested for when the next patch is coming out. They done well to make other chars usable, but idk, it's kinda a shame that the top tier chars have been nerfed, but haven't gone down in play.

Oh well, at least certain chars got some coverage at Evo (here's to you Mileena)

Hatman
08-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Anyone know how the second player in a 2P online tag match can pick DLC characters?

guitalex2010
08-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Anyone know how the second player in a 2P online tag match can pick DLC characters?Are you playing on a 360?

On PSN both players simply sign in with the same name so both have access to the DLC. On 360, since every controller has to be signed in to a separate account. Maybe that means that if the second person didn't buy the content they can't use it?

Oh, and on the Skarlet isn't idiotic account, you and I must play.
1) She can shut down most of the cast with a single move.
2) Her EX Dash has seemingly infinite armor hits, including any followups from there which can all result in 40+% resets.
3) She can do 45%+ combos midscreen, 40%+ resets.
4) She can do 50%+ reset combos in the corner.
5) Her back throw does 17% damage. Every other throw in the game does 12% tops. This is a glitch that the rumor mill says they're removing.
6) She can hit confirm into a full combo into a reset from full screen.
7) She can cancel her slide into any of the slashes for a true 50/50. This is a glitch that the rumor mill says they're removing.

The problem is you haven't faced a Skarlet quite like me :)

Now, on to Kenshi:
1) He has a quick overhead in b+2.
2) He has a low combo starter.
3) Every move he does creates space, except for the overhead.
4) He can simply mixup punches and overhead and shut down characters with no mobility.
5) He can reflect/absorb projectiles.
6) His overhead, if performed appropriately, can hit anywhere on screen, punishing any moves or jumps for 10%.
7) Is best at full screen, and every combo he does can put the opponent at full screen 100% of the time.

However, his wakeup is limited to either the d,b+1 launcher or b,f+2 (for non-crossup punches) or EX b,f+3.

Rain:
1) Can full screen hit confirm a lightning into water ball into full combo punish.
2) Good wakeup in his anti-air.
3) EX Roundhouse has armor and thus can be used as a wakeup or anti-air.
4) 1,2,f+4 string is relatively safe.
5) b+2,3 is deceiving, even when it can be totally blocked low in reality.
6) 4,3 can hit confirm into anything except the roundhouse, allowing for long combos that deal decent damage, if the opponent happens to not like blocking

His mixup is ABHORRENT. It is basically nonexistent: after every jump punch, block low always. If he looks like he's actually going to do the second hit of his extremely slow b+2, 1+2 combo starter, block high.

Freddy:
1) His keep away is so insane, he outspams Noob. Sweet Dreams is the most excellent answer to a Noob or other sort of spammer that doesn't move. It also stuffs wakeup attempts if it is meaty and the wakeup isn't invincible or armored.
2) His teleport is projectile invincible, his EX is fully invincible to attacks, his back teleport is a nice wakeup.
3) His EX Hell Claw is dumb. On hit it will force an opponent to be grounded and put into a 2 second staggered state in which anything afterwards can combo. Obviously it works like Fan Lift and the like; only one in a combo will stagger or force a stand. Not only that but it's faster than the regular Hell Claw AND will always appear under the opponent.
4) His Hell Claw can punish anything from full screen if the correct one is summoned. It is also so fast it can punish Cyber Sub dive kicks, Reptile dashes and Skarlet dagger cancels.
5) His low projectile is slow enough on startup to help mix up an opponent trying to jump the much faster, faster startup horizontal projectile.
6) Absolutely rapes and murders keep away strategies. It's a keep away character's worst nightmare, pun fully intended.

As expected he does not deal well with pressure on wakeup. His back teleport is nice, but since it doesn't go through actual attacks it will eventually corner Freddy. His EX Hell Claw is his best wakeup and answer to shenanigans at wakeup time, but crossing Freddy up or delaying the jump timing can screw with that.

Hatman
08-16-2011, 03:26 PM
On PSN both players simply sign in with the same name so both have access to the DLC. On 360, since every controller has to be signed in to a separate account. Maybe that means that if the second person didn't buy the content they can't use it?
I kind of needed to have the answer as I posted, but I'll keep it for further reference.

I guess we could go a few rounds but I am awful at MK, so...

guitalex2010
08-17-2011, 08:55 PM
I kind of needed to have the answer as I posted, but I'll keep it for further reference.

I guess we could go a few rounds but I am awful at MK, so...Sorry for the lateness. Was the answer logical?

If you say you're awful at MK, I wouldn't want you to face me and end up hating me lol

guitalex2010
08-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Took another tournament recently, but instead of Skarlet I used Mileena. They didn't allow DLC (boo).

Fabtekk
03-31-2012, 07:05 PM
I notice KOF8 is coming out for UFS.... so how much longer must we wait for MK9 to join?

RockStar
03-31-2012, 08:17 PM
I notice KOF8 is coming out for UFS.... so how much longer must we wait for MK9 to join?

KOFXIII, actually. And, I have no clue when, or even IF, MK9 will become a licensed Release. It would be cool tho. :)

Fabtekk
03-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Opps i meant KOF13 (thankx)... well i have some substitutes to replace sub-zero, I have 3 different characters in mind which means, 7 different options. After I learn the game tommorow (hopefully :p), I will tell you who they are and ask you what recommendations you have based on the 7 different options I have. I already have 3 of the 7 with me, the other 4 are on their way, but I will have the details on the other 4 so you can help me out anyways.

Thanks again.

NJBrock22
03-31-2012, 08:41 PM
more than likely we'll NEVER see MK in the game since it was a part of a Failed CCG already and well the costs to get a Bigger License = ... yeah... KOF i think we may have gotten at a slight discount because we've dealt with them in the past... and besides the reasons why we may not have certain licenses is as follows "Just because YOU like a license, doesn't mean EVERYONE likes it" that's part of the reason we never got DOA and a few other licenses... *sigh*

N.J.

Fabtekk
03-31-2012, 08:55 PM
Hmm... Well you got the money part right at least, in order to obtain the best and most popular sometimes you have to pay for it, like it or not. MK's success in overall speaks for itself though, regardless. Good thing I like 2 other fighting games from UFS. But I hope they bring MK because after UFS is about FIGHTING and being UNIVERSAL! and that is what makes this game unique, no matter what.

NJBrock22
03-31-2012, 09:02 PM
personally i'd rather have KOF, SC, SF and Tekken in the game LONG BEFORE i see MK in the game, but that's my opinion and i'm sticking to it.

N.J.

HypeMan!
03-31-2012, 10:20 PM
I think the rating on MK would make it rough to get into UFS. You can't have MK and not have the blood, gore, and fatalities, and personally, I don't know how much of a place that would have a wide age accessible game.

Would be cool to play Kabal or Jax though. But I just see it being difficult due to money and subject matter. But we'll see.

Fabtekk
03-31-2012, 10:33 PM
You do have a good point there... unfortunately for me :[

HypeMan!
04-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Its been a talking point going back to when Epic Battles were still around. Always fan cards once you get use to the game.

Shinji Mimura
04-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Samurai Showdown had fatalities, and it became a UFS property...

Hatman
04-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Speaking of MK... Is Stryker still ass?

HypeMan!
04-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Samurai Showdown had fatalities, and it became a UFS property...

They were much more stylized though. More cartoonish, less realistic. MK has a shear brutality to it.

Hatman
04-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Speaking of MK... Is Stryker still ass?
Inquiring minds want to know.