PDA

View Full Version : Card and effects.

synapticexorcism
07-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Hello,

I need some clarification.

I play a multiple attack successfully, then during during my enhance I use Chicanery to replace my attack in the card pool with lets say a foundation. From that point, what happens to my original attack? The multiples are there but the first one simply is not in play correct? If so, those blocks which block also all multiple copies simple don't work in that case because the original attack is gone right?

Second question on cards with stun, multiple, etc. Do those effects just come when the card is successfully played? Or do you need to announce them during your enhance steps and can they be countered?

Thanks all & regards.

Tagrineth
07-10-2010, 01:42 AM
The copies keep their given values and you still go down the line resolving them as normal. Removing the original doesn't affect the copies once they've been created.

Stun, Multiple, and Powerful are keywords for E: abilities that you have to call during the Enhance step.

Mordai
07-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Breaker is a reaction to a blocked attack and happens when you succeed in playing your block. Multiple-Stun-powerful are enhances and share same rules as them, can be negated like an enhance etc.

Nahntanaj
07-28-2010, 01:04 AM
To clarify the use of Chicanery. First if I use a block that states if this blocks a card with multiple it blocks all copies of that multiple and the original attack was removed by chicanery before I could block it can I only block one of the multiple copies with my multiple blocker or will they all be blocked?

Secondly can I remove the active attack with a different attack before the opponent can block it and the opponent must now block the new attack.

Nekuro
07-28-2010, 02:25 AM
You can only block one of its multiple copies, as a multiple copy does not retain the textbox of the original and thus is not a card with multiple.
Didn't find an official ruling about Chicanery but from what's written in the Double Dragon rules (yes, Chicanery is mentioned), the new attack replaces an old one but still counts as played, or so it seems, meaning the opponent can now block the new attack.

synapticexorcism
07-28-2010, 02:26 PM
The replaced card still has its own Enhance steps right?

You can only block one of its multiple copies, as a multiple copy does not retain the textbox of the original and thus is not a card with multiple.
Didn't find an official ruling about Chicanery but from what's written in the Double Dragon rules (yes, Chicanery is mentioned), the new attack replaces an old one but still counts as played, or so it seems, meaning the opponent can now block the new attack.

Nahntanaj
07-28-2010, 11:58 PM
If that is the case then Chicanery is way powerful. It means I can play a difficulty 1 attack, pass the control check and then using the first enhance I could switch it with a higher difficulty attack and my opponent has to face a much nastier attack.

aslum
07-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Well no, because the card you play has to have equal or less printed difficulty.
I'm not sure that it was ever made clear if this refers to the printed difficulty of the replaced card or the replacement, or both... I'd be inclined to say the first (the replacement card) and that it also doesn't reference progressive difficulty (so an 8th 8th bill is still just difficulty 5)

Tagrineth
07-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Yes Chicanery replaces a card with printed X difficulty with another card of printed X difficulty or less.

Nahntanaj
07-29-2010, 04:33 PM
I forgot about the difficulty limitation of chicanery but it stills allows for some interesting possibilities. Thanks for the help.