PDA

View Full Version : Old School Questions: Burning Knuckle

GrandmasterAmon
07-11-2010, 11:12 AM
What, if any, enhances or responses could be triggered by one who blocks with said card (or Dash Uppercut for that matter) to increase the damage done (example: if I had played the punch enhance on American Made previously would that do anything?)

Also what about "if your attack deals damage" effects since they trigger last after the block step (example: Powerful Style's enhance played during the opponents attack)

Thanks!

RockStar
07-11-2010, 04:31 PM
To my knowledge, your suggestions would NOT increase the damage dealt to your opponent when you block with either Burning Knuckle or Dash Uppercut, because the damage is originating from an effect on the card, and NOT the actual printed damage values of those attacks. American Made and Powerful Style's enhance specifically pumps the damage value of said attack, and not any effects printed in the text box of either Burning Knuckle or Dash Uppercut.

Tagrineth
07-12-2010, 02:51 AM
What RockStar said. That and "if your attack deals damage" stuff will NOT work with BK because they have to have a "your attack" to resolve upon. If you don't have an attack already resolving, those Enhances will fail.

NJBrock22
07-12-2010, 03:13 AM
also note when you're enhancing your opponents attack with cards that say "If YOUR attack" you're STILL enhancing THEIR attack so only THEIR attack is counted as for resolving effects, hence as Tag said nope, cards that reference if your attack will NOT resolve for your Dash Upper or Burning Knuckle, and also they were not in the card pool to be targeted to begin with...

N.J.

GrandmasterAmon
07-12-2010, 02:27 PM
I see...that makes sense.

I imagine the same would be true for a Power Dunk effect floating around?

Tagrineth
07-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Yes, correct.