PDA

View Full Version : Evo2k10

Lono
07-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Did anyone catch Evo over the weekend? Some crazy good players and matches, and even a couple upsets. Each game did a great job representing themselves, and we even got a preview of Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Yeah, Daigo won again, but what about the Zangief and Adon who made top 8? Fun fact, they both had to beat Justin Wong to get there.

SMazzurco
07-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Did anyone catch Evo over the weekend? Some crazy good players and matches, and even a couple upsets. Each game did a great job representing themselves, and we even got a preview of Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Yeah, Daigo won again, but what about the Zangief and Adon who made top 8? Fun fact, they both had to beat Justin Wong to get there.

i didnt know wong lost to vangief. I thought vangief got pushed out of losers by ricky. I know wong lost to gamerbee, didnt know other loss was to vance.

Link
07-12-2010, 02:00 PM
I never realized til this weekend that watching SSF4 matches could be so intense

Fragbait
07-12-2010, 02:09 PM
EVO was too hype. TvC and MvC3 showing bout made me Lonely Island.

Stream cut out during GFs of SSF4....fail. Good thing they immediately upped it to YT.

Link
07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Yeah when the stream cut I was definitely pissed. i guess 30000 viewers can do that

Lono
07-12-2010, 03:03 PM
i didnt know wong lost to vangief. I thought vangief got pushed out of losers by ricky. I know wong lost to gamerbee, didnt know other loss was to vance.

Vangief got pushed out of winners by Ricky, and then lost to Infiltration in losers. Vangief put Wong in losers in the semi's, and was finished by gamerbee. They were all really good matches.

TripsEX
07-15-2010, 10:57 PM
My buddy got 9th in Tekken 6 at the tournament, and then 4th in Soul Calibur IV.

Link
07-15-2010, 11:05 PM
My buddy got 9th in Tekken 6 at the tournament, and then 4th in Soul Calibur IV.

Call BS on him. There was no SC4 at Evo. No SC at all actually, which sucks!

ATLDrew
07-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Call BS on him. There was no SC4 at Evo. No SC at all actually, which sucks!

There are TONS of side events at EVO mike. I mean they had an Xmen vs Street Fighter major for the past 3 years.

But yeah Justin losing was huge. I did however win a free lunch from my brother cuz he was dumb enough to bet against Daigo winning it.

Nobody else was shocked Tokido didn't make top 8?

ATLDrew
07-16-2010, 12:22 AM
@ Trips - Who's your friend that got 9th in tekken?

Link
07-16-2010, 12:41 AM
There are TONS of side events at EVO mike. I mean they had an Xmen vs Street Fighter major for the past 3 years.

But yeah Justin losing was huge. I did however win a free lunch from my brother cuz he was dumb enough to bet against Daigo winning it.

Nobody else was shocked Tokido didn't make top 8?

Really? My bad. I just started watching EVO this year.

Justin losing was awesome. Not because I had something against him, but because Gamerbee was awesome! There were some awesome games. but at the same time there were some games that were laaaaaaaaame, like Dhalsim vs anyone lol.

TripsEX
07-17-2010, 02:33 AM
ATLDrew: His name is Mateo Galvan, but he signed up in SC4 as Brett Favre.

Link: ur bad at stuff

ATLDrew
07-18-2010, 05:23 PM
We should get games at Gen Con. Link we'll probably be partying with you. You wanna play some SSF4?

Link
07-18-2010, 06:00 PM
@Trips: you have NO idea lol

@Drew: Sounds like a plan, but dont all the TVs there have AIDS? we never seem to be able to connect our stuff to them. maybe it'll be different this year. different hotel.

Sketch
07-18-2010, 10:53 PM
I'll be bringing my TE and my XBox if I have to. If I -really- have to I'll bring my monitor. I'm in the process of unlocking colors and garbage for all you lot, be grateful.

failed2k
07-20-2010, 11:25 AM
I fully intend on beating everyone in this thread up at SSF4, unless you are all crazy good, in which case, I fully intend on pressuring you with smart play but ultimately losing because I don't hit my links consistently.

Just aim me, I am your weapon.

Viewtiful Joe
07-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Oh joy, another reason for it to suck that I can't go to Gencon :( Oh well :P

I actually played Justin Wong once at SFIII a couple of years back at a tournament(Just when SF4 had started to hit arcades and the week before Soul Calibur IV was released). He was playing in SF3 and I was playing in Capcom vs. SNK 2, but we saw the prerelease version of Soul Calibur IV and both had a go. We were pretty even (which I'm still proud of now :D), and I asked if he would play with me on SFIII, but I got my ass completely handed to me, which I kinda guessed I would :P He's not the nicest of people though. He seemed ok to start with, but the you could clearly see he was full of himself after a short while.

Fragbait
07-20-2010, 11:59 AM
I don't even own SSF4 yet. I'll get it when they release it for a system I own.

Crossin my fingers for a PSP port...

DabalRowRaizah
07-20-2010, 10:42 PM
I fully intend on beating everyone in this thread up at SSF4, unless you are all crazy good, in which case, I fully intend on pressuring you with smart play but ultimately losing because I don't hit my links consistently.

Just aim me, I am your weapon.

what about bad players you just cant beat?

ATLDrew
07-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Jeremy Ray's trash talk technique is incredible. It's like "all of you are bad unless you can beat me. Then it's because I drop combos. Basically all of you are bad or i messed up." Anyways, bring sticks/pads/keyboards/whatever you use to play SF4 to Indy and let's get a date set to game. I have an Xbox SE with sanwa buttons and a PS3 SE with sanwa buttons and a JLF so I can bring either depending on what consoles we have there. Just let me know. It's weird because out of the 14 or so UFS guys we have Atlanta, Sketch, my brother, and I are the only ones who even play fighting games.

@Joe: Yeah i played Justin at a regional in HD Remix and in casuals at Final Round this year. He was very nice and helpful to us. Very chill guy. I think he was just minding his manners because Marn was shooting his mouth off to the ATL Tekken guys and almost got shot lol.

SMazzurco
07-21-2010, 10:06 AM
My sim > this thread. My viper....needs work.

I will challenge anyone to a FT5 on PSN. I'll be home tonight ~6pst. A west coast player would be awesome, i get lag with east coast sometimes (i am in CA).

ATLDrew
07-22-2010, 10:27 AM
So let's set this up. When are you guys good to play at the con?

JavelinChimera
07-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Not intending to derail this topic from the... somewhat derail, but does anyone know if there was some UFS action at EVO anywhere? Seems like it would be a fitting game SOMEWHERE there. Totally not the reason to be at EVO but it's almost becoming a Fighting Game Convention of sorts anyways.

I plan on trying to go next year, don't expect to get far but I like to think I have a decent Rog.

DabalRowRaizah
07-22-2010, 04:10 PM
So let's set this up. When are you guys good to play at the con?

uhhh anytime between when i get there and when i leave :P

Drewkasa
07-23-2010, 12:37 AM
uhhh anytime between when i get there and when i leave :P

This. Though I will admit I suck...pretty bad but I am going to try and practice next week before Gen Con in the hopes of sucking slightly less.

ATLDrew
07-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Who has a close hotel room? We're staying about 15 minutes out from the con so if we game at our place then it's probably going to be a drive. And seeing as how the crew im going with plans to be drunk for much of the weekend this might be a problem.

DabalRowRaizah
07-24-2010, 01:49 PM
i think our hotel room is like 1km (less than a mile) away, but we have terrible luck with our consoles working on the hotel tv's via aids.

DaiAndOh
08-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Not intending to derail this topic from the... somewhat derail, but does anyone know if there was some UFS action at EVO anywhere? Seems like it would be a fitting game SOMEWHERE there. Totally not the reason to be at EVO but it's almost becoming a Fighting Game Convention of sorts anyways.

I plan on trying to go next year, don't expect to get far but I like to think I have a decent Rog.

People who play fighting games seriously don't play UFS.

ATLDrew
08-09-2010, 02:44 AM
People who play fighting games seriously don't play UFS.

Which is something we can try to change.

DaiAndOh
08-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Which is something we can try to change.

Not disagreeing with you there, but most aren't interested in it to begin with frankly, in my experience.

Add SF and KOF's lack of recent presence, SCIV being a joke, and two original licenses, which makes the only fighting game in the current game with any merit being Tekken, and you have a game that's moving away from being a fighting game experience flavor wise.

ATLDrew
08-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Not disagreeing with you there, but most aren't interested in it to begin with frankly, in my experience.

Add SF and KOF's lack of recent presence, SCIV being a joke, and two original licenses, which makes the only fighting game in the current game with any merit being Tekken, and you have a game that's moving away from being a fighting game experience flavor wise.

Nah i see what youre saying. But Jascogames is making efforts to get back the old licenses. Thing is shady stuff with dealing with FFG and STG in the past has put a sour taste in the mouths of the Capcom and Namco higher ups.