PDA

View Full Version : Play BlazBlue? Make your favorite character!

Resting Moth
06-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Hello!
I love BlazBlue, easy to pick up, difficult to master, and it shows the 4th wall who's boss.
That being said, I've heard players mentioning that BlazBlue should be one of the first licences Jasco procures and I'm interested in what your card ideas are.
I'll start things off with a build of Tsubaki, my main.

Tsubaki Yayoi (Character) 6/6
+0 Mid Block
6 HS/ 27 Vit
[Order][Air][Void]

E Remove an "Install" counter from this character: Your [Air] attack gets +3 speed and +1 damage.

First F Discard X cards: Place X+1 "Install" counter on this character, you cannot use this ability if your character has 5 or more "Install" counters.

Macto Maledictis (Action) 4/3

F:Remove all "Install" counters from your character, until the end of your combat phase, while this card remains in your card pool, all your attacks get +1 Speed for each counter removed, and +1 Damage for each counter removed beyond the 2nd.

Dillon
06-06-2011, 09:43 PM
blazblue wont do card games do to bad history with them, or some :):):):) like that
(thats what everyone tells me)

Resting Moth
06-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Even so, it won't hurt just to pretend right? Although no one seems interested anyway. /:

Dillon
06-07-2011, 02:55 PM
never played it and dont plan to

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-15-2011, 08:01 PM
OK so i used magic set editor, ufs version and made a bunch of Blazblue Ragna cards. When the game had died id planed to make a Blazblue set for me and my friends to play but never put the work in.

At the moment I'm too busy to put real work into this so no personal artwork. (though i will do some eventually) I tried to get the cards to be like the game as best i can while trying to maintain balance.
Notice the Inferno divider represent the uppercut and wall punch but when you enhance it you get the Drive version of Inferno divider and the Drive axe kick after the uppercut.

I know the wording is a bit off and the placement is down to the editor, cant do much about that. If you can come up with a better way for me to word it do so, feed back is much appreciated. :)

Niv.

Resting Moth
06-15-2011, 08:38 PM
I like the basic ideas, they're pretty cool, though I agree with you that blood kain needs work, for 1 thing, it has an amazing block, a little too good, but also it's difficulty is too low, I'd go up to 4 or 5, especially since you gave him a foundation that has a 6 check. You should also make a throw attack for him that has Combo (Blood Kain) to represent that stupidly amazing special he gets. By the way, did you notice that I turned Momentum into Tsubaki's install?

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I like the basic ideas, they're pretty cool, though I agree with you that blood kain needs work, for 1 thing, it has an amazing block, a little too good, but also it's difficulty is too low, I'd go up to 4 or 5, especially since you gave him a foundation that has a 6 check. You should also make a throw attack for him that has Combo (Blood Kain) to represent that stupidly amazing special he gets. By the way, did you notice that I turned Momentum into Tsubaki's install?

I did, me and my friend are unsure that is the best way to represent her install. Maybe some counters but hay i can see it working that way in the card game, its just that the momentum is like the super bar to me but hay that's just my thoughts, still looks good though.

Blood Kain kills you, notice that its not something you can get out of, your losing that life no matter what. It only effects drive attacks and most of all the block is to represent the invincibility frames you get from activating it. I have thought about the throw but its best to have a 5C or 5D that can combo from a throw. I don't feel its overpowered, think it needs to be tested, i just feel it's written odd.

But hay i have been out of the game for a while, if your seeing it being broken from just the cards i posted then i guess I'm wrong. ^_^

Niv.

New thought... what about it becomes an E instead of a R and the F is a First F ? Also i think the attack gain life was supposed to be Drive attacks, that was a screw up. Ill fix it when i come up with a better form of that card.

Dillon
06-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Wording on Blood Kain is... yeh i need help with it but you get the idea.

Niv.

you LOOSE vitality
LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL that made me laugh even though it isnt that funny

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-15-2011, 09:20 PM
you LOOSE vitality
LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL that made me laugh even though it isnt that funny

OMG i did notice that typo LOLZ.

Resting Moth
06-15-2011, 10:38 PM
I see what you mean about Tsubaki, I realized that I made it so the her attacks give her Install by making it the momentum, so you're right I need to change it...

Resting Moth
06-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Made one of her specials

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah i like it, its really like her :)

Just working on new cards now, will post tomorrow. Should i stop posting with BB art/sprites? If its a problem i will.

Niv.

Resting Moth
06-17-2011, 12:34 AM
I would double check the ToS before posting any more if you're not sure, but it doesn't infringe on copyright laws since you aren't attempting to sell or distribute it.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-17-2011, 01:53 PM
OK, ill post some soon, still working on balance.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-17-2011, 06:37 PM
5 Attacks.
Niv.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-17-2011, 10:05 PM
OK, i made a bunch of changes, ill post them later. Tell me if anything is overpowered and why so i can fix it.

Niv.

Resting Moth
06-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Ummm yeah, that throw is extremely overpowered, it may have 0 spd, but throw speed doesn't matter at all, you usually expect them to be blocked, therefore a 2 diff throw is going to deal damage almost all the time, plus it draws you a card for free? the diff needs to go up, that E needs a cost, and there should be a "only playable if you have x attacks in your card pool" I'm thinking at least two unless you raise the difficulty

Lono
06-18-2011, 12:33 AM
So I don't mean to be mean, but these cards aren't good.

Moth: Tsubaki basically reads: Discard 2 cards, your Air attack gets +3 speed. Which is really expensive for a limited ability (you have to run an air attack lineup to get anything out of the tokens technically). Macto is basically Tsubaki only and to get any real mileage out of it, you need to discard at least 6 cards (get 3 tokens). The 3 check basically means it'll take the spot of an attack, and since she's technically a 5hs character (assuming your getting 1 token per turn), she'll probably have a hard time running that card herself.

Niv: All your attacks have no blocks and are 2 checks. I'm not trying to be rude, but what's up with that? None of them are powerful enough to warrant to the cost. One of them is 4 Speed Mid for 3 damage, has a 3 card combo (hard to pull off) and you only get +2 damage? Even the throw isn't that great. Speed does matter and there are ways to make that attack deal no damage, and way more to punish you after the block.
However, if the drive attacks were really good, then Ragna would probably be really annoying since the attacks have to be reduced to 0 damage to not gain life. Oh, and Powerful: 1 is useless. Powerful needs to hit at least 3 before it becomes worth the momentum investment (See Lightning Uppercut, and Kaden).

I know that was a lot, and I apologize. I know you both really like the license and have taken strives to honor the material, but the balance and playability isn't there.

Edit: Sorry, I see 2 attacks have blocks and 2 have 3 CC

Resting Moth
06-18-2011, 12:42 AM
I see what you mean about Tsubaki, it was an oversight mostly, however her special attacks (which I have not made) will get other boosts as long as you have discarded an Install counter. I will change it however, thank you for pointing that out to me.

Actually, re-reading my post, that was a typo, it should have read 3 install counters.

Resting Moth
06-18-2011, 12:58 AM
I have edited Tsubaki again, I believe I hit the head on the nail this time, now you can give her as much or as little install as you want. And like the game, if you decide to sit and charge a full 5 install, you're gonna take a heavy hit.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Yeah i feel this but its so hard to balance, I'm trying to keep it in the game, also the cards need rewritten, some combos shouldn't be so many cards, they are supposed to represent also. As for the no blocks, that is because the attacks don't trade well or don't trade at all and that way i don't see them blocking.

The throw is overpowered really? I guess i could make it 3 dam, ctrl 3? Any ideas what you would do say so and ill make some changes.
And yes the powerful is wrong, it needs to be 2 (isn't 3 too powerful) and the hand size 6.

Thanx.

Niv.

Lono
06-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Are you familiar with the standard environment, Niv? I mentioned Kaden, because he gives ALL of his attacks Powerful: 3 (if they're blank cards) and he's not top tier. To put it in perspective: Double Tap is 2 Speed Low, 5 Damage, Multiple: 1. That gives you 5 damage for 1 momentum. If instead it had Powerful: 2, it would never see the play it does now.

I know you're trying to represent the source material as close as possible, but that creates cards no one can use. If someone wanted to play a Ragna deck using his support, they would lose probably all their games. They would, because their deck has so many 2 checks, and they have no damage, and they'll have no blocks during their opponents turn.

I know you love the license and you're trying to represent it, but in my experience it is best to look at the material as a source of inspiration for a theme and strategy and then look at the symbols and meta to see what I think it needs.

Edit: If you're serious about this, I suggest you write them down on paper, put them in sleeves, and play test them to see how they work in a real game.

MasWasTooShort
06-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Are you familiar with the standard environment, Niv? I mentioned Kaden, because he gives ALL of his attacks Powerful: 3 (if they're blank cards) and he's not top tier.To add to that point, Kaden freely gives those card other effects.

About Inferno Divider, compare it with Canine Strike (http://www.tradecardsonline.com/img/cards/ufs/1597/big/53.jpg). Also 6 difficulty, also multiple 2. Has an optional alternative means of paying for the multiple, all attacks are 5 damage and because of the enhance that all the attacks have they're all a lot faster than that printed value of 2, without having to pay anything to boost it. AND it's got a block. AND it's control 3.

Dead Spike is humiliated by Lion Slayer (http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/T601/scans/28.jpg). Same control and difficulty, far less specific Combo (even when Mid Weapon Drive is just one attack), both Es are far superior (2+ from the Combo E, 3 from the E, compared to 2 from a Combo E), the block modifier is lower and it's more damaging.
For a Fire/All to compare against, look at Neutron Bomb (http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/T601/scans/82.jpg). Again, better enhances (just off the card you draw a card and get -1 difficulty to your next attack), easier combo. This one's got better control.

Speaking of Neutron Bomb, compare it with Spin Kick. +1 difficulty nets you not having to discard a card, not having to deal damage to draw the card, an undeniably useful Combo E and 2 damage. I suspect that all it wants is something Death-like added on to it.

To best explain why your throw is broken, no 2 difficulty attack has ever had printed 4 damage. Throw just makes it that much stronger. Drawing a card, stronger still. Drawing a card during the enhance step is potential to fuel another enhance.

Resting Moth
06-19-2011, 01:26 PM
I understand that the cards we've made have issues, and so does Niv, that's why he posted them all here, he's been asking for help on how to make them more balanced. I personally don't know Ragna's character enough to say what his attacks should be, But coming in here and telling us everything that's wrong with them isn't nearly as helpful as actually making suggestions to help make them be the balanced cards we want them to be that also represent the license.

Lono
06-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Well guys, are you familiar with the standard environment? That was a serious question, because these cards look like they're from a bygone era. If you're not, then my best suggestion is to do some research on the symbols, meta, and cards, as they currently stand and try to adjust your set accordingly.

What specifically are you guys looking for suggestions? What's the strategy and theme you're trying to implement, or the symbol support you're trying to add? Without those all most of us can say are the obvious like too many 2 checks and no blocks.

I know you guys want to represent the license, but I suggest you look to them for inspiration for a play style or strategy that represents the character. If you try to make cards that are 1-for-1, then you end up with a lot of attacks that are very situational and/or have no defenses (blocks, etc), and they become very hard to justify running in a deck.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-20-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry I'm actually a old player, played allot before teken, when it came out i stopped buying cards and then the game died, just got my RH recently and so i didn't realise the power creep.
With that in mind i will sort my cards accordingly and yes i don't know what i was thinking a 4 dam check 2 throw was stupid. Ill make it 2-3 depending on how i design it. Thank you for the feed back, cards will go up sometime today. :)

Cards are up and i have also made one more, posted here.
As always feed back please.

Niv.

Lono
06-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Well, it's not so much a power creep as much as it is a re-balance of the game, with a focus on attacks and not foundations. For example, Bounty is too good by today's standards. A 1/6 with a block and two good effects with no real cost? Even if the abilities on it weren't that great, the stats alone are amazing. Look up how the cheap foundations function in standard to see how they've become more situational/limited. As it is, it should be a 2/5.

This might be just me, but I will never agree to the idea of a 4 CC attack. That number throws everything out of balance. Either the attack is good and it curves your check ratio significantly (think back to clones), creating an imbalance, or you add so many handicaps that its unplayable and then whats the point?

The attacks overall are definitely better, but why have Inferno Divider when Gauntlet Hades exist, you know? Because of the static on Divider it only does 11 total damage (without desperation), while Hades does 9 damage. Hades is also basically multiple:1 compared to 2, is off zone, has a block, and both Hades and its multiple have Drive. I would look at cards like Canine Strike, Double Tap, Waterfall, and Rowdy Bunch to see how strong multiples are curved.

Is there a particular reason for Ragna's symbol spread? All/Death/Water is an interesting spread, but Water seems ignored since a lot of his cards don't have them. The support itself doesn't really seem to have a coherent strategy among them, either. Most let you draw a card (because they have All, I get it), while Ragna just kind of wants to run Drives. I think you should go back to the drawing board on what you want a Ragna deck to do when Ragna is the pilot, and (if you want to go one further) what you'd like to see other characters do when using his tools. I'd recommend staying away from a life gain theme, as it can get out of hand if you're not careful. For Ragna himself, as I know you want to replicate his drive ability, I would add more limitations to it besides having Drive. Like E: If your Drive attack deals X or more/less damage, gain 2 life, or simply make it a once per turn deal.

madeofwin
06-21-2011, 10:06 AM
here's a few basic character designs for blazblue i knocked up a while back, enjoy:

Jin
7 hs 18 vitality
Evil/Order/Water

F commit: Commit a non-character card in your opponents staging area, if this ability was played as your first form that card may not be readied until after your opponents next ready phase.
R: After you play a stun ability, you may choose to have your opponent commit assets instead of foundations.

Arakune
6 hs 26 vitailty
Death/Earth/Void

E commit: If your attack deals damage, add a curse token to a non-character card in your opponents staging area.
R: During your opponents ready phase, for each card with a curse token on it, he may choose to lose 1 vitality or that card is blanked for the rest of the turn.

Ragna the bloodedge
6 hs 25 vitality
All/Chaos/Fire

E lose 2 vitality: If your attack deals damage, gain 5 vitality
E commit discard 1 momentum: This attack gets +X damage, X= the amount of vitality you've lost during this enhance step.

Noel vermillion
7 hs 17 vitality
Air/Death/Good

E commit a foundation: Your ranged attack gets +X speed, X= the number of ranged attacks in your card pool.
F commit: Add a ranged attack from your discard pile to your hand, only playable if you have at least 2 ranged attacks in your card pool.

Taokaka
8hs 13 vitality
Good/Life/Water

F reduce your maximum hand size by 1 permanently: Discard up to 3 attacks that were blocked or dealt no damage from your card pool. only playable once per turn.
E commit: Gain 5 vitality, you have no maximum vitality for the rest of this attack. after this attack resolves, if your vitality is higher than your maximum vitality, return your vitality to your maximum vitality. only playable during your opponents turn.

Hakumen
5 hs 30 vitality
Good/Order/Water

R commit: After you block with an attack, reveal your hand, if you have 1 or more attacks in your hand your block gets breaker X, X= the number of cards in your
hand, if you have no attacks in your hand you may play that card as a reversal following all restrictions and paying all costs.

Just a few to get started, will get the rest sorted out when i get chance.

guitalex2010
06-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Here's my sad attempt at making one of my favorite characters in the game, the extremely weird Arakune.

Arakune
6/6 Character +0M
6HS 28Vit
Chaos/Evil/Void

If your opponent has five or more Curse counters at the beginning of their turn, they remove a Curse counter after every Ready Phase and cannot have Curse counters added to them until all Curse counters have been removed this way.

F Commit: Put 1 Curse counter on your opponent's character. If you cannot, your control checks to play attacks get +2 and this ability cannot be negated.

-o-o-o-o-

Crimson
5/3 Attack 3M4 +2M
Chaos/Evil/Void
Drive – Ranged

E Commit 1 foundation: Your next control check this turn gets +2.

E: If this attack deals damage, put 1 Curse counter on the opponent's character. If you cannot put a Curse counter on your opponent’s character this way, your opponent loses 3 vitality instead.

-o-o-o-o-

f of g
5/3 Attack 4H5 +0L
Chaos/Evil/Void
Drive – Ranged

E: If this attack deals damage, put X Curse tokens on your opponent’s character. X equals five minus the number of Curse tokens on your opponent’s character. If you cannot put Curse tokens on your opponent’s character this way, your next attack this turn ignores progressive difficulty.

-o-o-o-o-

f inverse
6/2 Attack 3H6
Chaos/Evil/Void
Combo (Throw) - Ranged – Reversal – Arakune Only

E: If your opponent removed any Curse counters from their character during this turn’s Ready Phase, the damage of this attack may not be reduced by card effects.

Combo E: This attack is unblockable. Only playable if your last attack played as an attack this turn was not blocked.

-o-o-o-o-

Also giving a shot at one of my favorites, Litchi Faye-Ling.

Litchi Faye-Ling
6/6 Character +0M
7HS 18Vit
Air/Order/Life

E Commit: If your kick attack deals damage, search your discard pile for an asset you could normally play and add it to your staging area.

E Commit: If your weapon Drive attack deals damage, search your discard pile for a kick attack you could normally play and add it to your hand.

-o-o-o-

Switching Styles
2/5 Action +3M
Air/Order/Life
Breaker:3

R: After your kick attack deals damage, choose an asset that you own in your opponent’s staging area. Move that asset to your staging area.

R: After your weapon Drive attack deals damage, move an asset from your staging area to your opponent’s staging area.

-o-o-o-

Litchi’s Staff
2/4 Asset +2M
Air/Order/Life
Unique - Weapon

After this card enters or is removed from your staging area, if you do not own this card, you lose 2 vitality.

Litchi E Commit: If your weapon attack deals damage, move this asset to your opponent’s staging area.

E: If your kick attack deals damage, move this asset to your staging area. Either player may play this ability. Playable while committed.

-o-o-o-

Thirteen Orphans
4/4 Action
Air/Order/Life

F: If your opponent has a copy you own of Litchi’s Staff in their staging area, this becomes a 4 speed, 6 damage mid weapon Drive attack. After this attack resolves, move the copy of Litchi’s Staff you own from your opponent’s staging area to your staging area.

E: Move an asset from your staging area to your opponent’s staging area and discard this card from your card pool. Only playable during your kick attack.

-o-o-o-

Reach: Last Chance
5/3 Action
Air/Order/Life

R Remove this card from the game: During an attack’s damage step, this attack deals no damage. Only playable if you have a copy of Litchi’s Staff in your staging area.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-21-2011, 03:18 PM
yeah i get my ideas need work but they are close to the game and represent what the point of this was. And i agree the foundation is a bit much, wanted to see a reaction and see if anyone had any ideas to balance it, i think i want to keep it at a 1 check so we will figure that out later. Ragna needs to have low life, needs to have an ability to gain life from drive on block or hit. That is what soul eater his drive does.
In the game i think he has less than 10000 HP, but ill look into that later.
Niv.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Some points i didnt adress.

Inferno Divider has reversal, this makes it more like its own attack. (EG. in the game when you block an attack you can inferno divider on reaction as it will win with almost any attack and has allot of invincibility frames)
I will go into the symbols later as ragna is very much all, death and water. he also shows fire, evil and chaos but these are not his main personalty traits.
the 4 check isn't that bad i feel but i see that i can be wrong, if i make it a 3 ill need to add something to the attack. like Hair Trigger its a small attack that helps power up your next attack so it needs a little work. Your feed back was excellent and I'm very thankful of your time :)

My next post will be some more cards with a new char and some new ideas and i will re balance my current ideas and explain my symbol reasons.

Niv.

Resting Moth
06-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Hmmm I feel like I disagree with a lot of the recent posts... madofwin, I don't really understand any of your characters, I don't see them reflecting themselves at all, especially Tao, the fact that you made her a vitality character is mostly just confusing, in the game she's more aggressive and she can do incredibly long air combos using her drive.

Guitalex, I like your attempt at Arakune, he seems similar to his character, although the Curse ability on his card seems a bit convoluted, there might be an easier way to word it so it's clearer. Also, I don't quite understand all the buffs his attacks get when the curse mode is active, seeing as he summons a plethora of bugs when the curse is active, maybe he can play lots of tiny attacks during a larger one, maybe he could have "R: After you play an attack, place the top two cards of your deck into your cardpool face down, those cards don't count toward progressive difficulty and are 1 speed, 1 damage attacks with the zone of your choice. Those attacks gain Chaos, Evil and Void symbols. Only playable while your opponent is 'cursed'"

Niv, I can understand death for Ragna, and I can sort of see all, but I don't get why you think water fits him, could you explain this to me?

Resting Moth
06-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Also Tao's first ability is unplayable, no one would want to lose a maximum hand size point to get rid of three attacks.

Resting Moth
06-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Niv, I still think that throw is too powerful, the 2/2 is a limiter on it, but I think it's the wrong limiter. And you didn't really reduce it's damage, it's still gonna hit for two. One of my friends plays Ragna and I brought this up to him, when I did, he told me Ragna's throw doesn't even deal damage, it just helps your combo to be longer. Maybe you could play it as a 0/3 for 3 or 4 spd and 0 dmg that makes your next attack get -whatever difficulty if it's not blocked.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-22-2011, 04:14 PM
That isn't even close to true, in CT the throw did exactly 800 dam, it was toned down to damage scale in the CS and got a hit stun reduction in CS2, your friend knows very little about Ragna, ill make it cost 3.
FYI the throw is an OTG only but i cant represent that in the game so i made the 3C or sweep have a reduction to throws for Ragna only.

Also very busy just now but i will explain everything tomorrow about choices and such and post new cards.

Niv.

Resting Moth
06-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Okay.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Give ragna a go, he has so much flow and gatling and if you stay away from unsafe stuff you'll have allot of fun with him.
unsafe is 5D on block or wif, 6C though you can dash cancel it and continue pressure, D version of inferno divider, but it is good in combos and hells fang if too close or just into attacks. the hells part can be put into a mix up on block.

I actually started to learn tsubaki from looking at your cards lol, don't know if i would have done that otherwise.

Sorry must get back to work. bye for now.

Niv.

MasWasTooShort
06-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Also Tao's first ability is unplayable, no one would want to lose a maximum hand size point to get rid of three attacks.
Hi, I'm no one. Nice to meet you.

Seriously though, clearing my card pool when my starting hand size is so large is only a good thing and the other guy's basically got 18 vitality to break through, which I recover at an astonishing rate just by being Taokaka. I can totally afford to be that aggressive a couple of times in a match.

Resting Moth
06-22-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry but there are so many easier ways to pass checks that losing a hand size point isn't worth it at all. You could raise your checks if you're chaos, fire or evil, you could playful slice with air, life or water, you could genius alchemist with all, life or void, all at very little cost.

But that's all beside the point, what does the Tao he made have anything to do with the Tao in the game? It's not that she CAN be aggressive, she just is. She pokes over and over until a poke hits, then she starts a massive air combo off one poke, and she doesn't do anything to gain vitality. Not only that, but 18 vitality isn't remotely hard to break through, a throw mitsu would just annihilate that.

Resting Moth
06-22-2011, 05:51 PM
The old Tsubaki made more sense with the what I had made her card, but her combo's are shorter and more powerful now, so I think making her into a 6 hs and giving her install a damage buff is a good way to represent the new Tsubaki.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Agreed. she should have some fast specials too as she is good at catching you off guard. I'm off. post again tomorrow with all i promised at about 4-5ish GTM.

Niv.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-23-2011, 05:32 PM
This is really late but i had no choice i had friends over.

Ill start off by explaining Ragna the Blood Edge.

ALL: Ragna needs options and vitality gain. The card drawing is imperative to his offensive style and soul eater, his drive gains life on hit and block only. To capture this i chose all instead of life.

Death: He is the grim reaper. Nuf said!

Water: This is important as ragna is all about flow and versatility. He has allot of gatling and can find his way out of most situations. (see Inferno Divider vs supers in game.) With meter ragna can change tactic, his high/low mix up is some of the best in the game.

Alternatively ragna can also be seen as Evil, Fire or Chaos.

Evil: Kinda speaks for its self with him being the black beast and all.

Fire: His offence and rush-down.

Chaos: His rebellious attitude towards the N.O.L. is what the story is all about. His link to seither as its because of the black beast seither is there in the first place.

I hope this clears things up.

Niv.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-23-2011, 09:11 PM
OK got lots of new stuff, but ill just post a fue just now.
Still working on the ragna cards and will post what i have when im happy with it.

Enjoy.

Niv.

Resting Moth
06-23-2011, 09:15 PM
I see why you chose the symbols you did, but I don't think you're meant to choose symbols based off what the character need in the game, you base them off their personalities, affiliations, yadda yadda yadda.

For instance, I based Tsubaki off Air, Order, and Void

I find Air to suit her because she rushes like the wind, using speed to overpower, along with the fact that she summons wings and has strong aerial abilities.

I gave her order because she strongly believes in it, she's part of the government/law enforcement in blazblue, and tries to keep everyone around her in line. Going so far as to hunt down her crush, Jin, despite the fact that she loves him, because he has been branded a deserter.

I decided to give her void as her last symbol because of the weapon she uses. It sucks the light out of it's user, along with whatever it hits, it's a forbidden weapon that is slowly robbing her of her sight and will eventually cause her to go blind.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-23-2011, 09:20 PM
OK got lots of new stuff, but ill just post a fue just now.
Still working on the ragna cards and will post what i have when im happy with it.

Enjoy.

Niv.

Will post more tomorrow. Tell me what you think.

Niv.

Resting Moth
06-23-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't really like the new cards... :/

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Can you be more specific (also bunch of spelling mistakes on the cards as they were made at like 11 30 and me and my friend were shattered.)

Resting Moth
06-25-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm too tired to bother looking at all of them, but I dislike Tiny Lobelia right off the bat. It may be low cost, but at 1 spd and damage, it's still useless; plus having a +4 block makes it even worse. It's not super unbalanced, just pointless, it may go to momentum face up regardless of whether it was blocked or not (which is pretty cool) but it's not enough oomph. Give it a bit more damage and lower the block modifier to a 2 or less, but it being easy to block makes sense.

I also kinda feel like Rachel's attacks are all over the place, there's no specific ability they have, other than the flipping moment up, which I don't understand...

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-26-2011, 02:34 PM
OK if it's too weak i'll give it a zero difficulty and a 3+ block, if that ends up being too strong i'll make it a 1 difficulty.
Face up momentum, turn it up and down, it gives bonuses, It's Rachel's traps. You know the Tiny Lobelia is the move she does before striking lightning, this is why your face up momentum increases baden baden lily.
See what other things you think are wrong.

Niv.

Resting Moth
06-26-2011, 07:38 PM
I know what Tiny Lobelia is, but I don't see the cards reflecting that, Tiny Lobelia combos into Sword Iris but your versions take a turn between them, plus you have Sword Iris working without Tiny Lobelia. Possibly have Tiny Lobelia go into momentum face up if it hits, like piercing howl, or make Sword Iris only playable if you have Tiny Lobelia in your momentum or cardpool.

How about this: Tiny Lobelia 2/3 3 spd mid 2 dmg E: If this attack deals damage, add it to your momentum face up. As well as... E: Place this card anywhere in your cardpool. Only playable if this card is in your momentum face-up. And give it some sort of static that works while it's in the cardpool. You could do something similar with George XIII and Ancient Gypsophila.

Having Sword Iris playable only when the Lobelia's there makes it unplayable, so how about giving it an overwhelming boost if you have the Lobelia? Maybe something like Combo(Tiny Lobelia) Combo E: This attack gets Stun: 4

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-28-2011, 06:02 PM
I know what Tiny Lobelia is, but I don't see the cards reflecting that, Tiny Lobelia combos into Sword Iris but your versions take a turn between them, plus you have Sword Iris working without Tiny Lobelia. Possibly have Tiny Lobelia go into momentum face up if it hits, like piercing howl, or make Sword Iris only playable if you have Tiny Lobelia in your momentum or cardpool.

How about this: Tiny Lobelia 2/3 3 spd mid 2 dmg E: If this attack deals damage, add it to your momentum face up. As well as... E: Place this card anywhere in your cardpool. Only playable if this card is in your momentum face-up. And give it some sort of static that works while it's in the cardpool. You could do something similar with George XIII and Ancient Gypsophila.

Having Sword Iris playable only when the Lobelia's there makes it unplayable, so how about giving it an overwhelming boost if you have the Lobelia? Maybe something like Combo(Tiny Lobelia) Combo E: This attack gets Stun: 4

Some good ideas, I didn't make the Rachel cards, just helped with them. Funny thing is Tiny Lobelia didn't have a block i added that. So when my friend comes back this week we will work on the ideas. See what we can get out of it. I'm still working on cards, fixed all the Ragna cards and another one of my friends fixed the MTG editor so the cards now look good and small symbols can be added.

Got allot to do just now so ill be back in a day or so. Why not put up some of your new ideas :)
As always thanks for the feedback.

Niv.

Resting Moth
06-30-2011, 03:50 PM
I think I'm gonna stick to just characters, they're more fun. Though I do have a bunch of ideas floating around in my head for a bunch of the characters...

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-30-2011, 04:51 PM
We're actually making a set as we want to play with it.
Just started work on Noel, will post new cards next week and a thought process talking about why this is this and that is that. will be fun :)
May post updated cards tomorrow if i'm not too busy.

Niv.

Resting Moth
07-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Lambda 11 6/6 - 7 hs 17 vit +0 mid block
Air, Death, Void

E Commit: Your ranged attack gets +1 damage for each ranged attack in your card pool

E Commit 1 foundation: This attack gains the keyword "ranged"

Lono
07-05-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm not sure if you know, but unless it's stated otherwise, all enhances an attack gains goes away after it resolves. So, damage/speed bonuses go away after the attack resolves, and in this case the ranged keyword. If you really want to stick with this, I'd rewrite it to "E Commit 1 foundation: This attack gains the "Ranged" keyword for the rest of this turn.

Edit: I'm fairly certain on this, but I'd check in the Rules Q&A section.

Otherwise, she's really...plain. It doesn't really represent her zoning game, or her pressure from multiple angles.

Resting Moth
07-05-2011, 09:30 PM
There are multiple ways to play her, I play her to break guards, she can do that pretty easily. Plus her second E is defensive, almost all her attacks will already be ranged, which means you can play them as a +0 mid block to any ranged attack.

MasWasTooShort
07-06-2011, 01:23 PM
So, uhh... I'll just leave these here.

Resting Moth
07-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Huh... interesting idea... not sure how an attack without a difficulty would work. I think that even if you use 0 that it needs to have a difficulty value, otherwise it conflicts with things like progressive difficulty and cards that look at difficulty for an effect. The way you worded Hakumen's static is somewhat confusing, would you consider revising it?

MasWasTooShort
07-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Re: Difficulty. It's similar to a multiple attack in that you just treat it as having printed value of 0.

Re: Confusing wording. Sure. What about: "Whenever you play a Form with an additional cost of discarding momentum, your control check for the form gets +X. X is half the printed number of momentum that you must discard for that additional cost (rounded down)."

Resting Moth
07-07-2011, 02:10 PM
I like the static's wording much better now, no way to get into arguments about it.

Multiple attacks have no printed values at all, otherwise Zi Mei could multiple her multiples.

MasWasTooShort
07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Multiple attacks have no printed values at all,Yes, but you missed the point.

2.14.2.4.3 Multiple copies have no printed values of their own. The face down card is only the representation of an attack, and anything that references printed values of the attack will return a “null” (or “zero” for a number)."
God Hand and its variants are for all intents and purposes difficulty 0.
Admittedly, the only reason why it doesn't just say 0 was so its static ability can't be so easily ignored.

otherwise Zi Mei could multiple her multiples.No, just no.

2.14.2.4 Multiple (...) Each of the cards placed into your card pool counts as a copy of the Multiple attack with a blank text box and speed and damage values equal to the printed values of the original attack. (...) If you attempt to create a “multiple copy” of a “multiple copy,” the “copy of the copy” is discarded."
If it weren't for this specific part of the rule, she could totally do that.

Resting Moth
07-07-2011, 11:17 PM
'Kay.

Flagnine1
07-11-2011, 10:20 AM
Platinum the trinity 6/6 7 hs 19 vit +0 mid
Good air chaos

F: once per turn put an asset from your hand into your staging area.
F: commit and destroy an asset you control. You create an attack with mid speed equal to the destroy assets base difficulty and strength equal to the destroyed assets base check. This attack has the same symbols and text box as the destroyed asset.

Calisto
07-27-2011, 10:54 AM
This looks neat. Might give Hazama and Arakune a try.

Nivmizzetfiremind
08-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Well, its been along time since i posted hasn't it? I've had allot of work to do and was in the middle of 3 projects but that's all over and I'm kinda on hols for now. So what better time to work on the cards me and my friends have been making, also to work on some art for them.
Now don't get me wrong we haven't done nothing, far from it. I think we are just shy of 100 cards including 2 set promos and I've been working on sketches for the art i want to use. Allot of the cards we did before are very different now, some have just had some minor tweaks but others are nothing like they used to be.

Like before the thing that has been driving our designs is Flavor and Balance, if a card feels like the game its good but if not its pointless and would be better in a non BlazBlue set. To give an example we came up with a card that is rapid cancel. It reads like this...
4 dif, 4 cc, +2 mid block. Action Card. Infi.
BlazBlue only.
If your opponent's card effect makes you discard this card they discard 2 cards.
F, Discard 2 momentum: For the rest of this combat phase the attacks played previously do not count towards progressive difficulty when you play attacks. Discard this card from your card pool.
Anyone who knows the game will get this, I hope you like it.

Anyway, in the coming days i will post allot of new cards, they will have sprite art for now but i will update them with art in the near future.

Niv.

Resting Moth
08-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Sweet, thx for the update Niv, I look forward to your ideas