PDA

View Full Version : Lu Chen

Sieg
07-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Here's my Lu Chen build that seems to keep winning but then again it should be better

Lu Chen

Ostreinburg Castle Throne Room

Amaryllis Spin
Amy's Sidestep

Leaping Snap Kick
Lu Chen's Palm Strike
Chi Disruptor

The Man Behind the Mask
Hope for One's People
Torn Hero
Know When to Talk...
Regretful Existence
Cute Prankster
Together Again
Not Human
Enemies Now Friends
Shadowar
Strange Fashion

all cards are 4 copies each. i want to know how to make the deck better cause it can survive almost anything as it is but it can always have improvement from my experience of this game.

Ryken
07-15-2010, 01:05 PM
I will ALWAYS recomend To the Ends of the Earth in Lu Chen.

Sieg
07-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Even when i have 8 3 difficulty cards?

SMazzurco
07-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Robes?
Wrath?

It looks like you are mono good. Where is cursed blood?

Also don't need 4x Cute Prankster IMO.
Also in 6HS not sure if i like all the actions + throne room + not human combo. Id pull the thrones for Robes probably and cut the actions.
If you can splash life then drossel will help with some speed pumps.

Not sure if he is on here but Vaporgecko has pretty much made everyone in California hate that dirty old man. Lu Chen is a beast.

Sieg
07-15-2010, 01:26 PM
the prankster i rarely ever use so i agree but the throne room and not human combo makes me survive and helps push attacks through. i'll try it without those but i will feel really wide open if i dont have them.

SMazzurco
07-15-2010, 02:13 PM
id try to fit in robes for sure.

Honestly i think lu does better with life mixed in there. Flexible body, Drossel, etc

Sieg
07-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Chen is doing a lot better now with the mods. is there anything he has a hard match against other than discard?

Yoko Charming Fox
07-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Chen is doing a lot better now with the mods. is there anything he has a hard match against other than discard?

When I tryed him I found that excessive speed pump can cause some problems for him.

ATLDrew
07-15-2010, 11:11 PM
When I tryed him I found that excessive speed pump can cause some problems for him.

Robes and Cursed Blood are the two best cards in the deck. Lu Chen is going to want to gray war against some decks and Cursed Blood helps him do that better. Robes is almost a mulligan condition against fire. Its incredibly for stopping early rushes.

As for bad matchups, Kisheri off of Death is TERRIBLE. Probably about 20% for Old Dirty. Id imagine Lizardman is pretty rough too. King is kinda difficult but you have strange fashion after sideboard. Fire is a great matchup for ODB except for Cassandra and Zi Mei. The 7HS fire characters are about 40% game one and get a little better after board for our build. They can just race you and build faster than you early. But overall the deck has been really good for us. Smashes fire and life in the face which is what we are trying to do.

Ryken
07-16-2010, 07:24 AM
Even when i have 8 3 difficulty cards?

ALWAYS.

To the Ends of the Earth in Lu Chen/Robes/Know When To Talk = your turn.

Da_ghetto_gamer
07-16-2010, 04:41 PM
This is definitely the one deck i hate playing against most in standard right now its just so disruptive and when built/played right doesnt let you do much of anything.....you have to hit him fast or hes going to set up and your in for a lonnnnggggg game....

Robes are a definite include here it stops early aggro if you can stick it early....your going to be playing slower then alot of decks so i think adding in to the ends isnt going to hurt you that much considering how brutal it can be when paired with alot of his other cards

I feel like this needs a better kill but i just dont know what....there might not even be one out there but if you can find that then youve got yourself a winning deck!

RockStar
07-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Maybe include Pointing Thrust to combo with A-Spin? Or, if you don't mind splashing Life on your Kill Turn, Quick Strike + Pointing Thrust is pretty solid!

Sieg
07-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Yeah i want to keep it on good for the defense and wrath has been screwing me over with the 2 check a lot in testing lately. i need a better kill than that but when i started testing against Kazuya old man has been losing 80% of the time and the only way he can win is if he gets an early rush but that is near impossible in testing so far.

Sieg
07-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Ok here is the redone Lu Chen Deck. i feel im lacking defense but i'll test it to see how well it does now.

Lu Chen

Leaping Snap Kick x4
Chi Disruptor x4
Lu Chen's Palm Strike x4

Together Again x4
Cursed Blood x4
Hope For One's People x4
Man Behind the Mask x4
Enemies Now Friends x4
Regretful Existence x4
Torn Hero x4
Know When to Talk... x4
To the End of the Earth x4
Shadowar x4
For Justice x3
Memories of a Nightmare x3
Robes of the Grandmaster x2

B-Rad
07-18-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm staring at that and I'm wondering just how you're killing at the moment

SMazzurco
07-18-2010, 11:36 PM
ya you forgot to type "Wrath of Heaven x3"

Mordai
07-19-2010, 12:55 PM
I wonder.. will Triple Botta in tempo work for Lu Chen?, even more disruptive power

SMazzurco
07-19-2010, 01:06 PM
I wonder.. will Triple Botta in tempo work for Lu Chen?, even more disruptive power

How many available weapons to block with?
Triple is Combo(wpn)

Mordai
07-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Ah.. darn forgot about the combo. Oh well..

SMazzurco
07-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Mark of the beast is a "good" mid weapon. With a nifty static as well. Just a thought "if" you wanna go that route

tannerface
11-02-2010, 03:05 PM
I find life/water to be a better symbol(s) for lu chen. The problem with lu chen's reversals is that they are easily blocked. So most of the time your opponent will have no problem blocking them on their turn for the +1 progressive rather than adding their staging area to their cardpool. I use one of amy's reversals and one of lu chen's reversals, as well as wrath of heaven. The problem that all reversal decks have always had is that they rely on your opponent attacking you to win the game. Thats why I choose to run Wrath, cause that damn thing is hard to block no matter if you use the combo or no. A few good speed buffs and that thing is taking half your opponents life.

Also I find that you should A) Try not running mid zone reversals. and B) Play at least 3 character cards.
Reasoning: Mid zone reversals are easily blocked by character cards which in todays meta are run heavily. For this same reasoning you should run character cards to have an easier time blocking those attacks from cassy.

jp_status
11-04-2010, 09:43 AM
ahhhh Cassy...she runs my life I swear...lol

tannerface
11-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Yea cassy gives me a lot of trouble. I really need some speed reduction cards to come out for life.

brislove
11-05-2010, 01:30 PM
I will ALWAYS recomend To the Ends of the Earth in Lu Chen.

really? In theory you will want to be reversal-ing and adding their staging area to their card pool, if they attempt to block breaker does literally nothing

Wrath is pretty important, as you can't rely on people to attack you, if you are lu chen....they just won't, until they can spam out a bunch of attacks through all your haterade.

tannerface
11-05-2010, 06:56 PM
really? In theory you will want to be reversal-ing and adding their staging area to their card pool, if they attempt to block breaker does literally nothing

Wrath is pretty important, as you can't rely on people to attack you, if you are lu chen....they just won't, until they can spam out a bunch of attacks through all your haterade.

Yea I totally agree with wrath since relying soley on reversing to win your opponent will wait till they have enough board for your shenanigans to not matter.