PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Cross

Grizzlegrom
07-11-2011, 04:23 PM
I just picked this up kind of on a whim and also I like random RPGs that square used to make when they made better ones and found I really liked this game despite a lot of people having gripes with the combat system I was just wondering what everyone else's experiences with this one were

Zardis
07-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Honestly my second Favorite game only bested by Valkyrie Profile.

I really hope they had released Chrono Breaker for the PS2 when they said so... is sad but all games of this era are a complete BS, I hope ppl would start making INTERESTING games like this again instead of focusing only on graphics.

Grizzlegrom
07-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah I felt like that with the new final fantasy the hidden items were stupid easy to find for the most part because of the mini map, it was like "Hey this area looks like a useless fork in the road dead end... I mean treasure trove!" lol

DabalRowRaizah
07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Chrono Cross was awesome. my only problem with it was i thought the ending was crappy till gamefaqs told me how to get the good one a year later lol.

i really wish square would actually do something with the chrono series. there was a really cool fan remake of chrono trigger called chrono resurrection but it was shut down the moment square found out about it.

God_of_Muay_Thai
07-11-2011, 05:04 PM
it's a really good game.I just wish it had more time travel like chrono trigger

Grizzlegrom
07-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Yeah I find the story interesting so far though I'm not liking that one of my favorite characters so far has the worst luck ever I don't think I'll be using her that much if this keeps up lol :P (Trying to keep it spoiler free)

Vexion
07-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Chrono Cross was good, but in my opinion will always be dwarfed by it's predcessor Chrono Trigger. I like Lynx.

It's a ridiculously complex game, in otherwords GOOD... Especially compared to most of the games that come out today. Today's games are not for the "hardcore" gamers (I'd like to refer to everyone to this VGcats comic strip: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280)

i really wish square would actually do something with the chrono series. there was a really cool fan remake of chrono trigger called chrono resurrection but it was shut down the moment square found out about it.

Reminds me of a project I was involved in with resurrecting and perfecting the dotHack MMORPG. About halfway through the planning and design phase the higher ups went "oookidokey, since we kinda wanna make money off this we're changing names, a few mechanics, a bit of the lore, and some of the appearance.".... Two months later (after I work my ass off as the only one actually designing the combat system for the coders to program) the whole project implodes because the 'project leaders' kept wanting more and more impossible things for an INDIE game..... I think part of the mass desire of changes came from a C&D letter arrival to the project head's house. Seems to be the story of every game or show project I work on (group implosion)...

Grizzlegrom
07-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Chrono Cross was good, but in my opinion will always be dwarfed by it's predcessor Chrono Trigger. I like Lynx.

It's a ridiculously complex game, in otherwords GOOD... Especially compared to most of the games that come out today. Today's games are not for the "hardcore" gamers (I'd like to refer to everyone to this VGcats comic strip: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280)

Reminds me of a project I was involved in with resurrecting and perfecting the dotHack MMORPG. About halfway through the planning and design phase the higher ups went "oookidokey, since we kinda wanna make money off this we're changing names, a few mechanics, a bit of the lore, and some of the appearance.".... Two months later (after I work my ass off as the only one actually designing the combat system for the coders to program) the whole project implodes because the 'project leaders' kept wanting more and more impossible things for an INDIE game..... I think part of the mass desire of changes came from a C&D letter arrival to the project head's house. Seems to be the story of every game or show project I work on (group implosion)...

That comic is how I feel exactly :) lol

Shenron
07-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Does Chrono Cross/Trigger play like Dragon Flame or Seal of Fire or something like that'?