s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy326/Stefanj88/Tekken6%2003/
Added promos and 2 cards from set

lemme know what you think.

side note
devil kazuya was never meant to be playable

RockStar
07-20-2010, 01:22 AM
Looks really good, man!!

I think Asuka's second ability, in particular, is a bit OP, because it sets her up to be able to play FOR FREE some really ridiculous attacks on her opponent's turn (i'm looking at you Wrath of Heaven!). And, Devil Jin...just. no. Okay, having got that out of my system...i understand that Devil Jin is the Big Bad, but giving him Rivalry with a Bear and Cursed Blood as his abilities for next to no-cost is pretty insane!

There are some really great things, too, however...Eddy Gordo is absolutely rockin!! As was Lars, for that matter.

Lono
07-20-2010, 02:51 AM
Actually, I think Eddy is a bit much. He can't play the whole SSS loop, but he can still go Slippery Kick->Samba->Side Flop->Slippery Kick->Samba, and with Eddy's form and Together Again you also draw 5 cards for pretty negligible costs. In fact, because of the form, you could potentially draw and play all of your attacks in a turn as long as you check well and by well I mean a 4 or more. Also, Eddy says "twards".

I also second Asuka and Devil Jin. Being able to play any attack on your opponents turn is already pretty strong, being able to do so for free is dangerous. Also, cursed blood printed on a character with no setback is...yeah, too good.

I like Anna, though.

The Hurricane
07-20-2010, 08:53 PM
WOW!

First of great work man. I really like Murdok, and Raven would be really fun to tinker with, but I also agree with RockStar and Lono about Devil Jin. I know he's suppose to be like ultimate badass but building Cursed Blood into a character with no drawback is pretty strong.
Secondly, how did you/where can I find the character layout/format you used? It looks really sweet and I would like to have a go at it!

Thanks,
The Hurricane

JinKazama
07-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks for all your comments
Eddie, Asuka, and Devil Jin will all be looked at although I Knew Jin was completly op lol
what do you think about the following changes

Devil Jin
E (5+): If your attack deals damage your opponent destroys a commited foundation in their staging area.
R Commit 1 foundation: After your opponent plays a foundation, discard the top card of your deck. If the discarded card is a foundation add it to your staging area commited. If not, discard 1 foundation from your opponent's card pool and destroy a foundation in your staging area.

Eddie Gordo
F Commit: Choose a low attack in your card pool that card does not count towards progressive difficulty for for the rest of this turn.
R: Draw a card after your Kick attack recieves a speed bonus. (playable while commited)

Im not sure what i should change about Asuka to be honest when I created her I was thinking about wrath of heaven shenanigans and I gave her very low vitality to attempt to balance such a powerfull abilty. any and all suggestions are welcome
Id also like to know what you guys think of the character arts. The attacks are also screen shots from the game and they dont look as bad as you would think.

Lono
07-21-2010, 01:11 AM
I'd be careful with that E, actually. Keep in mind that off of Chaos, he can use Two Deadly Rings Technique and Execution Technique First Rites, both which have stun: 2. Now while they aren't that imposing, they are cheap and have to be blocked or lose 2 foundations. Combined with Body of Souls and Devil Jin's R, now not only can you gain a lead in foundations, but also keep them from ever recovering. Although, it does make a pretty effective character by itself.

Also, a few comments on the rest.
Hwoarang: His symbol spread doesn't really give him much of any support for his abilities, but that's almost overshadowed by his stats which are easily the best in standard. A thick 7 HS character with Earth can be potentially dangerous.

Craig Murdock: He's Hungry for Battle and half of Stand Off printed on one card. The second E is what concerns me, being that he's already at a beefy 30 Vitality and can potentially wall up with a non-minimum reduction.

Raven, Law, Lilli: Are all fine as far as I can tell.

Not trying to dismiss any of the characters or anything, just my initial concerns with some of them.

JinKazama
07-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Not trying to dismiss any of the characters or anything, just my initial concerns with some of them.
I appreciate and value all input keep it commin.

characters edited check em out

Hworangs first ability is alot more useful and flavorfull and his vitality is now lower to match the better ability

Craig does have the potential to wall and become quite annoying but in our current format stun should op him easily. His symbols have no anti stun available, also added minimum 1.

Jin's E returns the foundation to owners hand if his non throw does damage.

Eddie makes 1 low attack in your card pool not count.

Law lost 1 vitality.

I edited most the characters except asuka still dont know how to water her second ability down.

RockStar
07-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Re: Asuka, and since your og idea was to create shenanigans with Wrath of Heaven how about this:

R Commit, Discard 1 momentum: After you successfully block your opponent's attack, play any Reversal at -X difficulty. X equals the total of all block modifiers in your card pool.

Lono
07-21-2010, 02:28 PM
That is a possible idea, but remember Wrath itself isn't a reversal. It's just a combo(reversal, reversal). Honestly, I'd look over Asuka and consider rebuilding her from the ground up.

Also, Craig does have Torn Hero to punish stun. Just saying on paper, he has the potential.

JinKazama
07-21-2010, 02:44 PM
ahhh I forgot TH had earth
ok I guess i will be changing both asuka and murdoks 2nd abilities
maybe instead of damage neg craig could just have built in stun hate?

RockStar
07-21-2010, 04:02 PM
That is a possible idea, but remember Wrath itself isn't a reversal. It's just a combo(reversal, reversal). Honestly, I'd look over Asuka and consider rebuilding her from the ground up.

Also, Craig does have Torn Hero to punish stun. Just saying on paper, he has the potential.

Forgot that Wrath isn't itself a Reversal. Could tweek proposed change to:

R Commit,, discard X momentum: After you successfully block your opponent's attack, play any attack from your hand as a Reversal at -X difficulty. X equals the total of all block modifiers in your card pool (minimum 1).

That way, it will take some set-up to pull it off, but it can go off.

JinKazama
07-22-2010, 05:50 PM
I like where your goin but the momentum cost seems a bit hefty
I'd like to keep the timing after your reversal deals damage. That way the abilty is useful on either your turn or your opponents.
I like your idea of making the attack less difficult and the min 1 instead of playing it for free.

What do you think of...

R Commit, discard 1 momentum: After your reversal deals damage, you may play an attack from your hand at - X difficulty.
X= the number of commited foundations in your staging area (minimum 1).

Target X
07-22-2010, 11:00 PM
some of those are pretty damn interesting. Devil jin is asmidge OP tough.

JinKazama
07-23-2010, 12:38 AM
some of those are pretty damn interesting. Devil jin is asmidge OP tough.
Thanks
edited again check em out
changed- asuka revised 2nd ability, murdok new pic n new ability,changed lilis 2nd ability slightly (she's a beast), better resolutin on eddies pic, changed devil jins E to both player add a foundation to hand.

RockStar
07-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Just checkin' in. Like the changes you've made so far. You have a typo in Devil Jin, his first or second ability, if i recall. I like Marshall Law's symbol spread, as well as his abilities, and how they synergize with Blazing Fist and Law's Sommersault Kick. Very cool!

I think Asuka is more or less in line with the current power level of Standard, so good job on making the change.

Marduk is a freakin' tank! Might be a little too OP, in terms of being able to Turtle Up and play Grey Wars, he bears watching.

LOVE Hwoarang, and i'm not even a Hwoarang fan! I think his 1st ability needs the text "...that have not been readied this turn" added. I also think his second ability needn't be a "Commit", but rather "Commit 1 foundation". That makes it stronger, and more useable, i know. Might be OP, but i'd run with it for play-testing purposes. You can always scale back if it's so.

Lastly, Lars' R ability should read "Commit", not "Commit 1 foundation". That, and/or his static should have the descriptor added: "While this card is readied...".

My 2 cents worth...

JinKazama
07-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Thanks for tellin me about the typo on Jin.
very specific feedback I appreciate.

Update all the character should be balanced now and still quite competitive.
Also Rockstar about your concerns on Lars even though the cost is commit 1 foundation the timing would keep you from being able to activate it multiple times, if im not mistaken.

Techdeck
08-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Wow, This is amazing?! I'm just new for this card (Still learn how to play) but your work give me hope that will have my favorite character like "Bob" from Tekken 6 :)

JinKazama
09-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Update - new stuff

Shinji Mimura
09-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm sorry if these have been said before, but I have some notes...

-Lee's F is too much, I feel. I think it should be changed to "F: Discard cards from the top of your deck until you reveal an attack. You may then attempt to play that attack as normal, or discard it. Only playable once per turn, and only playable if you have at least one attack in your card pool." The "no control check necessary" part is the one that really gets to me.
-Devil Kazuya is too much on both ends. His R could potentially make an opponent's turn completely unplayable, and his First F acts similar to Mortal Strike, a card that, when used, didn't tend to have any negative effects to the user. The F should say something similar to, "players must destroy one foundation in order to add a card to their momentum during the Combat Phase", and the R needs to maybe say something like "only playable if your opponent has at least one momentum", or something.
-Feng Wei's R is too much. An insant +2 momentum just for dealing damage? And he has Earth's throws? The only way I potentially see that grant being balanced as it currently is would be some stipulation like, "You must play a Multiple or Combo attack as your next form or pass", that way the strategy would become predictable, but even then, I'm just not comfortable with +2 momentum just for dealing damage.
-Bruce Irving's first R can combo off itself infinitely, for so long as you make the +4s. I'd change it so that it doesn't chain off of itself. Also, the E needs to be changed since it doesn't specifically indicate whose momentum that has been discarded. That, and it doesn't really go with his other ability.
-Raven's R needs to indicate "by card's effects." Without this addition, the Review Step leads to instant momentum generation. Also, the E has too wide an activation time, and, more importantly, needs to specifically include "only playable if your opponent has at least one momentum", making it similar to From the Mouse, Humility
-Hwoarang needs his R's cost risen to 5, and his E can be a simple "commit 1 foundation." Changing a specific type of attack's zone isn't really that broken an ordeal, especially since it only works on his Kicks.
-Devil Jin's R seems a bit too much. Could potentially keep players from never building, especially with his enhance bouncing all foundations back >_>.
-Marduk's E needs to be (+5)
-Asuka's second R is way too much. Being able to play any attack from your hand as if it were a reversal? Lowering its difficulty? The idea is great, but it needs to pretty much explicitly refer to playing ANOTHER Reversal, or something.

Overall good stuff! lots of great concepts :)

RockStar
09-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Love what you've done with the new(er) cards. Don't have time atm to write a detailed commentary, but will do that by today or tomorrow. In particular, i actually like the changes you made to both Eddy Gordo and Askuka.

Not a fan of either Devil Jin or Devil Kaz, as they are a complete NPE and OP experience that shouldn't be in this game. Way too strong.

Jack needs a 4 hs, not 5.

Got more, but will have to get back at a ya later with that...

JinKazama
09-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the comments.

DEVIL KAZUYA WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE PLAYABLE. lol

ok now I really don't think Devil Jin is that broke still needs to be play tested to see.
His second effect would keep you from being able to out build him. Yes. Would it keep you from building. NO.
Even though he can bounce foundations he must check a 5 for the ability and hit you with the attack.
Im not saying this isn't strong by any means, Im only saying it looks better than I see it working in practice much like nightmare and night terror.

Jack does need a 4 handsize

Lee's F shouldn't become too strong
1st its 5+ meaning your pretty much checking for an attack any way
2nd its pretty much luck based and you have to commit a foundation just to do it.

Lmao Bruce Irvin's R is silly, I didn't think about it chaining off itself it should be re worded.
I dont see y it matters if his E specifies who discarded the momentum. (does this break him)

Raven generates tons of momentum for both players.

Hwoarang seems good theirs not much I actually see him doing to make me want to up the cost of his first ability.
His zone changing ability is meant to make it easier to fulfill specific zone requirements for combo.

Y should Murdoks E be 5+? It only subtracts 1 damage on average.

I think the comments Iv'e gotten on Asuka have been mixed, alot of people like her, alot think she's completely op.
Im on the fence right now, I just think characters with 18 vitality should be powerful.

RockStar
09-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Hwaorang's 1st ability still needs the all important text: "...that haven't been readied this Combat Phase."

JinKazama
09-28-2010, 05:45 PM
o I know I've revised some of the first set characters. I just cant upload them because I have a mac, and the software I use is made for windows.

Grizzlegrom
09-28-2010, 07:31 PM
the cards look pretty good nice job :)

RockStar
09-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Some comments...

Zafina...her first ability is broke, because you can use it on your own turn AND your opponent's turn. Being able to fail a foundation and then recheck and pass it at a 4...and with her being a 7 hs'er...too strong. Imo, it should read..."after your opponent fails a control check..." in this way, she plays more like Vast Resources, which is more in keeping with her having the All symbol in the first place.

Lee Chowlan...I like this character in principal. It really plays like his arcade counterpart. Again, however, his first ability is a bit too strong. It allows for you to 1) peek at your next check, and 2), if it's an attack, you play it with no CC necessary. I think the following text needs to be added: "...if the revealed card is not an attack, discard it."'

Devil Kazuya...No. Just. No. Burn this card NOW!!! Okay, glad i got that out of my system. Still, this character card should have the following text added: "This card is not tournament legal." And this text should be in large font and emboldened and underlined!!

Alisa...the card is very balanced. I like that she has abilities that allow her to play both sides of a turn.

Feng Way...I like this card, even the static text.

Sergei Draganov...very cool defensive ability.

Jack 6...Needs to be 4 hs. His first ability reminds me a bit too much of an ability on a banned attack: Concealed Swallow Swipe. Will need to be watched to see if it's too strong.

Bruce Irving...I think his first ability is neat. I don't think it needs a cost. I would simply have it read: R: <text>. His second ability is 'clunky'. I would simply say E: Discard X momentum: This attack gets +X or -X Speed.

Lei Wu Long...i don't understand this character at all, especially because these abilities don't reflect how he plays in-game. If i were to design a Lei Wu Long, i would use Tira and her Action Card shenanigans as a template. Then, i would design 5 separate action cards to represent his 5-Animals Fist kung fu. Also, CC hacks are the realm of either Chaos or Evil, so his abilities don't make sense with his Symbol Spread. This character needs to be taken...back to formula. Sorry.

Anyway, i hope this helps some. Love the artwork and design. And, i do like a lot of your ideas. Keep'em comin'!! :)

JinKazama
12-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Update