PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat

Braydox
07-28-2010, 12:22 PM
I think Mortal Kombat would make a great new franchise for UFS.

Braydox
07-28-2010, 12:23 PM
With all of the characters they have it would be awesome to see Scropion or Liu Kang in action.

RockStar
07-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Kung Lao was always my favorite!!

Bloodrunstrue
07-28-2010, 03:02 PM
URgh, no. Just NO.

NO Mortal Kombat
Bloodrunstrue

synapticexorcism
07-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Mortal Kombat would be awesome!!!

kryzenbeastfang
07-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Sub-Zero would be a stun deck, aye? :D
Personally, I'd love to see Reptile, Sub-Zero, Ermac, Raiden, etc.~

Sketch
07-28-2010, 11:41 PM
No MK, thanks. That series is godawful and hasn't been relevant since UMK3.

Bloodrunstrue
07-29-2010, 01:49 PM
No MK, thanks. That series is godawful and hasn't been relevant since UMK3.

Thankyou, you sir get cool points.

EDIT: also my 100th post apparently. :P

Baranor
08-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Sorry to disagree, but Mortal Kombat would be hilarious and awesome! An action entitled "GET OVER HERE!"? Yes, please.

The Hurricane
08-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Even if the series is godawful (which I totally agree), MK's characters are popular and very well known. Could bring in more player base? idk... and Fatality could possibly be a new keyword? That could be interseting. I wouldn't mind seeing Mortal Kombat in UFS.

JinKazama
08-03-2010, 12:08 PM
agree with hurricane bad license but would't be as bad as random anime

Braydox
08-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Well i don't see how its a godawful game. its way better than street fighter 4 which was a big dissapointment. Also Mk is one of the most popular fighting games since ever. So even if you guys think it is god aweful it actually isn't. If they used aremegeddon or deception it would bring a lot of new combo cards, a lot of characters that are very popular, and would probably jump the fanbase of UFS by a lot. I even know some people that said if they saw Mortal Kombat in UFS they would start playing the game and be buying cards like crazy.

Lono
08-04-2010, 05:58 PM
The two most popular fighting games right now is street fighter 4 and Tekken 6. Behind that are games like Guilty Gear/Blazblue, TvC, and MvC2 still. Amongst the fighting game community, Mortal Kombat is a godawful series that hasn't truly progressed since 2. It fell into using gimmicks rather than true mechanics leaving a combat system that became increasingly rigid and old as time went on and reviews and sales will show that. Even now, the newest MK in the making is starting to use mechanics established over 10 years ago(Ex moves, supers, etc). Mortal Kombat is a recognizable series due to its early success and so-bad-its-funny movies, but it is not a popular series. I mean honestly, besides core guys like Sub-Zero and Liu Kang, who knows or even cares about anyone in the huge cast the series assembled?

Ninja's rule
08-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Even if the series is godawful (which I totally agree), MK's characters are popular and very well known. Could bring in more player base? idk... and Fatality could possibly be a new keyword? That could be interseting. I wouldn't mind seeing Mortal Kombat in UFS.

I agree wholeheartedly with your statement. Everybody knows the Mortal Kombat characters and I think it would draw in a lot of people who have played these characters in the different MK video games.

Any type of promotion that would attract new players has to to be good, no???

Braydox
08-12-2010, 01:46 PM
See... Mortal Kombat would definetly bring in a bigger player base because of its popular characters. So jasco should keep it in mind just in case

HolyDragonCloud
08-12-2010, 02:20 PM
The two most popular fighting games right now is street fighter 4 and Tekken 6. Behind that are games like Guilty Gear/Blazblue, TvC, and MvC2 still. Amongst the fighting game community, Mortal Kombat is a godawful series that hasn't truly progressed since 2. It fell into using gimmicks rather than true mechanics leaving a combat system that became increasingly rigid and old as time went on and reviews and sales will show that. Even now, the newest MK in the making is starting to use mechanics established over 10 years ago(Ex moves, supers, etc). Mortal Kombat is a recognizable series due to its early success and so-bad-its-funny movies, but it is not a popular series. I mean honestly, besides core guys like Sub-Zero and Liu Kang, who knows or even cares about anyone in the huge cast the series assembled?

While I agree with you mostly, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is considered the best game and is actually given some play. So there was progression since Milenna/Jax Kombat 2.

guitalex2010
08-12-2010, 03:22 PM
NO FATALITIES. Unless they're just attacks that you can't attempt to play until the opponent is basically in Desperation. And even then that mechanic sounds pretty weak.

I love MK, but I do not want Fatalities. I think what they could do from recent MK is use Stances. As in, make them something USEFUL and RELEVANT.

I think Stance should be a keyword ability that states:

"F Destroy this card: Add one Stance card from your hand to your staging area."

Boom. You can switch stances as long as you draw them.

Fatalities? No. I don't want alternate win conditions; those always bring up issues.

JinKazama
08-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Well i don't see how its a godawful game. its way better than street fighter 4 which was a big dissapointment.

lmao wishing i could have heard this come outta someones mouth

guitalex2010
08-12-2010, 04:14 PM
While I agree with you mostly, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is considered the best game and is actually given some play. So there was progression since Milenna/Jax Kombat 2.I don't know who is the one "considering" UMK3 the best game, but for all its glitches and impossible balance issues, I MUST beg to differ.

The fatalities were crap. Mostly crap. The game also became too fast to be enjoyable, and some characters were EXTREMELY hosed in their movesets, hitboxes and priority. It is FUN, but it's not the best for sure.

I'm anxiously waiting for the new one. Seems they're going back to basics, something between MK2 and MK3 of sorts.

ATLDrew
08-12-2010, 05:12 PM
lmao wishing i could have heard this come outta someones mouth

If this were any fighting game forum, I would have thought he was trolling. But then i realized "right UFS."

Please please please no MK. The franchise is a joke and has been terrible since MK4. You will not get anybody to take us seriously as a CCG if you get this license. Period. It's had its own CCG TWICE and both have died miserable, obscure deaths. Let's save valuable resources on acquiring a relevant and popular license like KOF XIII or Blazblue or hell i dont know, STREET FIGHTER OR NAMCO!

And this is coming from an avid fan of MK. My friends make fun of me for actually enjoying the 2d MKs. There are legitimate fighting game elements like footsies, mixups, etc. in UMK3 and Trilogy and, despite being broken as hell, is pretty fun and an overall deep and challenging fighting game. The 2d games are just deliciously broken and EVERYTHING is balanced because EVERYTHING is broken.

But yeah every 3d game has been complete crap. Plain and simple.

JinKazama
08-12-2010, 09:38 PM
bloody roars a pretty bad fighting game but would make a better and probly cheaper license, and possibly add a new mechanic.
n if we ever get a deal wit capcom rival schools ftw

Nekuro
08-13-2010, 04:48 AM
n if we ever get a deal wit capcom rival schools ftw

Seconded, the game's just got a dang third-or-further-degree kind of story but is hellish fun :)

Braydox
08-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Ok honestly i just want scorpion... Thats it so i can make an awesome deck based around him.

DaCaylen
08-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Now that Warner Brothers has bought Midway and they are totally revamping Mortal Kombat back into the awesome type game style that was MKII there is definitely potential there for this license to be worth it's while. Of course with any fighting game license, the key to good marketing would be to time the release of the UFS set with the street date of the video game. The biggest hindrance to acquiring any major game license is the prohibitive cost of the license and then the time and coordination it takes to work with the company to make sure it is right. This of course is all contingent upon the right price, the right time, and what the license can add to the UFS Universe of cards already in play. We are always wanting to bring in new blood into the player pool but never at the expense of losing others by alienating them or bringing out products that can make UFS unfair or unenjoyable for others to play.

Braydox
09-16-2010, 07:47 PM
See so it is a good idea as long as fatalities are not a new keyword or something like that.

Birch
09-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Ill quit playing UFS if Jasco wastes money on MK

Yoko Charming Fox
09-16-2010, 10:22 PM
This has nothing to do with the topic, but Birch everytime I see you name in the forum select, as the person who made the last post, I think that you name says bi7ch at first glance, so when I saw this topic it looked like Motal Kombat Bi7ch. Birch, I love your name, never change it.

Patorobok
09-21-2010, 02:04 PM
this game would cause a revolution in UFS
we still hope the fans...

caboosium
10-23-2010, 05:54 PM

I think the keyword would be more like "Finisher" or something like that, so super ridiculous attacks from other series could be included.