PDA

View Full Version : Things are getting better! I can play again.....Um what happened?

Psyscape
07-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Hello people,

Some might know me others might not but I am almost in a nice position to start playing and collecting again YAY

But what I am wondering is what have I missed? I mean I see the new place *pokes boards* but uh yeah whats going on.

EDIT
Wow I got way ahead of myself LOL well my names Justin I was a former scout in my local area played from the beginning. I have a odd collecting habit of only collecting one character from each of the sets and filling my collection with cards for other characters I play, Last deck I played was YiShan and earth is my personal symbol.

Only personal friends from my area that might still play are Havoc (Ryan Riley) and VagabondAeon though I have chatted with a bunch before the only quest is am I remembered ahhaa.

But like I said in the orginal post whats going on and what happened with FFG?

Bloodrunstrue
07-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Hello people,

Some might know me others might not but I am almost in a nice position to start playing and collecting again YAY

But what I am wondering is what have I missed? I mean I see the new place *pokes boards* but uh yeah whats going on.

Basically FFG dropped UFS after it was 'apparently' not meeting their business targets, despite the fact that they themselves proved to be the major factor in the decline of the game.

However, Jasco Games came to the rescure and bought UFS from them! (And we love them for it.)

The game stopped printing october last year with Set 14:Quest of souls but Jasco are releasing another new set this october which hopes to alleviate the problems in the standard card game.
Standard UFS now consists of 5 point shuriken only cards since FFG decided to be stupid and use the 'nuclear option' by rotating the card pool from 4 point shuriken to 5 point shuriken early :/

So in short:
Jasco owns the game now, standard is much different and new stuff is being printed.

See you in the arena
Bloodrunstrue

Psyscape
07-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Oh yikes well I am glad Jasco picked it up I mean I stopped playing in events and local stuff because of work issues but I kept my collection though I doubt I have many if any 5 points.

I think I will see about picking up some of the new stuff in October and give the game a whirl again.

Thanks for the overview I greatly appreciate that.

Bloodrunstrue
07-28-2010, 02:24 PM
No worries fella, anytime.

If your in need of Standar stuff Jasco games are doing a great offer of 2 for 3, basically buy 2 boxes of Tekken 6, Tower of souls, Quest of souls or Shadowar and you get a free box of set 15 when it's released :) How sweet is that?! :)
There's also the trade forums since I think guys on their are looking for older stuff

PM me if you have any queries
Thanks
Bloodrunstrue