PDA

View Full Version : So, What's Changed?

Kor'rin
10-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Okay, so it's been a while - what has Red Horizon (and any related promos) done to change the game since FFG let it go?

Kev

madeofwin
10-14-2011, 04:11 AM
in general, the game is more aggro based than control based but there are now more viable strategies than before red horizon. the quality of character design and diversity is much better than it was under FFG, no characters with generic damage/speed pumps and nothing else, they all feel different to play and none of them are especially overpowered. still a few problem cards in the format but overall its a much more balanced game than it has been for quite some time. control is still possible but more soft lock and defensive than locking players out of the game before 1 hit killing them. having seen whats coming next i can definitely say the future is looking bright for UFS

Kor'rin
10-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Excellent - so basically I'm looking at starting fresh - I still have my decks, but otherwise I have no cards left (donated them all away)

Can I get away with just buying RH, or do I need to go back and relook at Tekken/SW etc?

Any promos I should be looking for?

Doji_Mike
10-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Decks made purely from Red Horizon have the ability to be competitive on their own so you can just buy from that set, so it is up to you if you want to look back at the past sets aswell. :)

As for promos the attacks of power are a good start along with Law of the Land and Damnation, oh and the reprinted Standoff.