PDA

View Full Version : Yun-seong

Da_ghetto_gamer
06-15-2010, 04:47 PM
My standard deck that was posted over on the old forums i figured i might as well post it again as im probably playing this deck at worlds this year probably not the same deck since proxys are legal and all but something very similar anyone got any ideas on how to make it any better?

Starting Character 1x *Yun-seong*

Attacks x20

4x Seal 4/3 +1M
4x Mark of the beast 5/3 +2M
4x Assassins Secret 4/3 +2H
4x Swing Kick 2/3 +0L
2x Menuett Dance 6/2
2x Execution Technique First Rite 4/3 +2L

Foundations x35

4x Communing with the ancients 3/5
4x Quest of Souls 3/5
4x Perfect Sense of Balance 2/5
4x Mishima Zaibatsu Leader 2/5 +2H
4x From the Hawk, Alertness 1/5 +3M
4x From the Mouse, Humility 2/5 +3L
4x Carefree 1/5 +1M
3x Keeper of the Watchers 2/5
3x Driven By Fear 2/5 +3M

Assets x5

3x Hall of the warrior god 2/5 +2M
2x Eiserne Drossel 2/5 +2M

Total: 60 + Character

SMazzurco
06-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Quick Exit

Da_ghetto_gamer
06-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Do you really think i need more readying? i decided not to add then because yun-seong readies alot of my foundations for me....

SMazzurco
06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
K that is what i get for posting early in the morning. I forgot he readies...actually i was mixing him up with kiliks draw ability...

I am not a fan of from the hawk but if u like it...

I have really been liking Acrobatic in air decks lately but doesn't really seem to fit here...

Was there any cards that you cut that you wanted to run? Nursing a grudge or Forgotten Technique maybe?

Da_ghetto_gamer
06-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Im not a huge fan of from the hawk either but its spammable gives me somthing to ready and has an ok block replacing it with quick exit might not be a terrible idea

and i cant remember exactly what i cut im thinking about gettin rid of the quest altogether its does decent damage but reqiures alot of set up

RockStar
06-22-2010, 12:42 AM
If you're not married to the idea of running YS off Air, then i would suggest taking a gander at All, and seeing all the shennanigans to be had by readying copies of Financial Troubles, Rivalry with a Bear, Bloodline Rebellion, etc... Lots of fun to be had with the solid-red-circle-of-love! :P

Da_ghetto_gamer
06-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I thought about that but i was at loss with that to run as my kill....any suggestions? running dual symbols doesnt work either i think there are 2 cards in standard that have both symbols

SMazzurco
06-22-2010, 03:20 PM
For kill cards you can use mitsu's attacks, algol's 4diff 6dmg throw isn't too bad.

I actually ran a (joke?) deck a few weeks back for our "old dogs new tricks" (legacy character with a 5point deck) and my kill condition was step stone divide.

Ill try to find my decklist after work and see what other attacks i was running...i think a few pommels...cant remember what else.

RockStar
06-22-2010, 04:39 PM
My All YS attack set up looks like this:

4x Alphard Malik (sp, it's Algol's 4-diff Throw)
4x Over the Shoulder
4x Lunging Brush Fire

+1 other attack of your preference. Although, i think if you were really wanting to be more competitive, i would play Hammer of the Gods and Turn Thruster to be more aggressive on turns you need to be.

I also run Algol's C Action card that nets you a momentum "if this attack deals damage".

It's a fun set-up that i use against newer players just getting into the game, as gaining momentum and readying foundations is fun, and presents an interesting challenge for them, while still being (intentionally) beatable.

I guess the real question you have to ask yourself with this deck, as you do with any deck, is how competitive do you want to make it? :D

Da_ghetto_gamer
06-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Sounds interesting i might try it out and see how i like it over my wind build

I am looking for a deck to play at worlds if i decide to go this year if i can make it good enough id like to play yun-seoung but i dont think hes quite that playable i dont know well see...thats what the playtesting is for

RockStar
06-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Hmmm YS at Worlds could be fun, and surprising. He would definitely be a Dark Horse deck, since he's not considered a Powerhouse at the moment.

If you're playtesting for Worlds, then YS could really be stupid with a combination of Paul's and Mitsu's cards. I'd try mixing and matching and seeing how that would fare you.

If building on Air, i would look for a way to get Dragon's Flame in there pronto. That card is way too good as a kill condition not to be included in an Air build. I also agree with Smazzurco about having a way to recur cards from your Discard pile to your hand: Nursing a Grudge is a beautiful way to accomplish this.

Da_ghetto_gamer
06-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Hes really good around my meta where people have been playing hata, astrid, jin etc... so i think i could fair pretty well in a major tourney scene

I like nursing a grudge im going to have to try that in my build i have now before i switch over to all and see which i like better....menuett is just too amazing to let go of though...and i could possibly squeeze in a couple of Dragons Flames as well they were originally in the deck until i realized menuett dance was more of a solid kill for the deck.