PDA

View Full Version : Do Most People Even Know?

KodiakZero
07-29-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm just kinda surprised how few people know about the rights to UFS being bought again. There have been a max of only 17 people on the forums at one time. I wish there was a way to spread the word that we could do; i'd love to see more people playing this game and active on these forums. In my opinion, this is one of the best card games out there and i wish more people knew about it, especially people that used to play before FFG dropped their CCG department.

ATLDrew
07-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Sounds like someone needs to be a scout!

After GenCon i think everything is really going to start ramping up as far as people playing the game goes. Ive been getting all my old players back but havent really hit the streets and started promoting the game. Ive been in the lab trying to figure out how2standard for worlds.

SirShajir
07-29-2010, 09:12 AM
My whole playgroup minus one player (due to work) is back.

Bloodrunstrue
07-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I wish bringing in newer players wasn't so difficult but the game has already failed twice, which isn't an incentive for them to play.
Also even if returning players DID know that the game was back up and running, why would they want to play it again given it's track record? :/

Sorry to be the pessimist here guys but that's just why I think our population is still so tiny :/
Sorry
Bloodrunstrue

HypeMan!
07-29-2010, 01:05 PM
I honestly won't lie, I have been holding my breath to a certain degree, and am pretty out of money to get any current sets and get in on the bonus deal :( but I'd love to see UFS succeed whether I'm with it or not. That said, the announcement of a complete transfer didn't really come until I was out of school, so I can't get the game club into it until school starts again. That said, I'm going to GenCon, and whether or not I get compensation, I will be demoing hard on JG's behalf were ever they want me. I might not be ready for intense singles competition, but I'll try and sell the game to anyone who'll sit down and play a hand with me.

Bloodrunstrue
07-29-2010, 01:08 PM
That said, I'm going to GenCon, and whether or not I get compensation, I will be demoing hard on JG's behalf were ever they want me. I might not be ready for intense singles competition, but I'll try and sell the game to anyone who'll sit down and play a hand with me.

THIS ^

More people should be like this guy :)
Thankyou
Bloodrunstrue

HypeMan!
07-29-2010, 01:15 PM
PS: We need UFS shirts to wear and pimp our love. If JG already has them, I wear a XXL, I'm a big 'un.

Bloodrunstrue
07-29-2010, 01:21 PM
PS: We need UFS shirts to wear and pimp our love. If JG already has them, I wear a XXL, I'm a big 'un.

I Second this notion, we need UFS shirts! :D

Cheers
Bloodrunstrue

TripsEX
07-29-2010, 02:03 PM
I third this notation. I'll even buy it. Large for me.

SirShajir
07-29-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm the jerk who will go to a demo of a game that I already play.
My players agree taht I am a horrible person and a horrible scout when I demoed the game to a freind using the Gill arrow deck vs the Evil/Fury Akuma deck... My excuse of that I didn't have any other decks around and apparently that didn't cut it with my playgroup...

Bloodrunstrue
07-30-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm the jerk who will go to a demo of a game that I already play.
My players agree taht I am a horrible person and a horrible scout when I demoed the game to a freind using the Gill arrow deck vs the Evil/Fury Akuma deck... My excuse of that I didn't have any other decks around and apparently that didn't cut it with my playgroup...

If a played a demo using those decks I honestly would NOT want to play the game :/

HypeMan!
07-31-2010, 07:45 PM
And that's why no one in Canadia plays UFS anymore....

Link
07-31-2010, 07:53 PM
lol no no thats why we dont let Shajir demo anymore. When he played against a friend of ours on the first day of him trying the game, he seemed very very overjoyed that he won with his new deck. It wasnt a big deal cuz the guy knows Shajir very well but it was funny as hell.

aslum
07-31-2010, 09:25 PM
When you are demoing, you should always play to lose. At least, as much as possible without giving away that you are playing to lose. If you can make it close, so much the better, but not really a requirement. If they like the game they'll be more likely to get into it. If they win it will color their perception of the game in a positive manner (unless it's really obvious you played to lose). If they play again you win (more opponents is a good thing, easier to trade, bigger meme pool, more robust meta locally means you'll dominate more super-local, etc...)

If they do discover you are playing to lose and seem less then pleased about this, make sure to explain that you love the game so much you don't mind losing a bit to show someone else how cool the game is... that just might be enough spin to get you off the hook if they are the sort of person who doesn't like to "fight" someone who isn't giving it their all.

HypeMan!
07-31-2010, 10:13 PM
During a demo, no one really cares if you let them win. Sometimes it's just a hand or two so they can get a mind of how things work, the eb and flow and back and forth of the game.

Damn I gotta get decks ready for this thing D: where the hell are my old boxes.