PDA

View Full Version : I want to see some tourney reports from gencon!

Bloodrunstrue
08-04-2010, 02:05 PM
:mad:

But yeah, on top of the usual epic shenanigans it'd be nice to read some new torunament reports :)

Sadly i'm not going to Gencon though :(

Hope you all have a great time
Cheers
Bloodrunstrue

Da_ghetto_gamer
08-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Wasnt worlds supposed to happen today? Maybe well get one before the end of the night....id love to see what wins worlds now with hata gone and astrid nerfed and king nerfed from Path being gone...id love to think it was wide open but who really knows at this point.

SMazzurco
08-05-2010, 03:13 PM
hilde is my best guess lol

Baranor
08-05-2010, 03:47 PM
I think King can still rake. I probably would have put Void King through the grinder at Worlds.

I second the request for reports!

RockStar
08-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Third'd for reports!!

And, if Hilde doesn't take it all, then my guess would be for Chaos Jin! Sadly, i couldn't afford the plan ticket there to Rep my version of Chaos Jin!

Props to Tadar Salad and Vapor Gecko for reppin' the West Coast!!

ShadowDragon
08-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Pretty sure people are headed out to the bars tonight. I only got ~2-3h of sleep so I opted not to join them tonight, but as of 8:40pm (EST) the finals for extended was still going on (Garret vs Bitner I believe, I could be wrong, I didn't get a glimpse of who they were running). Legacy ran long, and so the t8 for that is going to be Saturday.

Tader_Salad
08-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Sadly I was not able to go. Not one person/group would talk to me about sharing a room. I finally got an email 1-2 weeks before worlds but it was too late. On a lighter note earth King is a contender. It never needed path, only thing it lost was stand off and that can be changed. The only thing I personally miss off of void is the 2 control 6 damage throw, its hawt.

ShadowDragon
08-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Just heard, Garret won Extended with Gill and Bitner got second with Victor.

JinKazama
08-05-2010, 10:38 PM
no one else thinks heihachi is gonna win

SMazzurco
08-05-2010, 11:05 PM
no one else thinks heihachi is gonna win

nope.

a bad draw can REALLY hurt him. But he does have some favorable matchups...top 8, yes. win, no.

Da_ghetto_gamer
08-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Just heard, Garret won Extended with Gill and Bitner got second with Victor.

With gill!! Really that some interesting stuff...you know anything about what he was running?

SMazzurco
08-07-2010, 01:57 PM
With gill!! Really that some interesting stuff...you know anything about what he was running?

My guess is order?

Maybe he had DFMB (that has good, right?) and some tricks revoling around that...my guess is order or DFMB

Yoko Charming Fox
08-07-2010, 06:24 PM
I hate that I have to be the person to ask this, but what is DFMB. I'm racking my brain, but I can't come up with anything.

Edit: I figered it out, but for anyone else who does not know its Dark Force: Mirage Body.

ShadowDragon
08-07-2010, 07:28 PM
I do not know the build, but I'm sure once people start getting back home in the next couple of days they'll be able to post more info. I'd post info if I knew it but I've been in the dealer's hall running demos the majority of the weekend (and it's been rediculously busy, so many people are wanting to try it out, the entire convention sold out of Street Fighter sets/decks/packs in a single day!).

SMazzurco
08-07-2010, 11:01 PM
hilde is my best guess lol

*cough cough*

Yoko Charming Fox
08-07-2010, 11:03 PM
And he's modest too.

Great prediction SMazzurco.

Starfleetjedi
08-07-2010, 11:10 PM
From what I just heard from friends there, Andrew Olexa won what i'm assuming is type 2 with Hilde. Trying to find out more from them now.

bloodocean
08-07-2010, 11:42 PM
This is exactly what I wanted to hear!

SirShajir
08-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Standard: Olexa won with Good Hilde. He walled up and only used 3 attacks to kill someone, ussually attacking people for upwards of 40 damage and 60 speed with paid to protect blanked out. Yes, a 3 attack deck won standard this year, very strong and went undefeated in swiss, losing only 2 games total.

Extended:Garret won with good gill with that attack that lets people play foundations into thier staging area- he won game 3 with collecting data to make sure that victor could not combo out and kill him. Demon blade: mirage force i think it's called

Legacy:Drew won with Legacy akuma using void. Ussual shanigans with emptiness, you will not escape + hacking attacks and other various void goodies. 3 cards need to go from legacy, You will not escape, Emptiness, Blood Runs True were the main cards in the top 4 worth mentioning. that 1/4 that gains life = to your opponents highest dif card in their discard also needs to go. The combo of you will not escape + hack (in void/order decks) is way too strong as you have to replay another attack. Legacy top 4 were Yun Seong (order), Xianghua (life), Akuma Void and Evil Ibuki. Other combos that were used were overwhelming strenght + abelia's freindship to remove momentum.

dutpotd
08-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Standard: Yes, a 3 attack deck won standard this year, very strong and went undefeated in swiss, losing only 2 games total.

Extended:Garret won with good gill with that attack that lets people play foundations into thier staging area- he won game 3 with collecting data to make sure that victor could not combo out and kill him. Demon blade: mirage force i think it's called

Olexa needed to side to 5 attacks to beat me ^^, and yeah collecting DATA is the answer to low attack decks, it has won me games in semi's and finals in back to back worlds now. BUILD answers for low attack decks people - - - Power of the Edge please? (Jeremy Ray knows what he's doing).

- dut

RockStar
08-09-2010, 08:45 AM

And, if Hilde doesn't take it all, then my guess would be for Chaos Jin! Sadly, i couldn't afford the plan ticket there to Rep my version of Chaos Jin!

Looks like my prediction/s were pretty much on the $$ :)

In hindsight...it looks like Jeremy Ray has THE Jin tech. I'm very anxious to see what it looks like!

Bloodrunstrue
08-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I want some tournament reports......

*Sadface*

dutpotd
08-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I want some tournament reports......

*Sadface*

I'm writing mine now while at work, give me a bit lol.

- dut

HolyDragonCloud
08-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Wut this game is back? =P

(I knew it was on its way back).

Just made an account to keep in touch with you guys. Congrats to the winners this year.

ShadowDragon
08-09-2010, 12:56 PM
HDC!! Nice to see you on the boards, you should start playing again~~ You know you want to~~

HolyDragonCloud
08-09-2010, 12:57 PM
HDC!! Nice to see you on the boards, you should start playing again~~ You know you want to~~

Dani, my dear, nice to see you too!

And no, I don't want to. I've thrown my lot in with the children and gone back to Yugioh. If UFS somehow gets immensely popular again and doesn't bore me anymore, I will consider it. I've got Omar on facebook so I can always get in touch with him if I want to try it out.

SirShajir
08-09-2010, 01:03 PM
HDC, we both know you want to have my child, so why don't you stop bsing us and start playing UFS again. If there is something like a NYC PTQ I expect to see you there.

HolyDragonCloud
08-09-2010, 01:07 PM
HDC, we both know you want to have my child, so why don't you stop bsing us and start playing UFS again. If there is something like a NYC PTQ I expect to see you there.

Our child will never be accepted. Half Canadian and Half American? Unheard of. 'Cept for this sophomore girl I know.

I would come to something like that if I had time even if I weren't playing just to see everyone.

DabalRowRaizah
08-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Our child will never be accepted. Half Canadian and Half American? Unheard of. 'Cept for this sophomore girl I know.

I would come to something like that if I had time even if I weren't playing just to see everyone.

it would be like Blade. all their strengths none of their weaknesses

also

glad to see you semi back HDC

HolyDragonCloud
08-09-2010, 05:54 PM
it would be like Blade. all their strengths none of their weaknesses

also

glad to see you semi back HDC

I'm sorry that I don't recognize the username, sir/madam, but thanks!

Cain Valentine
08-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Well my tournament report is up for King. its in the tournament reports.. Not sure how great it is but your always welcome to check it out.

DabalRowRaizah
08-09-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm sorry that I don't recognize the username, sir/madam, but thanks!

oh yeah i changed my forum name

its Danny Fung, your awesome Canadian team leader.

HolyDragonCloud
08-09-2010, 08:29 PM
oh yeah i changed my forum name

its Danny Fung, your awesome Canadian team leader.

OMG DANNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Hai.

K I'll stop derailing this thread now. :D