PDA

View Full Version : Nats this weekend... What's Winning?

ATLPiglet
01-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Hey all you folks out there, Your boy piglet is back with some sweet UFS discussion! After a hiatus Atlanta is now getting back into the UFS scene. With Nats around the corner and also Tides its time to gear up! I unfortunately will not be attending Nats this year :[ but I am defiantly rooting for a couple of guys and interested in the competition. So, If you are going are you going to win what deck will you play to win or if you are not going what do you think will win.
So... What do I think will win? King. King is a very strong character able to throw down a lot of damage for a low cost. I also have my faith in a particular King player ;] maybe you guys know him.
So what are y'all s opinion maybe I am an idiot please tell me if I am haha. Just wanting to bring back a little UFS discussion in a time needed thanks in advance guys.
And Remember... Blocking is for Bitches
-Piglet

Skys2high
01-23-2012, 07:29 AM
King will win nationals this year. My boy is winning it with King.

Rider kick
01-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Hard liquor and beer.

Grizzlegrom
01-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Whatever Garett b. is playing. =P

ATLPiglet
01-23-2012, 08:19 AM
I mean everyone is a winner when it comes to getting liquoered up, also yeah Kirk Garret will be a tough contender def have a top 8 I think

dutpotd
01-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence lol, and King is a very good choice for this. Then again... Only time will tell.

Birch
01-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the confidence guys ;). You guys know who I think is winning already

Skull_Knight
01-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Birch you better win. I need your character card so I can diversify you in every tournament you go to lol.

Shinji Mimura
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
For the sake of discourse, King will not win.

For the sake of trolling, King has not been good since Path of the Master.

(also I'd love to see a King take it, but I think he will be much better with ToV in his arsenal)

ATLPiglet
01-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Well Shinji while you are trolling would you at least give us your prediction I mean Astroth seems pretty strong right?

RockStar
01-23-2012, 03:24 PM
I, too, think King is a strong candidate for being a character with the tools to take home the gold. However, the reality is that this tournament will come down to who plays better and makes the smarter decisions (and gets a little lucky).

I also think Evil Eva will be played in force, as will Mitsurugi...and both, too, have an equal shot of being characters that get piloted to the championships.

Birch
01-23-2012, 10:35 PM
No one plays king. You guys are just over hyping him because some scrub from Michigan got lucky and piloted him to top cuts. Gosh when will you guys realize that the character you need to look out for this year is clearly Christie.

That or No Mercy Paul Bittner. If I were you all I'd look out for michigan's secret tech.

ATLPiglet
01-23-2012, 11:17 PM
HAHA the detroit atlanta man child know as no mercy bittner

ScottGaines
01-24-2012, 01:25 AM
I think jon herr will win this! :) Either him or morathi.

ATLPiglet
01-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Scotty G with the morathi pick that guy is very cheap and Jon Herr seems to be the 2nd best deck in the world. hmmm...

Skull_Knight
01-24-2012, 07:44 AM
No one plays king. You guys are just over hyping him because some scrub from Michigan got lucky and piloted him to top cuts.

Birch my son you do not know the definition of luck. I wish my matches were recorded and then i would show you the true definition lol.

syclic
01-24-2012, 11:55 AM
I vote for an Amy deck, assuming righteousness is legal.

I'd be alright with any deck using an AOP though.

BlackFireDragon
01-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Curse of Corruption Lizardman!

but yeah, really I'd say Eva or Jon Herr, though I think anyone playing a printed 7 HS character that isnt playing Kirk Polka or Amy should automatically have their total score divided in half... just for being boring

who would I really like to see win it?... Lizardman, Ivy or Astrid

TripsEX
01-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Whoever has the best deck and best match ups.

darthnoir
01-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Charlie Sheen!...oh wait...it's 2012...

Hatman
01-24-2012, 03:21 PM
No one plays king.
Big lack of throws helps.

Grizzlegrom
01-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Also throwing out there that I hope the Hurricane shows up with some crazy ass deck like he did last year like the MUJ!!! and has everyone talking about it :)

ATLPiglet
01-24-2012, 06:51 PM
AJ never dissapoints

ATLDrew
01-24-2012, 09:21 PM
No one plays king. You guys are just over hyping him because some scrub from Michigan got lucky and piloted him to top cuts. Gosh when will you guys realize that the character you need to look out for this year is clearly Christie.

That or No Mercy Paul Bittner. If I were you all I'd look out for michigan's secret tech.

I'm going to kill you IRL Birch. Your troll attempts cause my loins to boil.

Birch
01-24-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm going to kill you IRL Birch. Your troll attempts cause my loins to boil.

Then i am for sure doing my job if I'm getting those loins boiling ;)

RockStar
01-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Also throwing out there that I hope the Hurricane shows up with some crazy ass deck like he did last year like the MUJ!!! and has everyone talking about it :)

Oh, i'm sure he's got a lil' sumthin' sumthin' special planned for Nats. :)

Shinji Mimura
01-25-2012, 12:51 AM
Well Shinji while you are trolling would you at least give us your prediction I mean Astroth seems pretty strong right?

Son don't even get me started on how hidden top tier 'roth is. His synergy with No Longer Controllable? Immaculate.

Eva has proven her weight in absolute gold, so I'm definitely thinking she's going nowhere. I will always support Miska and Mitsu, but this game's history just has not been kind to 6-handers that aren't banned, for the most part.

ATLDrew
01-25-2012, 04:56 AM
I think that a solid Eva player or lucky Cassandra player will probably take it but the competition is going to be really high. I am personally pulling for my BFF's from team Michigan (since ATL can't go). <3 you guys.

Oh and I hope Garrett 0-5's. Not because I hate him but because I hate being his personal UFS punching bag lol.

madeofwin
01-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Me! Oh wait, crap wrong country :D

Good luck to you all from your friends across the pond

Target X
01-25-2012, 08:29 AM
My money's on Eva or Miska. Then again, maybe we'll have a surprise. Like a Mei Lien or something,

dutpotd
01-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Oh and I hope Garrett 0-5's. Not because I hate him but because I hate being his personal UFS punching bag lol.

Thanks buddy, just for this I'm building a deck that specifically hates on everyone you want to go the opposite, 5-0.

makingsenseofus
01-25-2012, 11:46 AM
King, eva, mitsu, john herr, life kicks (mike lowe or xianghua). Best decks in the format. Johnny just got a lot better with garret's action though. Expect all of these decks in top 8. Honestly, any of these could win, just depends on who plays who in top 8. My moneys on king though. I only beat birch on his misplay, and king is some of the best anti 7 hs tech in the format.

I'm going to go ahead and call that top 8 will be the 5 decks I mentioned plus righteousness amy, fire stun (morathi or cassandra) and one dark horse deck, either whatever aj is playing or piglett's algol deck if he chooses to share it (if truong is legal for nats, he takes this spot)

Hatman
01-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Son don't even get me started on how hidden top tier 'roth is. His synergy with No Longer Controllable? Immaculate.
If he could have shown up one of our dudes would have legit played Astaroth.

dutpotd
01-25-2012, 04:30 PM
King, eva, mitsu, john herr, life kicks (mike lowe or xianghua). Best decks in the format. Johnny just got a lot better with garret's action though. Expect all of these decks in top 8. Honestly, any of these could win, just depends on who plays who in top 8. My moneys on king though. I only beat birch on his misplay, and king is some of the best anti 7 hs tech in the format.

I'm going to go ahead and call that top 8 will be the 5 decks I mentioned plus righteousness amy, fire stun (morathi or cassandra) and one dark horse deck, either whatever aj is playing or piglett's algol deck if he chooses to share it (if truong is legal for nats, he takes this spot)

I think your analysis is pretty spot on, however I'm interested to see how my action will impact some of the top runners. As much as it helps almost all of them, it will also hurt (it's response) every one of them but King, since they all benefit from multiple use of 1 ability.

makingsenseofus
01-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Your action definatly changes the meta a bit. I'm interested to see how its going to shake things up from the worlds meta.

Grizzlegrom
01-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Garett you better be rocking your action and win a championship with it :P

dutpotd
01-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Garett you better be rocking your action and win a championship with it :P

Hah! It goes without saying all the decks I have built for this weekend include 4X When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain...

Winning, on the other hand, might not come as easily.

ATLPiglet
01-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Twilight Saga 2 She'll be Comin' round the Mountain?
That what card you guys talking about

Target X
01-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Bwaaaaahstaroth is the killer of 7hs

Vexion
01-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Then again, maybe we'll have a surprise. Like a Mei Lien or something,

Ya'll best be happy I was unable to make it to nats, or this would be truth.

That said, I suspect an underdog character will sweep for nat champ.

Dillon
01-28-2012, 12:52 PM
xianghua

Magnusotls
01-30-2012, 02:08 AM
^ ahhwhwwh dude broskelion sorry to let you down, I had built the deck thinking that ninja cannon fury was a weapon the whole time. It's cool I won 9 boxes.