PDA

View Full Version : Top 8 Standard: Death Kisheri

Sketch
08-09-2010, 03:13 AM
Hey guys, figured I'd chuck this girl up on the boards for your consumption. Top 8 finish, only Kisheri at the tournament. I finished 6th or 7th, don't remember which, not quite sure how it was calculated but lost to Jeremy Ray and his Chaos Jin in round 1 who eventually finished second. Either way, here you go.

Kisheri

Attacks
4 Two Deadly Rings Technique
3 Bad Stomach
4 Deathcopter Attack
4 Knight Breaker

Actions
4 Cold and Indifferent

Assets
3 Scroll of the Abyss

Foundations
3 Ka Technique
3 Perfect Sense of Balance
3 Maniacal Laughter
4 Intimidating Presence
4 All Life is Prey
4 Keeper of the Watchers
4 Flexible Body
4 Brooding
4 Treacherous Offspring
4 Cursed Blood

Sideboard
3 Undisputed Ruler
3 The Devil Within
1 Ka Technique
1 Perfect Sense of Balance

Only thing I would do different is bring Undisputed Ruler in to the maindeck in place of Ka Technique and add Power of the Edge to the sideboard.

This deck beats people up. You kill by gutting a hand and wrecking staging areas with a combination of Maniacal Laughter and Intimidating Presence, then throwing huge attacks thanks to All Life is Prey. The KB combo is nice, but it's not necessary at all to win - I've pushed through 18+ damage Deadly Rings in this deck, it just works. You have some fantastic defensive tools to keep you alive in Flexible Body and Cold and Indifferent, which is probably the best card in the deck. It's one of those cards where knowledge of the metagame and likely attack strings will lead you to a very depressed opponent and a very easily disrupted Combo. Lead with Wheel Kick/Neutron Bomb/The Boot? Call Dragon Lifter, anyone? Fire lead off with Mark of the Beast? Dragon's Flame. Etcetera Etcetera. The quicker you can pick up likely attack chains, the better off this card is. Used to its full potential, it's completely sick. (and nets you a Kisheri activation! Bonus.)

Your attacks have great blocks, too. +0H, +1M, +2M/ranged and +3M/ranged with Breaker: 2 are all relevant. Talk to Omar about Ranged Breaker: 2 vs. a de-multipled Fury of the Ancients, see how it goes. ATL son!

Anti-Discard, usually in the form of Soul Wave or Gut Drill, doesn't hurt this deck very much. You get +5 speed off of either one on a Kisheri activation if your opponent holds them all game, and can turn around and outbuild them as they're forced to hold on to the anti-discard tech whereas you just don't worry about it at all and play around it.

Anyway, this deck beats fire up all day, along with any deck that plans on winning by throwing one big attack (Flex, Scroll, CaI naming Dual Wielding, etc) or decks that play two or three a turn (CaI combos, flex, -great- blocks on your attacks, etc.) It has a hard time with decks that can draw a zillion cards and play 6-7 attacks per turn - looking at you Mr. Ray - and also with King, as she's 18 life and throws hurt. Decks with Multiple are a bit of an issue too, hence the sideboard. Again, Undisputed Ruler should have been maindecked, otherwise I wouldn't change a thing.

Let me know what you think!

Cain Valentine
08-09-2010, 03:17 AM
You wanna know what I think. I think this deck was pure genius. I believe you had one of the most unique decks at Gencon this year that was playable. I personally loved it. Im building it now as I type this.. You dont mind do you?

Cain <3 death Keishri.

brislove
08-09-2010, 07:14 AM
I like this list a lot. I had one similar built a while ago but had a difficult time actually killing people. granted....I didn't have KB so I was just running launchers, the block is a massive difference, and something I completely overlooked ^_^ great deck :)

on piece of tech I literally never thought of was cold and indifferent, awesome list :)

ATLDrew
08-09-2010, 07:18 AM
I like this list a lot. I had one similar built a while ago but had a difficult time actually killing people. granted....I didn't have KB so I was just running launchers, the block is a massive difference, and something I completely overlooked ^_^ great deck :)

on piece of tech I literally never thought of was cold and indifferent, awesome list :)

Cold and Indifferent is the best card in the deck hands down (mebe next to Deathcopter). Single handedly makes Fire a 6-4 matchup at best. Try it you'll love it!

Congrats on the performance Dave. You'll have your stupid face on cardboard soon.

brislove
08-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Cold and Indifferent is the best card in the deck hands down (mebe next to Deathcopter). Single handedly makes Fire a 6-4 matchup at best. Try it you'll love it!

Congrats on the performance Dave. You'll have your stupid face on cardboard soon.

oh it's amazing. I had to look it up, I remember putting it off to the side when tekken came out, and I never really thought about it in general after that. I still think I would run some different choices, but those are playstyle choices more than anything else. I'd probably get valued but not trusted in the board for hilde, not that you are weak to it, but just as another answer, since they are so able to push through most answers.

RockStar
08-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Really nice lookin' deck, man! Congrats on showing so well at Worlds!!

dutpotd
08-09-2010, 10:10 AM
This is a beautiful deck, I love Cold and Indifferent - you are a man after my own heart ^^ grats on your sucess, you definately derserved it.

- dut

makingsenseofus
08-09-2010, 11:37 AM
This is hands down the hardest 18 vitality you will ever have to chew through (well, maybe not now that we know what Good does).
Congrats man, this deck is straight beastly and you should be proud of what you did with it.

Grizzlegrom
08-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Good job this year x2 top 8 is an amazing feat

SirShajir
08-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Man, Mike and I got bodied by this deck so badly.
Good stuff

Sketch
08-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, guys! This deck is not easy to play by any means but I'm proud of it. Kisheri is my baby.

And yeah, legacy T8 (aka screw battle prowess) into standard T8 20 minutes later sucks, haha. Stressful but a blast.

Cain Valentine
08-09-2010, 02:26 PM
yeah even I have to agree that jumping from one right into the other was bs, It never should have been that way. Hopefully next year they will coordinate there events a little better. Like:
Day 1, Legacy, Then after legacy EXT or Teams.
Day 2, Standard.
Day 3, Legacy Top 8 and then EXT or Teams top 8
Day 4, Standard Top 8.

I would have been so easy to do it that way even this year.

But your a great player! I hope a got our games about right in my report. I guess check it out if something is wrong let me know.

~Cain

DabalRowRaizah
08-09-2010, 07:12 PM
MY GUT DRILLS, THEY DO NOTHING!!!!!!!

seriously though you(you yourself not the character)+cold and in different=op

Sketch
08-09-2010, 07:33 PM
My yomi is strong, son!

Ask John Cain (or Link, or Shajir) about my psychic powers. :D

SirShajir
08-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Psychic powers my ass, I know you made a pact with the devil in order to guess that what I had.
U don't even know the amount of frustration I had when I faced your deck and I just thought I was going to run it over like a proper fire deck.

Link
08-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Yo I clearly let u win to compensate for Legacy :P

Now that u can see thru my obv BS. amazing deck. It actually said "I dont care who you are or what you are doing... I win. OH and I know all cards in your hand at all times just cuz"

ATLDrew
08-09-2010, 09:03 PM
U don't even know the amount of frustration I had when I faced your deck and I just thought I was going to run it over like a proper fire deck.

And that is exactly why Dave played Kisheri. We built the deck with the hope that fire decks would just go in underestimating the matchup.

And you said she was better off of Life. Told you that deck was cheap Shajir lol.

failed2k
08-10-2010, 09:34 AM
said it before, but I were to try and make this deck myself I would probably change like 2 cards total, just clearly super well tuned, and really grabbing onto a lot of deaths hard to grasp potential. Really well made deck, really good pilot.

ShadowDragon
08-10-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm glad Cold and Indifferent's starting to see some play, I knew it was great when I saw it but it's sick in Kisheri~ Very nice deck.

Shaneth
08-10-2010, 06:41 PM
You got 6th place bro - you lost to person who got 2nd place, so you add on the 4 ppl eliminated from top 8 --- (2+4=6)
congrats

dutpotd
08-10-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm glad Cold and Indifferent's starting to see some play, I knew it was great when I saw it but it's sick in Kisheri~ Very nice deck.

It was the first Tekken 'rare' I ever pulled, pulled it with my gencon 2009 pack I got from 3rd place finish. I had it sideboarded, if I was a strict order deck my Hilde would probably mainboard it. Obvious amazing card in Black Popsicle though.

- dut

Cain Valentine
08-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Nah Dave is psychic.. So what am I gonna play first for my foundation... Dave: Bloodline Rebelion... WTF He knew every card I was gonna play turn one. Crazy.

dutpotd
08-12-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm curious, is there a reason you wouldn't play the good old Valued but not Trusted in main or sideboard with this thing? It is easily one of my favorite death/void/earth foundations, I auto-include it in every deck I play off those symbols and it wins me games.

- dut

Sketch
08-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Dut, here's the thing. It's a 2/4 with no block that doesn't stop Multiple (the biggest weak point of the deck) and 90% of the time when I'm swinging in on offense the only good damage reduction on the other end of the table comes from cards in hand. (Paid to Protect, Ultimate Team, Not Human, etc) This is rendered largely irrelevant because they get maybe one activation out of it before their hand is gutted, even game 2/3. As long as my initial attacks are doing damage and triggering Intimidating Presence/Maniacal Laughter and increasing my 'stuff blown up' count for All Life is Prey, I don't care if they hit you for 1 or 15; the last attack or two will come across for A LOT. 20-30+ damage Knight Breakers are not outside the realm of possibility, I'll put it that way.

It probably should've been in my sideboard if for no other reason than to blank copies of Memories of a Nightmare, which is the only thing that really hiccups me on my attack turns, blanking copies of All Life is Prey. In all honesty, my sideboard was thrown together very much last-minute (literally at the start of swiss) and had some obvious problems that could use refining. (Undisputed Ruler should've been maindecked over Ka Technique, etc.)

That said, in this deck it doesn't deserve a position in the main. There's just no room for it - most Death decks don't have to run a 4x of Keeper of the Watchers to function well, it's obviously retarded in Kisheri, so it takes up that spot. Everything else is dedicated to staying alive (Flexible Body/Maniacal Laughter/Treacherous Offspring/Perfect Sense of Balance/Undisputed Ruler/Scroll of the Abyss) or helping kill my opponent (Intimidating Presence/All Life is Prey combo, Maniacal Laughter and Brooding help here too) or is spam to help build faster. (Cursed Blood, Treacherous, Brooding)

Scroll is a MUST in this deck, it deals with so many problematic assets - it keeps fire off additional card draw by handling Giandenze Nova and Freischer Heimell, it also keeps Fire from going berserk on enhances with the last attack in their hand. It blows up Robes of the Grandmaster, it blows up Amy's Stupid House, it blows up Jaguar Mask (super-relevant) and most importantly it blows up Ancient Burial Site.

Like I said, deck is packed tight. It's hard to dedicate a slot to VbnT, as awesome as the card is. Hope that gives some insight!

Cain Valentine
08-13-2010, 03:11 AM
Scroll is a MUST in this deck, it deals with so many problematic assets - it keeps fire off additional card draw by handling Giandenze Nova and Freischer Heimell, it also keeps Fire from going berserk on enhances with the last attack in their hand. It blows up Robes of the Grandmaster, it blows up Amy's Stupid House, it blows up Jaguar Mask (super-relevant) and most importantly it blows up Ancient Burial Site.

Lol. Super relevant.. I like that. Makes me feel special!;)

dutpotd
08-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Great justification Sketch, thanks for putting the time in to explaining your thought processes on it. Great decks are well thought out - looking forward to your next ^^

- dut

EscarcegaGuy
09-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Dude, I've known Dave had powers since SAS II when he teleported all night.