PDA

View Full Version : GenCon2010 = Success!!

ShadowDragon
08-09-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but JascoGames had gotten UFS promo cards to put in the GenCon bags, as well as a card with a map to Jasco's booth and a short description of what UFS was about. JascoGames brought about 800 SC4 starterdecks to give out for free to people who sat down for a demo of the game, and by mid-day Sunday, they were ALL GONE. Jason went and traded for some old starters with another booth (got around 30) and ran through those as well! After that he had the people running demos start giving out the legacy ones he had left at his booth and we got a fair ways through those as well. I personally am very psyched about the future of the game. Oh and pretty much every single booth in the dealer hall SOLD OUT of SF cards in a single day.

As promised, I got the new promos scanned~ The pic is pretty big since I crammed all 6 into one picture. I say 6 because there were 2 slightly different Nehtali's. One was very glossy, made on thinner paper, made in smaller quantities and was very slightly larger than the others. The back of this one was darker, and the UFS logo is red. Anyway, here's the link to the promos (the Nehtali on the left is the glossy one though it's hard to see it in the picture):
New GenCon promos (http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s87/shadowdragon136/?action=view&current=GenCon2010Promos2.jpg&)

And here's a shot of the back of the 2 Nehtali cards:
Nehtali backs (http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s87/shadowdragon136/?action=view&current=NehtaliBacks.jpg&)

RockStar
08-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks for posting these, Danni!

So glad that UFS is BACK!!!

dutpotd
08-09-2010, 10:39 AM
As always, thanks for this ShadowDragon! And a special thanks to you, Kirk, and anyone/everyone that worked booth all weekend in lieu of competing/playing - to me that is Sacrifices for the Cause to a tee :)

I agree 100% that it was a roaring sucess, especially following the year we suffered and the Happy Holidays gift us players got (insert Gaines no gifts under the tree lyrics here).

I'm planning on US nats already at Neoncon in Vegas, I'm not even going to begin to go into how much fun THAT is going to be, whoever is there is going to help me set a new standard of FUN and it won't even involve an abundance of Cheesecake, well, no promises regarding the C word.

- dut

ShadowDragon
08-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I myself put in about 21 hours of demoing in at the booth over the course of the the weekend, and it was busy pretty much constantly. Most of the time myself and the other fantastic volunteers were demoing to up to 4 people at a single time, sometimes even more. As soon as we'd finish one demo, more people would sit down, there was very little time between demos. It was crazy, but in a good way.

Baranor
08-09-2010, 11:31 AM
That is so awesome! I'm ecstatic to hear that! I can't wait for more tournaments!!!

Bloodrunstrue
08-09-2010, 12:00 PM
It's great to hear that Gencon met Jasco's and ( more importantly) our expectations. :)

I just hope that we actually hear from these people in the future though, was this site or Jasco games advertised at all? If not then why not? :/
Secondly, I'm really hoping we get gradual sneak peeks at the new set and some background story for Red horizon.

Well done Gencon peeps
Bloodrunstrue

ShadowDragon
08-09-2010, 12:07 PM
There was a sign-up sheet for the UFS mailing list right at the counter at Jasco's booth, and the link to this site was on the map-card that was in every GenCon bag~

Bloodrunstrue
08-09-2010, 12:08 PM
There was a sign-up sheet for the UFS mailing list right at the counter at Jasco's booth, and the link to this site was on the map-card that was in every GenCon bag~

Oh! That's great! :D I hope we hear from these people soon :)

Yoko Charming Fox
08-09-2010, 01:25 PM
thanks for the pics.

HypeMan!
08-09-2010, 04:36 PM
The booth was absolutely crazy. Props for going 21 hours total, I only got 7 in and felt beat. But every person I demoed got up grinning, one guy even called someone he was texting with and said "Dude, I just found the most awesome card game EVER!" and promptly made a b line for the cash register when I said there were GenCon sale prices on cards.

Eithinis
08-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah, the booth was insane; I was demoing to other exhibitors before the hall even opened for a while, and ended up demoing like 8ish hours on the opening day. there was practically no break inbetween teaching people how to play, and everyone seemed extremely interested in the game, for the most part. I *greatly* appreciate everyone else who helped out, I feel really good about the place of this game now.

Cain Valentine
08-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah I demo'd a bit on saturday and most of the day sunday. That both was always busy you couldnt walk around in it, so nuts. But Im hoping that gencon met Jasons expectations and that this player base will start to grow. This game I feel, is starting to look much stronger then before. And Red Horizon is looking like its gonna be a blast.

Da_ghetto_gamer
08-10-2010, 09:08 AM
We have already seen about a 40 person increase on the forums since yesterday so to me that sounds like a good sign as well

HypeMan!
08-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Definitely an exciting time to be part of UFS :D

KodiakZero
08-10-2010, 02:24 PM
I hope the next time there is something like this it is a little closer to home :( Like a state away closer

SMazzurco
08-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Nats coming up in Vegas i believe

dutpotd
08-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Nats coming up in Vegas i believe

Are you going Sal? You kind of have to. DO IT.