PDA

View Full Version : 3 vs 3 Team event - US Nationals here we come ^^

dutpotd
08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
So, I have it on good authority that Team Events will be coming back and in a big way at the US nats in Vegas in November!!!

I just wanted to start off the trash talking and letting everyone know that team champ-champ-nochamp is now champ-champ-champ and we are goona go for broke in a big way this coming year.

I also wanted to start discussion re: team strategy in today's Standard environment, do you play 3 aggro heavy decks, what symbols do you use to fall within the 'no more than 8 of any card' rule, etc.

- dut

Lono
08-09-2010, 12:55 PM
I think teams in standard will be very interesting. I don't think you'll see 3 aggro decks on a team. At least, I don' think they'll do well. I think the general layouts for teams will be Fire/Life aggro (Zi Mei, Mitsurugi, etc), Good/defensive wall (Hilde, King, etc) and probably non-fire aggro (Chaos Jin/Heihachi, Death Kisheri) to round it out. I expect a rise in Hilde decks.

dutpotd
08-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I expect a rise in Hilde decks.

I agree with this, but I highly doubt we will see much more of her being diversified at big events (like a few near the tops, not 'chun-li many'). She is incredibly difficult to play well, and I'd say maybe 30+ players I know of 100+ I know could sucessfully play her consistently, either they lack the patience, the timing, or the creativity to survive often enough to suceed and she just isn't 'their' playstyle.

- dut

SirShajir
08-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure we'll be able to make it to vegas. Although if we go to vegas, I'm not sure what we would take.

Btw, which 2 champs are you teaming up with?

dutpotd
08-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Polka and I have dying to team up for ages, and Gaines is our secret weapon of annoyance :)

You have to go to Vegas. You don't have a choice. Westjet is like $100 CND or something, I'll win your flight money back for you at the poker tables and it is easy peasy.

- dut

Grizzlegrom
08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
I am just hoping to get the $$ together for it in time :)

dutpotd
08-09-2010, 02:19 PM
I am just hoping to get the $$ together for it in time :)

We'll make it a reality no matter what, I don't want to be stuck with anyone but you on my team this time around.

- dut

Grizzlegrom
08-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Well then I suppose you can be the Hilde Master for this one :) for the moment I am going to be on Natali, Yoshi and look at some other options :)

dutpotd
08-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Okay, we'll just continue to talk shop in this thread to provoke and tell everyone what we are going to do, that way when we beat them we can say they were fairly warned. - hehe, I love teams -

- dut

Grizzlegrom
08-09-2010, 02:49 PM
It would prolly be better do discuss most of our deck strategies via email lol... but we can post some on here if you like, btw I sent you the first one for our team :)

dutpotd
08-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I was joking of course seeing as how you started with some info on characters you are looking at ^^

- dut

Grizzlegrom
08-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Well it's not like teams would be that hard to figure out :P lol...

ScottGaines
08-09-2010, 03:12 PM
yeah i hope i can has the dollhairs for this too, man we are going to wreck face.

Link
08-09-2010, 09:48 PM
If we can go we will. I think the first step to doing this would be getting a job. step 2 will occur sometime after that.

HypeMan!
08-09-2010, 10:11 PM
I'd love to go to Nats, but Vegas is a long drive. Now if it was NashVegas, that be different. Still, I like the idea of having Nats and Worlds on separate sides of the country.

Also, damn, UFS in Vegas? It's going to make the Bucco and Ram shenanigans looks like Daycare.

dutpotd
08-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Also, damn, UFS in Vegas? It's going to make the Bucco and Ram shenanigans looks like Daycare.

100% This. So much fun. So much trouble.

HypeMan!
08-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I worry Omar or Scott might get arrested.

Baranor
08-10-2010, 02:30 AM
I must figure out how to swing this!!

NJBrock22
08-10-2010, 03:09 AM
I'd love to go to Nats, but Vegas is a long drive. Now if it was NashVegas, that be different. Still, I like the idea of having Nats and Worlds on separate sides of the country.

how about we eventually set up our own anual regional event for NashVegas then... like MTAC again... or just set it up at one of our stores... only problem i know my store aint gonna be able to hold the event... and Vegas, seems like thats more for the West Coast guys who cant make Worlds, and almost screws us on the east out, meh wish i could have gone to worlds or nats... no job sucks... eventhough i'm w/n 200 miles of Indy... suck...

N.J.

HypeMan!
08-10-2010, 02:03 PM
I'd love to see the Regionals come back. MTAC seemed like a good place to have it, I wouldn't be able to make it this year though I have a conflict.

Reginals, Nats, Worlds and Pro Tour would make the entire year exciting if we could support it all.