PDA

View Full Version : Any Cardfight Vanguard! players?

FenMiHuo
04-26-2012, 07:05 PM
I think the game is fun in a very quick and simple way, just wondering if anyone else has tried it.

Michael
04-27-2012, 02:04 AM
I have some and have read the rules but not had a chance to play a game yet but i do agree with u. Had it not bin for tov bin round the corner id have invested alot more in it and got myself a proper deck. U can tell its mostly a yugi player base due to the values of cards

DaiAndOh
05-06-2012, 09:51 PM
I play it. Don't shoot me Jasco.

Vanguard
05-07-2012, 01:05 AM
The visuals are mostly horrible, aren't they ?

Hayamachop
05-07-2012, 10:12 PM
i own cards but i havent had a chance to play it o.o

PvtChurch
05-08-2012, 01:54 AM
The visuals are mostly horrible, aren't they ?
Self-deprication will get you nowhere in life!

Joking aside, one of my friends is into it hardcore. It kinda shocked me how much he bought after playing with a simple starter deck, but I guess since there's only a single release at a time for each UFS set, he saves some money.

I'm not a big fan of it, particularly the simplicity of the deck-building. They seem to release all cards to a clan per set, then add maybe 1 or 2 more to it over the course of each subsequent set.

TripsEX
05-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Things I would rather do than play another game of Cardfight Vanguard:

Shoot myself in the :):):):) with an AR15.
Play Yu-Gi-Oh!.
Watch my loved ones die around me.
Get into a fist fight with a disabled person.

FenMiHuo
05-08-2012, 07:20 PM
well for any of you who play, I made an octgn patch for it, and we can play online if you want, I have a kagero deck mainly, and I'm building spike brothers and nova grappler for fun

michel3105
05-12-2012, 03:11 AM
I've been playing WeissSchwarz since January, and I'm enjoying it a lot.

But no CF Vanguard, sorry. Too simplistic, no cool third party anime behind it. These two facts mean FAIL to me.

FenMiHuo
05-12-2012, 07:14 PM
I've been playing WeissSchwarz since January, and I'm enjoying it a lot.

But no CF Vanguard, sorry. Too simplistic, no cool third party anime behind it. These two facts mean FAIL to me.

There is most definitly an anime behind it, unless you are ignoring it because of your definition of "cool"

michel3105
05-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Also by my definition of "third party".

CF Vanguard (the anime) is Bushiroad's intellectual property, and made to promote the card game in the same manner as Yu-Gi-O has been.
It's no true narrative text per se, but more a prolonged advertising to convey the atmosphere and values of the card game.
Weiss Schwarz works the other way round: cards are made to recreate the atmosphere of autonomous narrative texts (anime, videogames, ...) inside a gaming framework.

Hatman
05-18-2012, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't call any anime like that cool.

Birch
06-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Game is tons of fun honestly. My buddy and I spent like 15 hours over the past two days playing it.

FenMiHuo
08-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Anyone planning on going to any of the nationals qualifiers? We've got 1 in atlanta in oct that I plan on dominating

Deck Dont Matter
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
I have been playing a lot lately. I have the biggest plans to grind as many National Qualifiers in the next few months and Win on from there.

FenMiHuo
08-20-2012, 01:32 PM
well let me know if you go to atlanta's

Rider kick
09-09-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm playing it right now. I got a beast Deity Nova grappler deck. And I'm waiting till the Stern Blaukenger deck comes out and Dimension police.

JChang
09-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Anyone has trades in vanguard?

FenMiHuo
09-09-2012, 08:31 PM
i do though not a ton, ive got a full nova grappler deck and some extra GP stuff and a few randoms, like a CEO, Soul Saver, etc pm me with what you are looking for (and what you got)

Tagrineth
09-10-2012, 08:54 PM
It's :):):):). Dominated by lucksacking. Gave it up within a week of starting it.

Magnusotls
09-10-2012, 09:59 PM
aaaaand now I am not going to try it ever.

FenMiHuo
09-11-2012, 07:26 AM
It's :):):):). Dominated by lucksacking. Gave it up within a week of starting it.

I used to think that in the beggining, I like how simple it was and random, but honestly, when you actually know how to play, that isnt true anymore. Do you think its lucksacking when you run 12 crits in a deck to get a crit? or 8 draw triggers and you draw the other block you need? no its how you build your deck, and if its not done right or your columns arent set up right you cant guarantee big enough hits and the game stalemates to anyone not throwing away all their cards

Shinguyi
09-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Its as FenMiHuo said. It gets to a point where tough decisions need to be made and will affect the whole game while luck will play no part whatsoever.

Not a favorite game, but I enjoy it.

Rider kick
09-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Its my third favorite game at the moment.

CartooN
09-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Im actually quite interested in this. I enjoy yugioh and I know its by the same guys. How are people finding it? Worth picking up?

Rider kick
09-12-2012, 08:07 PM
I am.

Tagrineth
09-13-2012, 03:18 AM
I used to think that in the beggining, I like how simple it was and random, but honestly, when you actually know how to play, that isnt true anymore. Do you think its lucksacking when you run 12 crits in a deck to get a crit? or 8 draw triggers and you draw the other block you need? no its how you build your deck, and if its not done right or your columns arent set up right you cant guarantee big enough hits and the game stalemates to anyone not throwing away all their cards

No but when your ratios are correct and consistent and you lose to someone double critting you with 4 in their deck, or rolling all 4 of their Heal triggers two games in a row...

:):):):) that.

to wit: set 2 meta, I was playing a stand-heavy, very stable Blockade deck (8 stand 4 draw 4 heal, phenomenal deck...). I lost in the top cut to a Kagero mirror that was running 16 grade-3s, 4 crit 4 draw 4 heal 4 stand. I kept clearing his grade 3s off his board to secure the win by attrition because that's what the deck was designed to do, and he had incessant replacements for the grade 3s every. single. turn. Hit all four Heals. Then when I was finally down to my last few cards to block and swing next turn for GG, he double crit for the exact damage + 3 life to kill me. No other triggers would've won him the game.

That was game 2. Game 3 he proved how bad his ratios were by being stuck at grade-1 for about 10 turns and his hand flooding with grade-3s, but I couldn't draw a grade-3, and he ended up just happening to flip his 4th and final crit trigger for game after a long frustrating fight of me AGAIN having to deal 10 damage to win...

I completely dominated every other game that day up to that point.

When lucksack garbage wins, the game is bad.

Followup addendum: My friends all quit for roughly the same reasons, and apparently stacking and various other means of cheating became commonplace shortly after I gave up on it because all the yugioh scum picked the game up.

Hatman
09-13-2012, 04:14 AM
Followup addendum: My friends all quit for roughly the same reasons, and apparently stacking and various other means of cheating became commonplace shortly after I gave up on it because all the yugioh scum picked the game up.
You target a game towards kids, you will get those.

IIRC our local Vanguard meta isn't that bad but I'd have to ask the store owners because I don't play that.

FenMiHuo
09-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Our local meta has no yugioh players that I know of and are pretty cool guys (havent noticed cheating or anything)
Also luck happens in every game, I've had magic games where I top deck the exact card I need to win, double crit is avoidable if you block the vanguard with enough so that 1 trigger wont get over, most people arent going to risk getting a 2nd trigger, and if they put em on a rear guard you see it coming and can put everything you can in the way to stop it (not saying this is always true but there are defense methods)
I learned not long ago how bad stand triggers really are, they seem great, but if you arent doing magic numbers its so easy to block them (or after you hit damage triggers you dont even need to sometimes)

Tagrineth
09-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Our local meta has no yugioh players that I know of and are pretty cool guys (havent noticed cheating or anything)
Also luck happens in every game, I've had magic games where I top deck the exact card I need to win, double crit is avoidable if you block the vanguard with enough so that 1 trigger wont get over, most people arent going to risk getting a 2nd trigger, and if they put em on a rear guard you see it coming and can put everything you can in the way to stop it (not saying this is always true but there are defense methods)
I learned not long ago how bad stand triggers really are, they seem great, but if you arent doing magic numbers its so easy to block them (or after you hit damage triggers you dont even need to sometimes)

This guy won the tournament undefeated because he lucksacked every game. And he wasn't stacking, I shuffled his deck multiple times when I played him.

Lucksacking dominates. :| Bad game is bad.

And from everything I've heard, it's only gotten worse in terms of balance, thanks to the Yugioh design philosophies that have crept back into the game despite not being readily apparent in the first couple sets. Hi ho, power creep! GG old themes!

Rider kick
09-17-2012, 01:25 PM
I'll post my grappler deck on here later today.

Rider kick
02-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Well I'm entering a regional qualifier here shortly for this game. And I need 4 Twin bladers, I can trade vanguard or ufs for them. I really need them because you have to half the Perfect guards to survive in a competitive environment.

Shinguyi
02-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Well I'm entering a regional qualifier here shortly for this game. And I need 4 Twin bladers, I can trade vanguard or ufs for them. I really need them because you have to half the Perfect guards to survive in a competitive environment.

I have two and we can always try and negotiate something.

Rider kick
02-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Sent ya a PM guy!

Rider kick
02-19-2014, 01:55 PM
ANyone still play? I have CardFight Arena on my computer, and looking for people to test with.

Shinguyi
02-19-2014, 03:45 PM
I still play but very rarely. :(

Kind of have been focusing on Pokemon and UFS as of late and being active on those consumes a lot of time (especially Pokemon since I'm a Pokemon Professor). Collecting the Noble knights from YuGiOh as well but thats mostly a side thing.

Rider kick
02-20-2014, 08:58 AM
Ah, I'm going competitive in the game or trying to at least. Let me know if you have the online game CFA and I'll find and play you all you want man.