PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Players

beeLigerent
04-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Hello everyone!
I am a brand new scout and am planning to run events at Superstars Game Center (http://www.superstarsgamecenter.com/) in downtown San Jose, California. I know there is a healthy play group at Epic Adventure Games in Scotts Valley but I wanted to start something a little closer to home.

How many of you would like to attend tournaments in downtown San Jose? Obviously I would love to see some of the Scotts Valley people make it over the hill for some battles as well and wasn't really looking to run tournaments on the same day as them. That being said what day of the week is best for you all? I need you all to let me know if you would like to see standard tournaments weekly? bi-weekly? monthly? Also let me know if you are interested in Legacy! If we get enough grinders we can kickstart a Legacy tournament.

beeLigerent
05-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I know there are some Bay Area UFS players out there! Your feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

vaporgecko
05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Where were you two years ago when I was living just down the street from Superstars?

I would love to participate, but I'm up in Oakland most of the time. When would you be running tournaments? I would possibly be able to make it for random Sundays, maybe Fridays.

beeLigerent
05-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Sundays would be a great day to run tournaments on. RockStar and I have been having informal UFS hangouts on Sundays anyway.

Magnusotls
05-08-2012, 12:49 AM
so I am late to read this. I used to be a regular at superstars.

beeLigerent
05-08-2012, 02:23 AM
awesome! is there a weekend coming up where you would like to attend a standard event at superstars?

vaporgecko
05-08-2012, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't mind playing this Saturday (the 12th). Epic won't be running an event, and I'll be in town for Mother's Day. A brilliant time to test the waters.

beeLigerent
05-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Unfortunately, vapor, this Saturday is a little too short notice and I know we'd already be missing RockStar since he works Saturdays. I wanna pick a day a couple weeks ahead of time so we can promote the crap out of it/make sure all the bay area players show up. If you are in town anyway though feel free to drop by Superstars sometime after noon. I will be there with some number of other chumps battling some standard casually.

RockStar
05-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Unfortunately, vapor, this Saturday is a little too short notice and I know we'd already be missing RockStar since he works Saturdays. I wanna pick a day a couple weeks ahead of time so we can promote the crap out of it/make sure all the bay area players show up. If you are in town anyway though feel free to drop by Superstars sometime after noon. I will be there with some number of other chumps battling some standard casually.

Also, I will be at Super Stars around 3:30pm to join in the obligatory chump battles! :D

Oh, and I heavily prefer Standard over any other format. It's the most balanced, and most rewarding for players who enjoy thinking, playing, and deck building outside of the box. It's also the MOST supported format in UFS that allows players a chance to win their very own tournament legal Starting Character Card, made in their own likeness, that they themselves get to co-design with Jasco.

RockStar
05-10-2012, 04:42 PM
so I am late to read this. I used to be a regular at superstars.

Hey Scott, you still in the area? You should swing by and play! As beeLigerent has stated, he and I (and Danny) have been meeting fairly regularly on Sunday mornings until about 3pm. If you're available, it'd be GREAT to see you!

vaporgecko
05-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Any word on a Saturday game? Sunday is Mother's day which takes me out of the action since my mom is awesome!

RockStar
05-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Any word on a Saturday game? Sunday is Mother's day which takes me out of the action since my mom is awesome!

Jeff and I, and a few others, are getting together Saturday afternoon around 3:30pm-ish for some casual UFS Throwdowns. It'd be great to have you there, man! :)

Magnusotls
05-11-2012, 03:44 AM
I havnt been around since been waiting for tides, and I cant do an event this weekend, but ill do one next

RockStar
05-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Well, Magnusotis, you should plan on trying to make it out to one of our casuals in the next week or two. ALSO, there is a sanctioned UFS event at Kubla Con on May 26th, and ToV - either in actual cardboard, or proxies - will be allowed. Should be a lot of fun! You should try to drag Dillon out to that event, too!

Magnusotls
06-08-2012, 06:13 PM
is there going to be anything tomorrow?

beeLigerent
06-08-2012, 06:39 PM
unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend but I think TheHurricane and RockStar have plans to go to Superstars this weekend and battle. confirm or deny?

RockStar
06-08-2012, 08:05 PM
unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend but I think TheHurricane and RockStar have plans to go to Superstars this weekend and battle. confirm or deny?

Confirmed. :) PM me or text me to confirm a meeting time.

Magnusotls
06-10-2012, 02:14 AM
I have stuff to do tommorrow and want to make the online brock tourney so I might skip.

Nick Ragan
06-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I just started playing UFS last week over in Scott's Valley but I live in San Jose what time to you guys normally go to superstars on sunday

DaemienDrake
06-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Just like Nick my gf and I started playing in Scott's Valley 2 weeks ago and we live in Belmont so San Jose is close. What days do you guys battle on?

Magnusotls
06-11-2012, 05:46 PM
I haven't actually done a single battle there. Maybe chat with me about your decks so next time you won't get astrid'd.

dart132
06-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Hey guys! It's Danny, Im not sure if I met all the new players at epic on saturday but I was there. Rockstar, thehurricane, beeledgerant (sp?) and I usually meet around noon on Sunday. PM me and I'll message you my number so I'll let you know around Saturday if we are going to make it there to duke it out. I'm really excited for all you guys.

RockStar
06-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Hi Nick Ragan and DaemienDrake,

I live downtown San Jose, work in Belmont, and try and make it to Epic Adventure Games as often as I can (read: whenever I'm not working on a Saturday...so, almost never, unfortunately).

Nearly every Sunday we have casual ufs matches at SuperStars on N 3rd St, downtown San Jose, starting at noon. PM me if you'd be interested in hooking up this Sunday to throw down. I'd be very happy to help out with new decks and help you guys sharpen up your play-styles, especially if you both are interested in attending the PTC event at Epic on the 30th (I'll be there, too!!!).

I can't wait to meet you guys in-person, and compete against you, too!

Welcome to the Arena,
RockStar mka Iari

DaemienDrake
06-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi Nick Ragan and DaemienDrake,

I live downtown San Jose, work in Belmont, and try and make it to Epic Adventure Games as often as I can (read: whenever I'm not working on a Saturday...so, almost never, unfortunately).

Nearly every Sunday we have casual ufs matches at SuperStars on N 3rd St, downtown San Jose, starting at noon. PM me if you'd be interested in hooking up this Sunday to throw down. I'd be very happy to help out with new decks and help you guys sharpen up your play-styles, especially if you both are interested in attending the PTC event at Epic on the 30th (I'll be there, too!!!).

I can't wait to meet you guys in-person, and compete against you, too!

Welcome to the Arena,
RockStar mka Iari

Actually my GF and I will be trying to make it down there this Sunday. And I do intend on piloting my Amy deck at the PTC and can use any and all help streamlining it that I can get. :D

RockStar
06-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Actually my GF and I will be trying to make it down there this Sunday. And I do intend on piloting my Amy deck at the PTC and can use any and all help streamlining it that I can get. :D

Very cool. Does your GF play, too (mine doesn't), and will she also be playing on Sunday? Amy is a solid character choice. If you'd like, PM your current deck-list, and I'm happy to make suggestions before Sunday!

Holler,
RockStar

RockStar
06-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Just a quick update:

I'm still hosting any Bay Area UFS Players who wants to show up on Sunday, at noon at Super Stars downtown San Jose. I realize it's also Father's Day, so please PM me to confirm if you will still be able to make it. I have several decks I'm play-testing, and am looking forward to a cool exchange of ideas, as well as helping out any of the newer players with deck-critiques/suggestions and general tune-up for the PTC on the 30th of this month!

Holler,
RockStar

dart132
06-17-2012, 01:10 AM
you know that I'll be there