PDA

View Full Version : A couple ideas for new characters.

Flagnine1
04-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Here is a couple ideas for new characters. Tell me what you think to make them better/balenced.

Type: Character
Name: Cathrine
Difficulty: 6
Control:6
Symbols: Void, Death, Chaos
Handsize: 7
Vitality: 20
Text box: F: Once per turn commit X Foundations and remove X Ally or Character cards from discard piles from the game, put X Zombie tokens on this character.
E: Remove a Zombie counter from this character. This attack gets +X or -X damage. X equals the number of zombie counters on this character.

(thoughts) She is supposed to be a necromancer. So I figured she would take a turn or 2 to raise her army and then swarm you. And I like tokens.

Type: Character
Name: Vladimir
Difficulty: 6
Control:6
Symbols: Death, Life, Earth
Handsize: 6
Vitality: 30
Text box: First F: Lose half your current vitality rounded up. For the rest of the turn after your attack deals damage gain X vitality. X equals the damage the attack did.
Desperation E: Commit. Gain vitality equal to the printed damage of this attack.

(thoughts) He is meant to play around in the desperation zone and be hard to kill once there. I kind of based him on the shadowpact team from vs. They got stronger the closer to dead they were with lots of abilities to hurt and heal themselves.

Feel free to make suggestions, fix my bad card grammar, or inform me of the brokenness of an ability.

Jane10lo
04-30-2012, 05:37 PM
I like Catherine's idea, but I am curious as to what exactly the zombie card looks like and how it's effect would affect her deck play. I am completely unfamiliar with token's though, so I have no idea how that would work.

As for Vladimir, I would be careful, as a lot of people are greatly against vitality gain. Personally I enjoy it, but if your character is going to have it, I would lower his overall vitality... that way your opponent doesn't feel overly smothered if you decided to use that F your second turn (most aren't going to attack in the first).

Finally, any character designs? I would like to see visuals or descriptions.

Flagnine1
05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Tokens in general works as an additional resource kinda like momentum. For Cathrine was figuring you would destroy one to get an effect based on how many she has left.

I agree that a lot of people are afraid to go back to decks that could gain all there life back. However I still feel a little isn't a bad thing.

As I am no artist I was thinking for Cathrine between 16-30 in noble garb of some sort (mmm hot evil chicks). As for Vlad he is based on Vladimir Tepes so noble garb, tho I do like when can see a dudes muscles thru their clothes (Bison and Vincent)

Jane10lo
05-04-2012, 08:38 PM
You should make support cards for these characters! They would be fun to develop more, and foundations and attacks would show how the deck mechanics work.