PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Nats is just around the corner...

Doji_Mike
05-06-2012, 09:25 AM
So Legacy Nats is just around the corner, and it is that time where you get to rummage around in those boxes of cards and blowing the dust off of the cards you didn't even know you had anymore. It will be a joyous occasion for all the jank lovers out there. I for one know that Sheffield will be bringing the jank in full force, but what I want to know is what other fellow legacy enthusiasts think will be the most common cards, excluding characters I would like you to list one card from each card type that you think will be in every deck that can run it. Below are mine :)

Action: Absurd Strength

Sorry for the pun but the card is just literally absurd it turns absolutely any attack into a kill condition all for a mere one difficulty, and also checks a five. However I feel that it will also see play as meta for those fearsome momentum heavy tsunami sabre decks.

Asset: Seal of Cessation

Ahh good old Seal, the only asset of power that ever truly saw play, with the ability to universally negate anything your opponent attempted to do to you. Throughout it's legality it was a staple in all control decks and I feel that it will remain so even now.

Attack: Tsunami Sabre

Possibly one of my favourite attacks ever printed, the card has so much potential to one hit kill people that it isn't even funny, the feeling is that this card will be the go to kill card for most of the decks that chain a symbol with it.

Foundation: Shinobi Tradition

There were many foundations that I felt would fit the bill just as well as Shinobi Tradition, such as the infamous Megalofest combo as well as Blood Runs True and Yoga Mastery, however I decided on Shinobi Tradition simply because it created so many insane infinite loops back in the day, and still makes it stupidly easy to play exceptionally long attack strings that it deserved the spot slightly more than the others.

So those are my choices for the most popular cards to be in the various different decks that we will see this weekend, what are yours?

Michael
05-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Id never really played legacy befor the announcement for legacy but based on my limited knowlage am gona go tag along for actions, strike heads for attacks agreed on seal and cursed blood for foundations as theyre all epic and disruptive.

madeofwin
05-07-2012, 05:28 AM
for me there are far too many awesome legacy tricks to go into in full detail on here, but a few that do stand out as amazing include:

False pretences: simply put this is one of the best answers to fast aggro decks ever, plus the fact nobody ever remembers about its self destruct form :)

rigorous training: negates seal of cessation and the split action negates absurd strength and tsunami sabre, all round incredible awesomeness.

lost memories: the original god of board control, often imitated never bettered.

holding ground: answers multiples and unblockable attacks and deals with infinite damage attacks quite handily.

and last but not least the 2 greatest attacks in legacy in my opinion, shadow banishment, 9 damage and selective discard and 8th bill of punishment, an unblockable 10 damage throw at the end of a beatdown turn.

looking forward to saturday, can't wait to see you all for an old school throwdown!

the amazing spider-lloyd
05-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi all :) my picks look like this:
Action: Absurd Strength. This card is just insane (didn't want to make the same absurd pun as Mike lol). I know full well how good this card is cuz i used to throw it around like it was a part of me lol. It can kill and save your ass from momentum decks with no effort at all.

Attack: Tsunami Sabre. Am worried that a lot of people will go for this, as i was looking at it myself lol. Have seen this t2 too many people out of soo many decks its not even funny.

Asset: Seal of Cessation. It speaks for itself doesn't it!

Foundation: Blood Runs True. Yes it's unique now but its still amazing!

Can't wait to see what actually turns up :) look forward to seeing you all at the weekend

CrazyElf
05-09-2012, 05:00 PM
what not chain throw or even plasma beam i predict order to make the most mess lol make sense of that have fun you guys though and hope to see you for the uk standard nats

Doji_Mike
05-09-2012, 06:11 PM
what not chain throw or even plasma beam i predict order to make the most mess lol make sense of that have fun you guys though and hope to see you for the uk standard nats

Simply put because chain throw is banned lol, and plasma beam is very strong but you have to over extend to ensure the kill and as such that is why I chose Tsunami sabre :)

Michael
05-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Cant wait to see all the crazyness as this will be the first legacy event ive ever played properly. That been said i still intend to bring the pain... Shizzle.

madeofwin
05-10-2012, 03:54 AM
i know sheffield is planning to bring the crazy :) seen some amazing creations over the last few weeks. can't wait to see what people come up with, i still believe it's gonna be won by whoever finds the most random tech that everyone else has missed

Michael
05-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Am not using random tech just tried and tested but that works for me