PDA

View Full Version : a few last minute announcements for legacy nationals

madeofwin
05-11-2012, 02:23 AM
Hi everybody, well it all kicks off tomorrow, hope your all ready for a weekend of old school carnage!

just a few things to bring to peoples attention:

sign up starts at 11.00, entry fee will be 5 this is to cover all the funky prizes we'll be handing out :)

one thing that was discovered last night is that the current legacy banned list on the organized play page is incorrect, both darkness blade and defender should be on the list, they were before and it looks like a mistake was made when the list was moved. they are most definitely both banned, i'm sorry if this is cutting it a bit close but they are NOT LEGAL FOR LEGACY NATIONALS, please make sure your not running them or you will be disqualified and i'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

beyond that i think all is good, any questions feel free to get in touch through the usual means.

see you soon

Michael
05-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Since when was darkness blade banned. It was ran at the us legacy nationals like 3 months ago. In fact it was in the winning deck. A little bit annoying finding this out now seeing as its my main kill condition.

Michael
05-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Correction 2nd place deck

madeofwin
05-11-2012, 06:19 AM
your right, this makes sod all sense. it was on the banned list before the website got changed round. am trying to get a definitive answer on this as soon as but i know it was banned in legacy during the last big update of the list :(

Michael
05-11-2012, 06:29 AM
like i said it was allowed in us nats and im assuming if it was banned it would have been picked up when it was wrecking poeple in front of jason in person.

madeofwin
05-11-2012, 06:33 AM
that's plausible, but i thought it was banned before that. will try and get an answer from the horses mouth and let everyone know as soon as i do. many apologies for any inconvenience caused but i don't want cards that degenerate running round if they shouldn't

jason
05-11-2012, 07:05 AM
Darkness Blade and Defender were only banned in the Extended format. They are still legal in Legacy. The current banned lists are completely the same as the old one (You can still see the old on at this link: http://www.jascogames.com/official_banned_list).

madeofwin
05-11-2012, 07:18 AM
righto. cheers very much. i'm sure they were on the list, oh well i appear to have been very confused somewhere along the way. oh well ignore what i said, they are legal for this weekend (runs off to make changes to his deck to accommodate this change in the meta game)

dutpotd
05-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Darkness Blade and Defender were only banned in the Extended format. They are still legal in Legacy. The current banned lists are completely the same as the old one (You can still see the old on at this link: http://www.jascogames.com/official_banned_list).

This is correct. They were NEVER on the legacy banned list.

Michael
05-11-2012, 09:13 AM
few makes me feel a lot better now. So has any prize support shown up or is patriots supplying it all?

madeofwin
05-11-2012, 09:15 AM
oh well, defender i'm not too worried about in all honesty, with lord of the makai gone its a lot harder to loop than it used to be. darkness blade on the other hand was a huge slice of janky nastiness, especially after it was ruled that red lotus couldn't stop it. this changes things dramatically, why oh why couldn't it have been the curse broken that i was wrong about ;)

madeofwin
05-11-2012, 09:16 AM
nothing as of yet, so patriot, my private stash and some nice donations are covering the prize support situation. you never know it may arrive tomorrow morning :)

Michael
05-11-2012, 01:09 PM
yeah the sea turtles pulling the parcel may well get a new lease of life lol.