05-14-2012, 10:15 AM
1st place deck Lloyd Thompson playing Miser

characters:1
1x miser

attacks:7
4x curse of corruption
3x demon slayer

actions:8
4x the anti k' (lets be fair, who ever played this as a foundation really?)
4x kung fu training

assets:4
4x seal of cessation

foundations:41
4x pieces of eight
1x silence
4x dark hado
1x cutting edge
2x blood runs true
4x the red lotus of the sun
4x control the present
3x oral dead
3x constant training
3x revenants calling
2x evil plans
4x megalomania
4x manifest destiny
2x know your objective

sideboard:8
1x silence
4x duty calls
3x absurd strength

madeofwin
05-14-2012, 10:23 AM
in second place, Ross Graham playing sakura

1x sakura****

attacks:2
2x 8th bill of punishment

actions:7
3x power up
4x revoke

assets:9
4x seal of cessation
3x pigeon games
2x red gi

foundations:42
1x giradot's leadership
3x roam the world
4x lost memories
2x getting an education
4x rebirth
1x damnation
4x controller of souls
4x undercover agent
4x ring veteran
4x psycho style
4x the man behind the mask
3x unorthodox style
4x yoga mastery

3x awakening
2x8th bill of punishment
3x tendon strength

madeofwin
05-14-2012, 10:34 AM
in third place, Michael Mcewan playing nakoruru

1x nakoruru**

attacks:10
1x ichi no tachi
1x dark force mirage body
2x heel snipe
4x strike heads
1x shadow blade
1x darkness blade

assets:7
1x family heirloom
1x assassination arts
1x father bull
4x mysterious stance

actions:12
3x bringing the master to his knees
3x tag along
3x when the moon comes over the mountain...
3x temporal ascension

foundations:47
4x antisocial
2x destiny
4x hwang's protection
2x rigorous training
3x undercover agent
4x mentally unstable
2x lover
2x tendon strength
4x cursed blood
4x fight or flight
2x healer
2x strange fashion
2x re-united
1x nothing to lose
3x memories of a nightmare
2x torn hero

madeofwin
05-14-2012, 10:41 AM
and in fourth place, Justin Parker playing zangief

1x zangief*****

attacks:4
4x spinning pile driver

4x pavilion

actions:10
4x power up
4x size matters
2x tag along

foundations:42
4x yoga mastery
4x ring veteran
4x lost memories
4x charisma
4x unorthodox style
4x unorthodox training
4x war between sisters
4x red cyclone of mother russia
4x in service to country
4x meditating in battle
2x thunderfoot

2x tag along
4x holding ground
2x final atomic buster

Magnusotls
05-14-2012, 06:43 PM
where are all of the start overs and infiltratings?

Michael
05-14-2012, 06:47 PM
There was a single infiltrating in the ukyo deck that came 5th if that helps

Magnusotls
05-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I can sleep now.

NJBrock22
05-15-2012, 03:02 AM
1st place deck Lloyd Thompson playing Miser

1x miser

attacks:7
4x curse of corruption
3x demon slayer

actions:8
4x the anti k' (lets be fair, who ever played this as a foundation really?)
4x kung fu training

4x seal of cessation

foundations:41
4x pieces of eight
1x silence
4x dark hado
1x cutting edge
2x blood runs true
4x control the present
3x oral dead
3x constant training
3x revenants calling
2x evil plans
4x megalomania
4x manifest destiny
2x know your objective

1x silence
4x duty calls
3x absurd strength

*raises hand* spam foundation anyone... and wth... this is kinda the reason i dont like legacy, really can we not learn to play ATTACKS in our decks... sorry but less than 12-16 attacks in a FIGHTING GAME based Card Game... is beyond retarded... meh, congrats though, someone finally broke Miser.

N.J.

madeofwin
05-15-2012, 04:13 AM
this deck was ridiculously nasty and well deserved the win. i was providing the heavy attack count for the day with 22 attacks in promo alex and i very nearly played a variant of my 36 attack xianghua deck :) but your right legacy is a bit skewed toward control over aggro after the last lot of bannings, something we discussed at length were what cards really need removing and what needs re-instating but thats a debate for a different thread

the amazing spider-lloyd
05-15-2012, 04:43 AM
I don't think running less than 12 attacks in a ufs deck is retarded, it's just a different way to play. I acknowledge that the game is based on a fighting game but that doesn't mean you have to play it that way. I decided to go for this approach as opposed to an aggro variant because I was bored of playing mindless aggro, (trust me i'm a full fledged aggro player, I just wanted a change). It's just a different metagame in the UK than it is in the States bud :)

Doji_Mike
05-15-2012, 05:03 AM
*raises hand* spam foundation anyone... and wth... this is kinda the reason i dont like legacy, really can we not learn to play ATTACKS in our decks... sorry but less than 12-16 attacks in a FIGHTING GAME based Card Game... is beyond retarded... meh, congrats though, someone finally broke Miser.

N.J.

No offence but this type of mindset is the exact reason that UFS is never going to be as successful as it should, it should always be seen as a CARD GAME first and a fighting game second, as you will only ever be able to pull in the niche fighting game market. Yes it is a nice to be able to say that it is a card game based on a fighting game, and has you favourite characters from your favourite franchise, however that is where the comparison should end. If the game ever wants to reach the heights of MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh then you need to be able to play different types of decks otherwise people will become bored of just playing mindless aggro and drop the game for something with a variety of different archtypes. Thus this game needs control, aggro, hybrid, and mill to all be viable deck types and be able to beat each other evenly for the game to be successful. This is the reason that the game is struggling to get back to where it once was in the UK, and this outdated mindset is what needs to change for the game as a whole to continue on into becoming the great game we all know it can be.

Before you ask no I do not feel that control should be the control of old I just feel that it should be feasible in ways that are not just I draw cards and then block your attacks. I also do not feel that control should just be able to play one attack and win but having to run 12 - 16 will ruin the consistency of the deck and as such it should be 8 - 10 for a control deck 12 - 16 for a hybrid deck and 16+ for everything else.

/Rant Over

NJBrock22
05-15-2012, 06:28 AM
no offense taken, we both have our own side on this issue, i just NEVER want us to go back to the Universal FOUNDATION System, i think you guys remember those days... the more we stay away from that the better, and yes i understand the idea behind control... and i'm one of the odd guys that packs 16 attacks(all 3 ccs) in my control Deck(Athena2) but eh, as was stated earlier, you guys over there have a different philosophy on the Game than we do here in the states, same holds true by region here too.

if you want i'm in the chat room for the next hour or so, you can talk to me in there if you think i've disrespected the Briton meta.

N.J.

Nekuro
05-15-2012, 07:02 AM
if you want i'm in the chat room for the next hour or so, you can talk to me in there if you think i've disrespected the British meta.

Fixed.

madeofwin
05-15-2012, 07:10 AM
this is one of the things i've always loved about this game, it has such a nice playerbase :) compared to any other ccg i've played over the years, the ufs players are open to discussion and for the most part are accepting of new and different ideas and viewpoints. i for one would love to try playing in an american metagame at some point (damn gencon being so expensive) just to see how different it is.

Nekuro
05-15-2012, 07:11 AM
I would advise you to use OCTGN then, you can usually find a lot of people willing for a game on the IRC chat.

makingsenseofus
05-15-2012, 07:38 AM
That miser deck makes me hard. No joke, that thing is sexy as hell.

And legacy has generally always been a format of 10 or less attacks. Except for matt kohls/john herr who played the most awesome evil aggro decks at the last worlds. Unfortunately I could do more damage with 1 attack than they could do with however many they threw at me :P yay seichu

madeofwin
05-15-2012, 07:53 AM
the sad thing is the genesis of the miser came from me, i just couldn't find the cards to construct it :( i never expected it to be as nasty as it ended up being, but great respect to lloyd for taking my idea and riding it to victory.

might have a look at octgn, the last time i tried it cocked up my pc for some reason but i reckon its worth a shot now. whats the worst that can happen?

the amazing spider-lloyd
05-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks Baz bud, i'm going to be honest when I first built the Miser deck I had no idea it would be as nasty as it turned out to be either. I'm happy it was though and I appreciate you letting me build it :)

Just remember most of the foundation base was my idea lol ;)