PDA

View Full Version : Gencon Predictions - 2012

dutpotd
07-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Hello again everyone, it's that time again! In exactly one months time, August 19th, we will be well on our way towards crowning our new (or repeating) World Champions with respect to the Standard Singles, Legacy Singles, and Standard Teams category.

Now past any thought of extended (good riddance, and that is from a past winner and someone who still enjoys said format) we are set to have a more precise/well-oiled Gencon competition in 2012!

Last year I did a prediction thread and gave out action card prizes. Well, in actuality I've given out a ton of my action card to anyone and everyone... But, I think when it comes to my next couple cards - asset from US team nats 2010 and character from the most recent US nats 2012 I will be a bit more selective about who I give them too (I don't regret distributing the action in the way I have, I just have very few of it left for myself at the moment lol).

In any case, I want us to predict the following - anyone who gets 6 or more right out of 10 I will send (and sign - now that is a rarity, so those out there signed are definately worth more) a playset of my character for you and a playset of the team asset.

Please predict in this thread the following:

Legacy Singles -

1) Character winner
2) Symbol of one of the top two decks (i.e those in the finals)
3) Participants (if you are within + or - 2 participants of actual entries you got it)

Standard Teams -

1) Most popular/used character
2) Two of the symbols of the winning team (note, if you think two players on the team will be running death for example you can choose Death-Death as your prediction)
3) Participants (if you are within + or - 1 participants of actual entries you got it)

Standard Singles -

1) Either the name of a character that you think will be diversified or a 'NONE' if you feel no character will be diversified this year
2) Character winner
3) Symbol winner
4) Participants (if you are within + or - 3 participants of actual entries you got it)

Let the predictions begin!

- dut

Mekjian
07-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Legacy Singles -

1.) ***Adon***
2.) Fire
3.) 18 Players

Standard Teams -

1.) *Vespera*
2.) Life and Death
3.) 33 Players (11 Teams)

Standard Singles -

1.) *Vespera*
2.) *Allahra*
3.) Life
4.) 71 Players

(Thanks, Garett.)

-Mekjian

Birch
07-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Legacy
Nakaruru
Good
35 players

Team
Vespera
Death and order
60 player 20 teams

Standard
Vespera
Mike Lowe
Life

dutpotd
07-19-2012, 11:29 AM
1.) (I don't completely understand this category. Is it a character that WILL have to be diversified against others of the same name? Or is it a character that will be the only one playing in Standard Singles and will need NO diversity? Or is it either one?)

I've updated the OP, it is a character that you think will be diversified (i.e. two of character X finish in the top and one of them is diversified, I want the name of that character), or if you think no such cases will exist then say NONE.

- dut

dutpotd
07-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Standard
Troung, Mike Lowe, Vespera
Mike Lowe
Life

It's great to know you think 3 characters will suffer diversity this year, but for the purposes of the prediction I need you to choose '1' of the three, i.e. the one you think that is most likely to be diversified will do. Or I will just take your first one for the purposes of seeing how many you get right.

Skull_Knight
07-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Legacy Singles-
1. Dhalsim
2. Death
3. 32

Standard Teams-
1. Truong
2. Good/Void
3. 23

Standard Singles-
1. Truong
2. Omar
3. Chaos
4. 63

Edited because i want to be original

Cetonis
07-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Legacy Singles-
1. Nakoruru
2. Death
3. 34

Standard Teams-
1. Vespera
2. Death/All
3. 23

Standard Singles-
1. Truong
2. Truong
3. Life
4. 74

Quorthon
07-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Legacy Singles -

1.) Hilde
2.) Death
3.) 24 Players

Standard Teams -

1.) Truong
2.) Life and Fire
3.) 36 Players (12 Teams)

Standard Singles -

1.) Truong
2.) Mike Lowe
3.) Life
4.) 64 Players

wafflecopter
07-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Do I have a target on my head yet or what?

Standard Teams -

1) Vespara (main or side)
2) Water and Life
3) 14 teams

Standard Singles -

1) Mike Lowe
2) Mike Lowe
3) Mike L--- I mean, Life
4) 85

PvtChurch
07-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Legacy Singles -

1) Character winner
Miser

Evil

3) Participants (if you are within + or - 2 participants of actual entries you got it)

Standard Teams -

Nehtali

2) Two of the symbols of the winning team (note, if you think two players on the team will be running death for example you can choose Death-Death as your prediction)
Fire/Chaos

3) Participants (if you are within + or - 1 participants of actual entries you got it)

Standard Singles -

1) Either the name of a character that you think will be diversified or a 'NONE' if you feel no character will be diversified this year
Nehtali

2) Character winner
Mike Lowe

3) Symbol winner
Life

4) Participants (if you are within + or - 3 participants of actual entries you got it)

I don't know how right I am on the Nehtali guesses, but she scares me.

Link
07-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Legacy Singles -

1.) Hilde
2.) Good
3.) 20

Standard Teams -

1.) Truong
2.) Life Good
3.) 60 (20 Teams) Tim made a good point. I thought we had less for some reason last year

Standard Singles -

1.) Truong
2.) Mike Lowe
3.) Air
4.) 70

Cetonis
07-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Why are we expecting the teams turnout to drop so dramatically? Weren't there 20 or so last year?

dutpotd
07-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Why are we expecting the teams turnout to drop so dramatically? Weren't there 20 or so last year?

People are just bad at predicting, I bet there will be at the least 16 teams (48 peeps). I think 20 would be ideal.

Archimedes
07-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Legacy Singles

1) Ukyo
2) Evil
3) 20

Standard Teams

1) Vespera
2) Life, Fire
3) 36 players (Twelve teams)

Standard Singles

1) Mike Lowe
2) Truong
3) Life
4) 70

JavelinChimera
07-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Legacy Singles -

1) Nakoruru**
2) Good
3) 25

Standard Teams -

1) Vespera
2) Life, Good
3) 54

Standard Singles -

1) None (Yeah, I said it)
2) Kazuya (why not)
3) Life (2 birds, lol)
4) 70 (bandwagon)

makingsenseofus
07-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Legacy Singles -

1) Character winner
Dhalsim
Death

Standard Teams -

Vespera
Good, Evil
39 (13 teams, someone is getting a bye)

Standard Singles -

Vespera
2) Character winner
Eva
3) Symbol winner
Void

Gotta be optimistic right?

Nfxon
07-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Legacy Singles -

1) Dhalsim
2) Death
3) 25

Standard Teams -

1) Vespera
2) Fire Good
3) 13 Teams

Standard Singles -

1) None if T8 4 if T16
2) Eva
3) Life
4) 60

dutpotd
07-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Gotta be optimistic right?

I think being safe is more like it, except for the Dhalsim part - I will down a whopping spoonful of cinnamon if that gumby man wins again this year.

JavelinChimera
08-22-2012, 05:32 PM
I think I only got 2... :C

Any numbers on participants yet?? Besides Standard anyways

dutpotd
08-22-2012, 05:54 PM
I think I only got 2... :C

Any numbers on participants yet?? Besides Standard anyways

I think we had 17 teams? Sadly only 15 legacy players, but a lot of that was the fact it was so early in the weekend and many just arrived/weren't able to arrive for start.

PvtChurch
08-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Awww, I wanted to vote for Tira:. too, but my friend runs that deck and he told me it wouldn't win :(

dutpotd
08-24-2012, 09:51 AM
I have filled in the results - who got 6 or more right?

Legacy Singles -

1) Character winner - Tira
2) Symbol of one of the top two decks (i.e those in the finals) - Air or Good
3) Participants (if you are within + or - 2 participants of actual entries you got it) - 15

Standard Teams -

1) Most popular/used character - Allahra or Truong
2) Two of the symbols of the winning team (note, if you think two players on the team will be running death for example you can choose Death-Death as your prediction) - Good Air Life
3) Participants (if you are within + or - 1 participants of actual entries you got it) - 17 teams

Standard Singles -

1) Either the name of a character that you think will be diversified or a 'NONE' if you feel no character will be diversified this year - Truong, Skullman, Syrithe, Nehtali, Omar, Allahra, Vincent Grey, and I will accept NONE because noe of these were diversifed out of top 8, just top 16
2) Character winner - Paul Bittner
3) Symbol winner - All
4) Participants (if you are within + or - 3 participants of actual entries you got it) - 60

Let the predictions begin!

- dut

JavelinChimera
08-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Aight, I got 3 if you are accepting "NONE."

Totally brain farted on that one, Didn't quite click for me that herp there'd be a top 16 derp. FOILED BY ATTENDANCE, GAH

dutpotd
08-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Aight, I got 3 if you are accepting "NONE."

Totally brain farted on that one, Didn't quite click for me that herp there'd be a top 16 derp. FOILED BY ATTENDANCE, GAH

I think that you got 4 because your teams gues is only one off, 17X3 = 51, you said 54 = 18 teams.

You are tied, or had the most predictions right I think!