PDA

View Full Version : !!! Punch up at Patriot !!!

the amazing spider-lloyd
07-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi all

Just wanted to let you all know that there will be a tournament at Patriot Games in Sheffield this Sunday! :D

I wanted to take this oppurtunity to invite all of you down for a day of fun, and face smashing ufs goodness :p

Will be starting around 12, prizes for all and as far as i know free entry (i will find out for sure in the morning and post in here). :)

Hope to see you all in the arena
Later buds :)

madeofwin
07-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Yes its free! Come on down and test your might!

Kor'rin
07-28-2012, 12:15 AM
I'd love to be there, but I've got family visiting this weekend - hope you all have a good one!

Kor'rin
07-29-2012, 11:23 AM
How'd things go today?

the amazing spider-lloyd
07-29-2012, 04:19 PM
It wasn't too bad bud, 5 players in total turned up today, we would have liked a few more but hopefully we will get some more next time :)

The turn out and line up was:

1st place - Rob Farley playing Jin,

2nd place - Me playing Super Skull Man 33

3rd place - Justin Parker playing Gabrek,

4th place - Richard Bassindale playing Mike Lowe

5th place - Max Marsh playing Satoshi

I went 1-1 with Rob in round 1, time was called and i lost more vitality than him as he got to play a last turn of smashing me with all of his attacks and got the win even though he didn't actually kill me :( . . . Oh well you can't win them all, and it's always fun playing against Rob :)

I then beat the good Mr Baz in round 2 with a flurry of punches and sacrificing my entire staging area to do it, he had 2 cards in hand at the start of that turn and blocked 4 of my attacks! :( thats Baz for you lol.

Round 3 i played against Justin, i managed to beat him 2-0 but had a hell of a fight on my hands. Gabrek is a pain to try and kill. Fortunately a couple of super fast disguises making my attacks bigger meant i could force enough damage through to leave him on 1 turn 3 (whilst still being 5 h/s). He then dropped me to 4 vitality, i drew some hammer of the gods, stunned his board for game 1. Game 2 went a bit longer, i ended up a 7 h/s and only just managed to kill him by top decking a hammer of the gods off the top of my deck with a hunt for jin, used hammers e, gave it +3 damage and took him down before he crippled me!

There you are a mini-tournament report :) lol

Kor'rin
07-30-2012, 01:41 AM
Good to see Robs deck firing this time - I know he's planning on running it at the Worlds.

I'll try to make it up for the next one if I can.

the amazing spider-lloyd
07-30-2012, 03:02 AM
Lets hope his deck goes off like that at worlds!

Would be good to see you as always Kev :)

ChaosChild
07-30-2012, 04:23 AM
Well, I'll admit I had a double-helping of luck against Justin (my good luck and his bad) but at least I know what I'm doing with the deck now. :D

p.s. I'd had nailed you 2-0 Lloyd if I'd just figured it out one round earlier! :p

the amazing spider-lloyd
07-30-2012, 06:55 AM
p.s. I'd had nailed you 2-0 Lloyd if I'd just figured it out one round earlier! :p

Hahahaha xD you make me laugh Rob, but I reckon I could have taken you bud, Jin just isn't a match for Super Skull Man 33, and i'll prove it to you next time we face off . . . Lol :)

Best of luck at Gencon bud! I'm rooting for ya bud! :)