PDA

View Full Version : the ways of punishment & end of turn effects

jhorphear
08-11-2010, 04:20 PM
hi everyone, i have a two part question.

1. The ways of punishment: it says if your opponent has no cards in hand your combat phase ends. now does it mean that if this ability causes your opponent to have no cards in hand, or any time during the combat phase if your opponent has no cards in hand your combat phase ends ( i.e would making him discard down to 1 and then use another card to make him discard trigger this effect? )

2. for cards that have an effect at the end of your turn ( i.e. at the end of your turn gain 1 vitality ) do these abilities resolve before your foundations are moved to your staging area or after? ( i.e i have two foundations in my card pool that add 1 to vitality at the end of my turn, would they move to my staging area then trigger their end of turn ability, or not?

thanks for your help in advance.

Tagrineth
08-11-2010, 04:26 PM
1. It has to be Ways of Punishment's own ability that lowers them to 0. You can WoP them to 1 and follow it up with another discard-1-card effect.

2. They resolve at the end of your turn, which is at the end of your End Phase, after clearing card pools and all that jazz.

jhorphear
08-11-2010, 04:38 PM
thanks for the quick reply!

Tagrineth
08-11-2010, 10:16 PM
You're welcome! :)

rAn
08-11-2010, 10:34 PM
What if you had TWoP and the old Ultra Rare Sagat. R Commit, Discard 1 momentum: After you resolve an attack, make a control check for that attack again. If successful, your opponent loses vitality equal to the printed damage of the attack and your Combat Phase ends. Does someone have the chance to respond with Sagat after TWoP resolves? I would think the floating effect had to happen first and the Combat Phase would immediately end.

Tagrineth
08-11-2010, 10:37 PM
The floating effect has to resolve first.