PDA

View Full Version : Official Jasco Games Gencon Announcements.

Arch Duke Obvious
08-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Check back here for official Jasco Games Gencon 2012 Announcements throughout the week.

Update 8/14/12

Jasco Games Exhibitor Booth Number: 2021

For the Teams and Legacy tournaments, we would like to have top cuts on the same day of their respective start dates. This is the reason for the earlier start times for these events.

Tournament Start Times
Standard: Saturday (8/18/12) @ 11am. Cost $8
Teams: Friday (8/17/12) @ 11am. Cost $8
Legacy: Thursday (8/16/12) @ 12pm. Cost $8

Update 8/18/12

Legacy
Finals:
David "Sketch" Wagoner: Tira3
Garret "Dutpotd" Brett: Nakoruru

Champion: David Wagoner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teams Champion: Team WMCOM (When the moon comes over the mountain)...
Team:
Garett Brett: Amy
Aj Murray: Mike Lowe
Kirk Polka: Truong

Standard

Participants: 60

Top 16: Starts at 8 am on Sunday

1. Keenan Meadows: Truong
2. Garret Brett: Eva
3. Tim Keefe: Kazuya
4. Garrison Bunnell: Syrithe
5. Paul Bitner: Paul Bitner
6. Jeremy Ray: Super Skull Man 33
7. Mike Lowe: Satoshi
8. Phil Birch: Vespera
9. Dave Wagner: Tira
10. Keith Disbro: Allahra
11. Matthew Turner: Mei Lien
12. Jeffrey Kahn: Omar
13. Amy Torres: Nehtali
14. Alex Marco: Vincent Grey
15. Matt Childress: Jin
16. Joseph Atchison: Jonathan Herr

Diversified:
1. (9) Kirk Polka: Truong
2. (10) Joshua Kroswerk: Super Skull Man 33
3. (11) Ben Lambright: Syrithe
4. (18) Matthew Maffeii: Nehtali
5. (19) Bryan Reandeau: Truong
6. (21) Brian Harris: Omar
7. (22) Ryan Field: Allahra
8. (23) Shelby Krause: Vincent Grey

Update 8/20/12

Standard

Top 8:

1. Garret Brett: Eva
2. Tim Keefe: Kazuya
3. Garrison Bunnell: Syrithe
4. Paul Bitner: Paul Bitner
5. Jeremy Ray: Super Skull Man 33
6. Phil Birch: Vespera
7. Keith Disbro: Allahra
8. Joseph Atchison: Jonathan Herr

Top 4:

1. Garret Brett: Eva
2. Garrison Bunnell: Syrithe
3. Paul Bitner: Paul Bitner
4. Keith Disbro: Allahra

Top 2:

1. Garrison Bunnell: Syrithe
2. Paul Bitner: Paul Bitner

Standard Champion:
Paul Bitner

Grizzlegrom
08-15-2012, 02:52 AM
Sounds like a great idea to have top cuts done the same day! :)

HypeMan!
08-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Challenge accepted.

Arch Duke Obvious
08-19-2012, 05:17 AM
Updates to the primary post:

Legacy Champion Posted
Teams Champion Posted
Standard Swiss Results Posted
Standard Top Cuts Sunday Start time posted

PvtChurch
08-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Which Nehtali is it in the top cuts, Starter or Rare?

Grizzlegrom
08-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Which Nehtali is it in the top cuts, Starter or Rare?

starter

PvtChurch
08-19-2012, 08:27 AM
starter

Awww, I hate dat wench, she dominates our playgroup! It also scares me how there are 4 angels listed here, including the diversity.

Doji_Mike
08-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Any update on this really wanna know what happened lol

Grizzlegrom
08-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Paul bitner wins with Paul bitner

Doji_Mike
08-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Interesting can't wait to see how the brackets breakdown overall who was the other finalist?

Grizzlegrom
08-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Garison playing angels

Paul played both angels in a row in top cuts

Doji_Mike
08-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the info Kirk :)

Shinji Mimura
08-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Oh snap, Paul Bittner has uses?

Welp, back to the database then :3

JavelinChimera
08-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Good gosh damn, talk about running the Angel gauntlet.

I've always thought Paul's card had some potential, I'm curious to see the build of this as well. At least the winning Legacy and Standard singles decks were interesting :P

Grizzlegrom
08-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Good gosh damn, talk about running the Angel gauntlet.

I've always thought Paul's card had some potential, I'm curious to see the build of this as well. At least the winning Legacy and Standard singles decks were interesting :P

28 attack truong in a 59 card deck is pretty amazing that kills you going second :p also Ajs Air Mike Lowe was amazing and Garett's Amy deck was great :)

Actually Paul Bitner did run the gauntlet he beat skull man then two angels in a row to win. :p

JavelinChimera
08-19-2012, 09:58 PM
ahaha, I know they are GREAT, that's why they aren't interesting :p Win with your card too, and I'll find it interesting, muahahaha

Also, DAYUM, Amy made top cuts! Stepped that **** up from the ATL PTC, no more complaining about getting last place all the time, lol.

Grizzlegrom
08-19-2012, 10:03 PM
ahaha, I know they are GREAT, that's why they aren't interesting :p Win with your card too, and I'll find it interesting, muahahaha

Also, DAYUM, Amy made top cuts! Stepped that **** up from the ATL PTC, no more complaining about getting last place all the time, lol.

My character can't beat Truong so that's why I played him lol :p

JavelinChimera
08-19-2012, 10:04 PM
You have to BELIEVE, Kirk-

No Kohls? No Olexa? No Rockstar?? What happened in this crazy standard

RockStar
08-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Kohls was a bystander this event. Olexa and I, unfortunately, had one of those tournaments where it didn't matter if we played well our not, as our match ups were generally against very good players playing decks that were 'hard counters' to our own. At least, that's what happened to me. For example, my 3rd round was against eventual champ, Paul B. Had him down to 2 vit, but couldn't seal the deal. I DID get to be his team mate the day before, however, and had the pleasure of filming a post-championship interview w him for Jasco (stay tuned for that one).

So, in the illustrious words of Dr Claw: Next time, Gadget! Next time.....!

Grizzlegrom
08-19-2012, 10:33 PM
You have to BELIEVE, Kirk-

No Kohls? No Olexa? No Rockstar?? What happened in this crazy standard

I have built probably at least 20 Kirk Polka decks and none could beat Truong consistently so perhaps I sold out for worlds :p but at least I had fun :)

JavelinChimera
08-19-2012, 11:22 PM
So, in the illustrious words of Dr Claw: Next time, Gadget! Next time.....!

I have built probably at least 20 Kirk Polka decks and none could beat Truong consistently so perhaps I sold out for worlds :p but at least I had fun :)

Like, Thumbs Up, +1, retweet #ILoveUFS

failed2k
08-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Home safe and sound

Second in Teams fronting Water Kilik with Andrew Olexa - Fire Cassie, and Keith Disbro - Life Allhara.

Fifth in Singles with All Super Skull Man.

I'll try to post a report for both, but im a little brain fried currently from a long drive and hopefully the huge gaps in my memory refill.

JavelinChimera
08-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Water Kilik you say...?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIfOjkB17BA

Shinji Mimura
08-20-2012, 02:50 AM
Did Goo show up? Does he even play? I miss that clown :/

madeofwin
08-20-2012, 08:32 AM
congratulations to all our new champions :) really looking forward to seeing reports/decklists etc.

just wondering when people will be back in the office at jascos?

jp_status
08-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Did Goo show up? Does he even play? I miss that clown :/

oh yes he did show up...and yes he did play....and I believe he has found his mojo again and will attend next year again, but well prepped this time...I know this cuz i drove his punk arse over there :D

Arch Duke Obvious
08-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Updated with Standard top cuts results. Congrats to Paul Bitner, the new world champion!

Cetonis
08-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Hmm what happened with the top cut pairings there? They make zero sense no matter how you look at it. If there was reseeding after every round, the two angel decks should have been swapped. (Largely irrelevant being they were more or less the same deck, but it would be nice to avoid crazy pairing screwups in the future)

Birch
08-20-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm with Tim I'm not sure how I played against Keith in top 8 if we were 6-7 that makes no sense at all.

Quorthon
08-20-2012, 11:51 AM
How many people played in legacy?

Shinji Mimura
08-20-2012, 02:29 PM
So I'm going to be that guy...

Teams was won by 3 7-hand characters
Worlds was won by a 7-hand character

u mad, low handsize non-angel characters?

dutpotd
08-20-2012, 02:42 PM

Most all decks built by your's truly? Maybe you need to look for more appropriate coincidences and learn to think beyond the stats on character cards :)

Trip Se7ens
08-20-2012, 02:45 PM
So... ban Garret. Solves all our problems. :D

Cetonis
08-20-2012, 02:51 PM

Nope. Only one of the three other 5-6HS in top 8 were eliminated by 7HS. Other two got Omnom'd. And if you're going to not count Angels, you shouldn't count Truong/Slice decks either.

dutpotd
08-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Nope. Only one of the three other 5-6HS in top 8 were eliminated by 7HS. Other two got Omnom'd. And if you're going to not count Angels, you shouldn't count Truong/Slice decks either.

Hehe, just be glad I built a deck with specifically strong matchups against the Angels and to a slightly less extent Truong for Paul. One of my many - can't let angels win - preventative measures that I came up with when lyricing up my take on Omnom.

jason
08-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Hmm what happened with the top cut pairings there? They make zero sense no matter how you look at it. If there was reseeding after every round, the two angel decks should have been swapped. (Largely irrelevant being they were more or less the same deck, but it would be nice to avoid crazy pairing screwups in the future)

Not sure if what we posted up here is correct, since the parings were not on this computer. We were just trying to remember for the forum post.

Shinji Mimura
08-20-2012, 05:08 PM
most all decks built by your's truly? Maybe you need to look for more appropriate coincidences and learn to think beyond the stats on character cards :)

you didn't put your faith in amy! Your lack of character loyalty betraaaaaays youuuuuu!

dutpotd
08-20-2012, 05:50 PM
you didn't put your faith in amy! Your lack of character loyalty betraaaaaays youuuuuu!

I'll explain all in my report. But to summarize I retired Amy because, as testing and then practical games proved, she was about to get blown up hard by angel decks if I played her. Harder than Eva/Truong that at least had a chance (see race). I retired her with a 13-0-6 undefeated record (including US nats teams, singles, and Gencon teams).

Truth be told she was done for at the hands of one of the Angel agents, the esteemed Keith D, when Kirk and AJ saved me the disgrace to her record and announced their victories over Olexa and J Ray in teams finals!!! More truth she was also done for, at least game 1, to the hands of another Angel agent, the also esteemed Sean Don't (... recall his last name immediately lol), in an earlier round when she was saved from losing it and playing the rest by Kirk and AJ announcing their defeat to Kevin B and Christine O (so obviously Sean's is O but I won't change it, more lol).

JavelinChimera
08-20-2012, 08:38 PM
So... ban Garret. Solves all our problems. :D

Garett is OP, nerf in production.
Also DAMMIT DUT I want to seeee the Bittner techhh!

dutpotd
08-22-2012, 02:06 PM

I see/think the same thing. Not that largely irrelevant, my deck had a far better matchup against Keith because he didn't have as many angels in it for the burn enhance!!! Also, I would have played better against him because I wanted revenge for teams.

Oh well. It's not like every chance the computer gets it kicks me with bad matchups... <sarcasm>

Nisyr
08-22-2012, 02:08 PM
I see/think the same thing. Not that largely irrelevant, my deck had a far better matchup against Keith because he didn't have as many angels in it for the burn enhance!!! Also, I would have played better against him because I wanted revenge for teams.

Oh well. It's not like every chance the computer gets it kicks me with bad matchups... <sarcasm>

We'll get our rematch one day. :D