PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to David Wagoner, 2012 Legacy World Champion!

ATLDrew
08-16-2012, 07:47 PM
David "Sketch" Wagoner (Air Tira3) defeats Garret "Dutpotd" Brett (Nakoruru) in the finals of Legacy Worlds to win this year's Legacy World Championship! Congrats buddy!

ScottGaines
08-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Awesome. Def wanna see the deck list. Congrats pimpin

Trip Se7ens
08-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Another ATL sweep in the making?

JavelinChimera
08-16-2012, 09:04 PM
I gots to root for ATL since no one from here is at Gencon-

Also Drew, you should totally update your Accomplishments in your signature bro :p

NJBrock22
08-16-2012, 09:10 PM
awww... i thought he was running that ole Air Mina deck... but wow... Tira still is dumb it looks like; Also... Ruru vs Tira... pretty Sure Tira wins that matchup as she's never commited for more than 1 attack...

N.J.

JavelinChimera
08-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Nak may not be able to shut down Tira like most characters, but Tira is still down a handsize and playing Air, so I'm very curious as to the build of this winning deck... Sure, you can make every attack impossible to full block, but still.

ATLPiglet
08-17-2012, 05:40 AM
3 Peat!!!!!

Cetonis
08-17-2012, 06:04 AM
It was pretty much a legacy-modified version of his standard deck- roughly the same attack base but with much better foundations. Attacks that don't rely enhances to be a threat (or better yet don't have an enhance step at all) can be a pretty solid plan in this format.

Remainder of the top 4 was Garett and Keenan with their usual Ruru and Dhalsim, (Dave's Fight for the Futures served as a rare hard counter to that ridiculous Dhalsim deck) and Danny Fung with an Ashura Senku Ryu deck.

PvtChurch
08-17-2012, 07:06 AM
I am interested in finding out about this Ryu. I happen to have an Ashura Senku Ryu myself, and I used it last night to demonstrate to a new player how uncool Legacy is compared to Standard. Which Ryu did he use?

Quorthon
08-17-2012, 07:24 AM
I gave up on the RAS deck after the banning of Vast Resources. It seems the deck it is still playable.

It's also nice to see some Legacy version of a Standard archetype.

Congrats to Sketch for the Championship!

ScottGaines
08-17-2012, 08:51 AM
dude that ryu deck was one of my few losses on my run to 2nd place in legacy worlds 2010. it runs rat chaser, the zangief throw where you draw your handsize basically and tons of other draw ones and twos. it's nuts. void control and hand refill etc. nastiness

Shinji Mimura
08-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Ugh...Nakoruru. That card has scarred my memories. What's even funnier is that one of the few times I overcame that b--ch was with promo Tira (albeit, off Evil).

Good stuff to top 8

DabalRowRaizah
08-19-2012, 10:14 PM
dude that ryu deck was one of my few losses on my run to 2nd place in legacy worlds 2010. it runs rat chaser, the zangief throw where you draw your handsize basically and tons of other draw ones and twos. it's nuts. void control and hand refill etc. nastiness

yeah it's the same deck i've been top 8ing in legacy for a while just half of it got banned so i threw in some other gimmicks.

ryu:::+unorthodox style=set up
ras+body press+rat chaser (and occasionally hesitation)=kill

other than that its void control and life gain shenanigans.

also how is nakoruru still legal?

HypeMan!
08-20-2012, 11:13 AM
I love that Ryu deck so much.

dutpotd
08-20-2012, 03:11 PM
David "Sketch" Wagoner (Air Tira3) defeats Garret "Dutpotd" Brett (Nakoruru) in the finals of Legacy Worlds to win this year's Legacy World Championship! Congrats buddy!

Indeed, he earned it!!!

I had game 1 and him 1 foundation to my 7 and asset in game 2 and he perservered to somehow pass a :):):):) ton of attacks and win that and then game 3 after I finally started hitting my 1 checks on the day lol. I will post a full report so get your reading glasses ready!