PDA

View Full Version : GenCon 2012, Legacy: The Hype Rises

HypeMan!
08-22-2012, 11:29 PM
GenCon. I effin love GenCon. Listing how much I love GenCon would turn into half drunk ramblings that would take to much time to write and read, but let's just jump right in.

After arriving in Indy Wednesday, I like to ease into things, not worry about decks, play something that's been built for a while, and get my head in the game. What better way than Legacy!?? I love Legacy, it must be a southern thing, but there's no other way I would start the weekend. First off, I never go into Legacy trying to win. Not really hard at least, legacy is about being trolled, laughing your ass off, and having fun. I use it to get the major flub ups out my system. Sporting my signature legacy funniness from a trick Aslum found with our main man Mitsurugi. My deck does something silly some of the time, while decks that win legacy do silly things constantly. My silly is Infinite Speed Rugi off the combo of Mitsurugi:.: and Inhuman Speed. There's a lot of rampant Legacy cards that neuter the combo hard core, but when it goes off everyone has a great laugh. LET'S GO OOFS!!

Now let me take a look in my handy dandy (makingsenseofus special) note book and walk down memory lane.

Getting in Wednesday I meet up with the Canadian Destory Danny Fung and screw around with our legacy decks in the hotel room that night. His Ryu deck amuses the hell out of me, sorry it didn't get farther in Legacy, but it deserved more mention. RAS works in glorious fashion.

Next day, I was hot and ready, bright and early, could barely sit through deck reg hour...

Round 1 FIGHT: Sketch

As you might know, this is happens to be the Legacy champ. O what might have been if things had gone differently, but ce la vie. All I have written down is "Game one, Segaki -6, Segaki -6, Sovereign Glory -4, Sovereign Glory -7." I got rocked and couldn't get my loop off. Game 2 I get 14 damage on him off the bat, off what I don't know, but I get to Game 3 unscathed. G3 gets tight, really tight, I mean sexual innuendo tight. Thought probably not. 3 Shin Slice Feints in a row at infinite speed, but I just couldn't seal the deal before I get Conc Blast and Segaki to the gorgeous grill. 0 - 1

Next is Jray, my old nemesis and GenCon roomie, who last year seasoned me with salt over accidentally realizing American Made makes my speed printed during block. We go back and forth game one, but his life gain out paces my damage and I just can't block worth a damn. I think I have the jump on him Game 2 but that doesn't happen lol. 0 - 2 and I'm all giggles.

Round 3 my notes get crappy. Some 28 vitality character and I'm clueless as to when this was. I can only imagine that I was so mentally raped that by this point I was a drooling idiot, as legacy can do to even the strongest minds. Life continues to troll me and apparently I fought something with vit gain, o joy. Rock bottom is fast approaching mah face. We're 0 and 3. Please hey-zeus do not let this weekend go the same.

End of Legacy I sit across from what's becoming a tradition. Me being a bad influence on Simon and us just being laughing idiots and enjoying seeing who is the free-est. (hint, usually me and my gimmicks.) I wouldn't end it any other way.

BONUS:

Non Legacy stuffs: Didn't do teams this year, I like having an off day of not just cards, but after picking up some MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK THE CARD GAME for like a dollar a starter deck, Danny and I screwed around to learn the game and play a few matches. Pharaoh Man blows me up bad. It was amusing.

DabalRowRaizah
08-22-2012, 11:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dSJN5LgsE

it was awesome hanging out with you this weekend. thanks for driving my butt around :P

but seriously. if we ever play each other in a tourney we are busting out the megaman cards lol.

UnRaccoon
08-23-2012, 01:41 AM
haha thanks for sharing. Gave me a good laugh.

HypeMan!
08-23-2012, 09:05 AM
I aim to please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dSJN5LgsE

it was awesome hanging out with you this weekend. thanks for driving my butt around :P

but seriously. if we ever play each other in a tourney we are busting out the megaman cards lol.

That's the best way to start the morning LOL.

Any time dude, thanks for getting me some floor space Wednesday.