PDA

View Full Version : What are you expecting to see?

Nemesis
08-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi there fellow UK UFS players

I was curious to hear what people are expecting to see at UK Nationals 2012.

Let the discussion begin..

Michael
08-29-2012, 07:00 PM
The whole tourney overshadowed by Canada nats which is happening the same days??
SUPER mad tech
ross winning a 4th asset (not actually by playing tho i think theres just some legislation that states he has to be on it)
Im expecitng mostly 6hs in top 8 and if wind/all doesnt win ill be very surprised.
Im hoping not too much kof stuff as a month and a half i feel isnt really enough time to playtest stuff we dont even have yet that been said anyone who can aquire the cards they need in particular assets and foundations will have a big advantage methinks.
Im expecting to see a vespera, aand a xianghua in t8 (theyre the only ones i feel cofortable guessing)
Im predicting doncaster wont come last this year (we'll settle for anything but)
and finally this time 'pigs really will fly'

Kor'rin
08-30-2012, 01:46 AM
The fact it's the same weekend isn't an issue - it just means there's no real chance of US\Canadian players coming over. It's also far better than it being immediately before as there'll be no "ooo, I'll net deck that" issues :)

I'm hoping for a great turnout - a lot of the older players are coming back, so I'd like to think we'll top last years numbers and be pushing 30+ players.

It's not looking like KoF will be released in time for the event, so we pretty much know the cardpool now that the promos have been released. I'm suspecting several of the new characters will make an appearance, and I'm guessing Mai will do pretty well if someone can get hold of all the necessary promos in time!

Agreed on Xia - someone will run her I'm guessing. I'm also expecting to see some off the wall characters being played.

Kev

Michael
08-30-2012, 02:43 AM
i reckon we'll get the promo packs like the week before or summet. I know terry will be there one of our players will be running him. and no netdecking...gah what to do lol (altho ill be very shocked if we dont see a virtual copy of garetts amy deck, just a feeling av got not that im cared as if it does appear he wont be running it)
i wouldnt be surprised if we saw someone get diversified running xia. she is pretty boss now bieng the only one to be able to rock playful.
Ill be fine as long as theres no mitsirugi in the tourney, man last year i had to play him twice in a row in swiss then tops it wasnt fun to get t2 dragon lifter 5 games. it leaves a guy with issues man 'headtwitch' i reckon we'll see non foil kyo there as he's awsome hes essentially jin but doesnt need to have multiple copies out.
i believe there will be at least a couple of weapon decks in t8 just cos superior tech is mad good if yav got em run em (unless your not using that syumbol)

Doji_Mike
08-30-2012, 05:13 AM
Just so everyone knows Baz rang Jason last night and I can confirm that promo packs are already on their way to the UK

Kor'rin
08-30-2012, 05:44 AM
Mike - that's great news. Should have them for the next Chimera event then!

Michael
08-30-2012, 06:32 AM
Need roses piano. My side was gona be 4 of them and 4 enki labs lol

CrazyElf
09-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Net decking wont really work from as the uk meta is different to americas, what is good in one may not be in the other, that and decks are based around peoples play still which everyone is different even if slightly, plus it feels better iff you do well with a creation of your own.

Grizzlegrom
09-05-2012, 02:47 PM
i reckon we'll get the promo packs like the week before or summet. I know terry will be there one of our players will be running him. and no netdecking...gah what to do lol (altho ill be very shocked if we dont see a virtual copy of garetts amy deck, just a feeling av got not that im cared as if it does appear he wont be running it)
i wouldnt be surprised if we saw someone get diversified running xia. she is pretty boss now bieng the only one to be able to rock playful.
Ill be fine as long as theres no mitsirugi in the tourney, man last year i had to play him twice in a row in swiss then tops it wasnt fun to get t2 dragon lifter 5 games. it leaves a guy with issues man 'headtwitch' i reckon we'll see non foil kyo there as he's awsome hes essentially jin but doesnt need to have multiple copies out.
i believe there will be at least a couple of weapon decks in t8 just cos superior tech is mad good if yav got em run em (unless your not using that syumbol)

If mitsu is a problem run orochi power then you can show mitsu what's up ;) lol