PDA

View Full Version : Standard? Extended? Legacy?

jasonahurley
08-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I can't seem to find what sets are legal in each format. I know it has to do with the shuriken watermark, but I was wondering if there was just a list of "this set is standard, this one is legacy, etc."

aslum
08-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Everything = Legacy
4 & 5 Shurikan Mark = Extended
5 Shurikan Mark = Standard

Tagrineth
08-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Sorta general list of what watermarks are where...

Sets 1-3: No shuriken
Sets 4-6 and half of 7: Three point shuriken
Sets 8-11 and half of 7: Four point shuriken (extended)
Sets 12-14: Five point shuriken (Standard & extended)

jasonahurley
08-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Okay, total noob here. What do you mean by Sets 12-14? I see 26 different sets. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tagrineth
08-13-2010, 03:36 PM
The sets were released in pairs. Let's see if I can remember all the set names from memory:

Set 1: Street Fighter and Soul Calibur
Set 2: SF: World Warriors and SC: Tale of Swords & Souls
Set 3: SF: The Next Level and SNK/King of Fighters
Set 4: SF: The Dark Path and SC: Soul Arena
Set 5: SF: Extreme Rivals and SC: Blades of Fury
Set 6: SC: Higher Calibur and SNK: Fortune and Glory
Set 7: SF: Fight for the Future and Darkstalkers (HALF EXTENDED HALF LEGACY)
Set 8: SF: Domination and SNK: Cutting Edge (ALL-EXTENDED CUTOFF POINT minus a single card)
Set 9: SF: Deadly Ground and DS: Realm of Midnight
Set 10: SC: Flash of the Blades and SNK: King of Fighters
Set 11: SF: Warrior's Dream and SNK: Flames of Fame
Set 12: SCIV: Tower of Souls and ShadoWar (STANDARD CUTOFF POINT)
Set 13: Tekken6
Set 14: SCIV: Quest of Souls

jasonahurley
08-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Very cool, thanks so much. I run a card shop, and I'm trying to get some interest in the game started in my community. I think I'm going to try to get my players focused on Standard at first, and maybe work toward traveling to a PTC stop if one's close. Thanks, again.

michel3105
08-14-2010, 02:47 AM
What do you think about a tournament format like a sort of Consistent Legacy? That is, a Legacy where deck's cards must come from a certain rotated set, and only from that set.
That would limit the broken synergies between cards belonging to different sets, I suppose...

Tagrineth
08-14-2010, 03:28 AM
What do you think about a tournament format like a sort of Consistent Legacy? That is, a Legacy where deck's cards must come from a certain rotated set, and only from that set.
That would limit the broken synergies between cards belonging to different sets, I suppose...

You'd still have situations like playing *Yun-Seong* and your opponent better hope they're a Fortune and Glory/Higher Calibur deck or they lose

michel3105
08-16-2010, 04:26 AM
How comes Fight for the Future and Darkstalkers are half 3 point, half 4 point shuriken?
What happened when a player got, say, a Gill charachter (3 point) with a Gill card with 4 points?

KodiakZero
08-16-2010, 05:57 AM
How comes Fight for the Future and Darkstalkers are half 3 point, half 4 point shuriken?
What happened when a player got, say, a Gill charachter (3 point) with a Gill card with 4 points?

Some sets were like that. They were introducing the 4-point's then because the 3-points were going to be cycled soon after. Before the cycle, both 3 and 4 point cards were allowed to be used in standard.

Erik Markarian
08-16-2010, 02:56 PM
It would also be helpful if there was a list of what reprinted cards are also currently legal. I remember seeing a list somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. :(

Captain Punky
08-26-2010, 08:01 AM
I second that.

Cursed Blood
The card that says you can't draw cards, some foundation, don't remember the name.
Power of the Edge
Mark of the Beast??
Martial arts Champ??

????

rAn
08-26-2010, 08:25 AM
The Reprinted Cards are :

Cursed Blood
Close Throw
Martial Arts Champion
Mark of the Beast
Power of the Edge

Captain Punky
08-26-2010, 09:43 AM
Mark of the Beast will immediately go into my Amy deck!!!!! Thank god, multiples hurt it badly. Close Throw, perfect for my Life Tira deck.

Erik Markarian
08-29-2010, 10:02 PM
The Reprinted Cards are :

Cursed Blood
Close Throw
Martial Arts Champion
Mark of the Beast
Power of the EdgeCool thanks! :)