PDA

View Full Version : kill conditions in void....

Da_ghetto_gamer
08-15-2010, 12:10 AM
What do you guys think? Are there any if the character your playing doesnt have any offensive capabilities at all? I could probably sit and tank for a while so time isnt really an issue i just am trying to figure out some options and im not coming across much and was wondering if there is anything im over looking...

KodiakZero
08-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Umm Standard or Legacy/Extended? Spinning Beat/Tiamat's Rampage for Legacy/Extended, and Curse of the Ancient Mariner, Shockwave Palm, and Dark Geo Da Ray could classify as finishers. Big beats would be Ice Pick and Nimbus

JinKazama
08-15-2010, 12:21 AM
u could flingin half nelson... but y.Try legacy

Big beats would be Ice Pick and Nimbus

Ice pick sucks.
Nimbus however is pretty good, void has only chasing after the power to pump checks though. I think I'd go wit deathcopter as a finisher in Void, dunno of much void damage pump.

On a side note wtf does void do.

Da_ghetto_gamer
08-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Yeah thats my fault i should have made that more clear i was talking in standard.

Curse of the Ancient mariner is good and all but i dont really have any kind of momentum gen....same with Dark geodude Shockwave palm is good but i would need attacks to back it up as its only 4 damage....

The decks for my friend we both started back when the first set came out and he was a huge void player back then....hes kept with the game somewhat over the years but hasnt really played to much recently and is now thinking about getting back in and insists on running void again....but doesnt want to play king(which is what i suggested) because its being done all over the place

Half nelson seems pretty good though i might have to try something with that....

SMazzurco
08-15-2010, 02:06 AM
u could flingin half nelson... but y.Try legacy

void has only chasing after the power to pump checks though.

It also has wild storm, acheron and nirvana, and sailors rest

Tagrineth
08-15-2010, 02:50 AM
I run a Void Lizardman* deck that runs an all-Low attack lineup (except Alaraph Achernar because it's THAT GOOD) with Crawling Stance, because Spinning Demon

Da_ghetto_gamer
08-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Yeah I thought about lizardman to but he didn't luke that idea because it too predictable...

I'm starting to come up with an idea for a nina deck running half nelsons since I can make them check well for it's enhance then hopefully make them check bad on the block

SMazzurco
08-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Our scout runs that deck. With test of strength added since you can fix your opponents checks.

Flinging + combo E + test of strength + test of strength = ouch

Hatman
08-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Flinging Half Nelson
Curse of the Ancient Mariner

Only two ones I can think of, possibly Shockwave Palm if you can make it work, but not as good as the other two.

vaporgecko
08-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Nina with Half Nelsons and Test of Strength like SMazzurco said.

Yoshimitsu with Mt. Devil Dividers and Nimbus. It'll strip the hand and let you start slapping for raw damage. You could use Lower Celtis to help boost the check on Nimbus. This coupled with Yoshimitsu (asset) for extra burn has yielded a number of no-win situations for my opponents.

Really the trick is to strip your opponent of blocks, and then throw massive damage at them. Void has a lot of big damage punches like Shadow Flare and Nimbus. Void also has access the same throw line-up that Earth loves to fling all over the place. Unfortunately there's little chance of Void throwing down a one turn kill.

The Hurricane
08-15-2010, 06:06 PM
I built the Nina + Flinging Nelson + Test of Strength deck for our scout, and that is I think the most viable kill condition in void. Rigging checks so you know you will get massive damage = cheat code. It isnt turn 2 fast but will consistantly kill turn 3, probably about 85-90% of the time.

I agree with vaporgecko though. Yoshi is insane with Devil Dividers and Death Copters. Divider and Heir to the Storm FTW.

Da_ghetto_gamer
08-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah I'm aware of that I'm really not asking for a one turn kill I've got body of souls to recur my throws for the next turn

I'm leaning towards a void/death hybid deck too so I can get alot more control in as well like PotE and cursed blood I'll post it when I get it built and you guys can tell me what you think

I appriciate all the help

ATLDrew
08-16-2010, 10:46 AM
My favorite kill in death has been Body of Souls to recur whatever broken attack you want lol. I played Lizardman for a while and, while the deck is predictable, it doesnt matter. When your opponent swings on you, gets a card pitched for War Between Sisters, then gets Wipe the Floor's on their turn, they really won't have many answers to Liz. My old build ran the usual low suite with like Spinning Demons, Rolling Revenges, WTF, and King's Reverse DDT. Against a lot of decks I could just wall up and recur ddt for the rest of the game with Body of Souls. You just gotta understand that Void in Standard has very few explosive win conditions. It's not like legacy where you can kill someone with Seichi turn 2 or 3. You have to play the long game.

Sato Arashi
08-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Void doesn't really have a solid finisher as attacks aren't the main basis of Void. However Body of Souls does the trick in recurring attacks, especially throws. I cannot tell you how bad it can hurt when you have two Body of Souls, an Enemies now Friends, and two Malikis. Use the Body of Souls to get them back, play the first one and use EnF on it, then play the second one. 14 points of damage there but the max is 16 (two EnF) and the min is 7. Either way, you just do the same thing over and over.