PDA

View Full Version : CanNats 2012. The Year of the Birch.

Birch
10-16-2012, 02:23 PM
So CanNats 2012 was the most exhausting time i have ever had. 10 Hours there and back broken up over 4 days had me literally drained by the end of it. All in all it was a super fun time. 5 Rounds of swiss and top cuts later I am sitting as the new champ. It feels good to know my hard work has paid off and to know I had the best deck there. Thanks for everyone that believed in me. Here's the video of my Tournament I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hDKfaz1srE&feature=plcp

Hatman
10-16-2012, 02:49 PM
As I said before you left (and if I missed you I am terribly sorry), it was great having you come out and I guess it's gotta be even greater for you considering you won the whole shebang.

Birch
10-16-2012, 03:05 PM
It was an awesome event and you guys from Montreal did a great job.

The Hurricane
10-16-2012, 03:25 PM
I <3 you Phil Birch. Congratz man. I told you it was gonna be one of us. ;)

Grizzlegrom
10-16-2012, 04:40 PM
I <3 you Phil Birch. Congratz man. I told you it was gonna be one of us. ;)

Amazing work Phil Birch way to prove me wrong about Vespera but honestly she probably had very little to do with the win ;) lol

I am still shocked Jeremy didnt top 8

dutpotd
10-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Very nice, I will put more detailed thoughts in my report but suffice it to say the answer to your question is, 'yes, you are now at the big kids table'. Let's see if you can keep up with what we eat though!

- dut

wafflecopter
10-16-2012, 11:56 PM
'yes, you are now at the big kids table'. Let's see if you can keep up with what we eat though!

If being on cardboard means eating at the big kids table, I think our win in Teams means you're going to need a much bigger table

(because in Rochester, we eat everything)

HypeMan!
10-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Good deal. I need something to watch before bed ;)

Nfxon
10-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Grats on your win.
Btw its there not their.
And let the evil spider hooker run free now!!!

dutpotd
10-17-2012, 10:07 AM
If being on cardboard means eating at the big kids table, I think our win in Teams means you're going to need a much bigger table

(because in Rochester, we eat everything)

Nope, not just cardboard. But yeah, you guys were already at the big kids table, because the little kids table never had enough food for Rochester in the first place :)

To add some context to this... The first time I 'met' Birch, or talked a significant deal with him, was Vegas this year for US nats and it was hilarious because everytime I said something to or about him it came out wrong and sounded like a huge insult (I have a knack for this, apparantly when it comes to Birch). Later in the weekend I even said something to the extent of 'he's not even at the big kids table yet' playing on his boyish good looks and lack of 'wins' yet.

I thought it was only one of the many funny things I said to/about the Birch that weekend but it is the one that stuck :)

Birch
10-17-2012, 10:21 AM
The best was when andrew jeremy and myself were all around you and you said "Well at least we all made top cuts." That was the burn to end all burns.

SLAM!
10-20-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't think Phil can murder a dozen chili cheese onion dogs though.

Link
10-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Hey Phil Birch... In the video you mention that your title.... You know you're not the UK National Champion right? lol

Birch
10-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Eh whatever.