PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Control deck for Standard?

HypeMan!
08-15-2010, 08:47 PM
So, with all the talk about Hilde being broken, blah blah blah, I want to make a deck to just control her face off or at the very least stop her from working off just 1 attack, and hopefully be able to control other decks too.

I've settled on Rashotep, but I honestly haven't really built a deck in like... 2 years. Last GenCon was a thrown together deck the night or so before after being out of it for a year and trying to anti meta and not build on what I've done before, and this year I just borrowed a deck 20 minutes before Singles.

I'm thinking Death, seems to have some nice control pieces and better kill ability then Void and more control then Earth, but since I don't have any Tekken or the last SCIV, it's a guess at best.

(PS: I'm posting here since I consider this discussion and talk about control, when I build a deck I'll put it in Deck Building)

Ok so I'm just going to make a list of stuff under each symbol and figure it out later :P

Death:

ka technique
Dead for Thousands of Years
Ancient Burial Site
Nina.
Cold and Indiferent
Proficient Sniper
Valued but not Trusted

Void:

Ka technique
Ancient Burial Site
Nina.
Cold and Indiferent
Proficient Sniper
Valued but not Trusted

Earth:

ka technique
Torn Hero
Memories of a Nightmare
Paid to Protect
Ancient Burial Site
Valued but not Trusted

JinKazama
08-15-2010, 08:57 PM
earth actually does have sum pretty good control cards. rashotep gives you ka technique and dead for thousands of years, sigfried gives you torn hero and memories of a nightmare. paid to protect and ancient burial site also add sum control.

RockStar
08-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Uhm...Nina + Cold and Indifferent + Proficient Sniper would be a very difficult match up vs Hilde, methinks.

LuchaHeroAl
08-15-2010, 09:33 PM
I have a Death Nina deck that I've wanted to test against Andrew since he got home. I never got a chance to update it with the last set before the game died, but now I want to sideboard Cold and Indifferents and see what I can do against him.

HypeMan!
08-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Guess I'll just turn this into a running total of what's available.

LuchaHeroAl
08-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Valued but not Trusted son. Say no to Hilde.

Da_ghetto_gamer
08-15-2010, 11:26 PM
The problem with rashotep and why I don't think he was ran at worlds is he lacks a way to kill effectively and his ability doesn't make up for that I'd rather run a character like king or Siegfried who can run a whole bunch of control but have ways of killing through their character cards

HypeMan!
08-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Point taken. You think a Heihachi control deck would be a better idea? I just liked Rashotep for his ability to pretty much remove the character's ability to influence a kill turn. Decks like Heihachi, Hilde, and Siegfried would have problems with me since they need to rely on the characters to push damage high or through. I figured a Death kill move of Spinning Demon or a lot of throws would do.

JinKazama
08-16-2010, 12:04 AM
Spining demon is only a kill condition if you are of the Mishima family bloodline.

HypeMan!
08-16-2010, 12:58 AM
I think you mean Need to Destroy. But yeah, that has Death on it.

JinKazama
08-16-2010, 01:44 AM
need to destroy makes spinning demon 12 damage < heihachi makes it 20
heihachi + spinning demon = broke
heihachi, spinning demon + need to destroy = loud girlish screams

HypeMan!
08-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Acrobatics. That happened to me to many times in singles. Also, Ultimate Team with it's sneaky low block.

TripsEX
08-16-2010, 02:28 AM
Spinning Demon is so good you'll go racist after taking a shot in the mouth from it.

dutpotd
08-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Spinning Demon is so good you'll go racist after taking a shot in the mouth from it.

I'm pretty sure it is 'the best' attack in standard, all things considered.

- dut

Da_ghetto_gamer
08-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Point taken. You think a Heihachi control deck would be a better idea? I just liked Rashotep for his ability to pretty much remove the character's ability to influence a kill turn. Decks like Heihachi, Hilde, and Siegfried would have problems with me since they need to rely on the characters to push damage high or through. I figured a Death kill move of Spinning Demon or a lot of throws would do.

So what happens when you blank my character? Were both on equal terms with no character to use and that's basically all you can hope for is being equal rashotep doesn't give you an advantage like running another character would at any point

HypeMan!
08-16-2010, 08:59 PM
My thought process was that a lot of the decks revolve around their characters for the kill. Rashotep doesn't have a kill switch ability, so I don't get what you're saying.