PDA

View Full Version : Community Create A Character Card: Midori Abilities Poll

Jane10lo
01-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Listed below are some of the abilities suggested for the community elected character, Midori. In this poll, let's vote to eliminate which abilities to narrow down the best fit for the Midori card. Here are some of the abilities as they were posted (sorry if I accidentally missed your post. Just tell me and I will edit), all underlined abilities are considered eliminated.:

1.) 7HS / 18 Vit
R, commit: After you block using a card with the Ranged keyword, your block gains Breaker: X, where X is half your momentum.

R: Before you take damage from an attack, you may discard X momentum to reduce the damage by X. Playable while committed.

2.)All attack cards played recieve breaker 1.
R: Commit: After the beginning of your opponents combat phase begins, name a card type, that card may be played as a reversal against ghs next attack your opponent plays

3.) 6HS, 25VIT
After one of your ranged attacks deals damage, turn it face down in the card pool. Cards turned face down this way do not clear from the card pool until your next End Phase.

E add one card from your hand to your card pool face down: This attack gets +X or -X. damage, X equals the number of face down cards in your card pool.

First F Discard X cards from your card pool: Add any number of cards from you discard pile to your hand who's total added control checks are equal too or less than X.

4.) Midori
7HS, 19VIT
Air/Earth/Void

R Discard 1 card: After you check an action card, add it to your staging area face down. Only playable once per turn.

E Commit: Turn 1 face down card in your staging area face up. If it is an action card, add it to your hand and this attack gets +2 or -2 damage. (your choice) Otherwise, discard it. You may discard 1 momentum to ready this character.

5.) Midori
HS 6
Vit 26

After characters are revealed at the beginning of the game search your deck for a card named Amethyst Battle Suit, Emerald Battle Suit, or Sky Diamond Battle Suit and attach it to Midori.

R: If your attack did damage, you may add one card from your hand to your momentum face up.

Amethyst Battle Suit
Action 3/4 +2 mid
Void, Earth, Air
Midori only.
While attached to a character that character gains the following abilities.
E commit: Your attack gains Powerful:2 or gains +2 to its powerful rating.
R commit: After you are dealt damage from an attack, discard a momentum. Look at opponents hand and discard a card. You opponent may discard two cards to cancel this effect.

Emerald Battle Suit
Action 3/4 +2 low
Void,Earth, Air
Midori only.
E: Discard a momentum, this attack get +3 damage. If a face up momentum was discarded this attack cannot have it's damage reduced.
E: Discard a momentum, this attack get -3 damage. If a face up momentum was discarded this attack cannot have it's damage increased.

Sky Diamond Battle Suit
Action 3/4 +2 high
Void,Earth, Air
Midori only.
R: Before checking for a Ranged attack, discard a momentum. This range attack ignores progressive difficulty. If a face up momentum was discarded, this ranged attack also gains Multiple:1.
R: Before blocking, discard a momentum. You may block this attack as though it had the Ranged keyword. If a face up momentum was discarded, a card in your hand also gains the ranged keyword.

6.) Midori
6HS/27VIT
Air/Earth/Void
E Destroy 1 foundation: Your Ranged attack gets +X speed and +X damage. X equals the number of foundations in your staging area with the same name as the foundation destroyed to pay the cost of this ability plus 1.
E Commit 1 foundation: Choose X non-character cards in your opponent's staging area. Those cards are considered to have blank text boxes for the rest of this turn. X equals the number of ready foundations in your staging area with the same name as the foundation committed to pay the cost of this ability. Only playable during your opponent's attack.

7.) 7H
18V
R (+4): After a card is played put an Ranged Attack from your hand into your momentum only playable during your turn.
E Commit, Reveal Your Momentum: This attack gets +x damage or -x damage (your choice). X equals the number of attacks revealed.(minimum 1)
E Discard X Momentum: This attack gets +x speed or -x speed (your choice).

Attack:
Emerald Splash
Ranged, Multiple 2, Combo (Low attack, High Attack)
6 Diff
3 check
Block +3 Mid
4 H/ 3 Damage
If this attack blocks a ranged attack it's block modifier is considered +0 Mid

Combo E: Remove Momentum from Midori, this attack gets + x speed or +x damage x equals the amount of Momentum removed.

Other attack names: Diamond Straight, Quartz Eruption, Ruby Blitz
Foundation names: Troubled Past, Diamond is Unbreakable, Ooooooo Shiny!

I think that is all of the most up to date abilities. Also, in honor of this poll here is some new character art done by artist Micheal Mayne:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/016/c/8/power_up___commission_by_michaelmayne-d5rnzk0.jpg

Flagnine1
01-16-2013, 05:56 PM
I vote to eliminate 3.

NJBrock22
01-16-2013, 06:40 PM
btw, on 5; it'd be R: AFTER your attack deals damage, not "R: if your attack deals damage" which is not a valid trigger point in the game.

N.J.

Cetonis
01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
We're voting to eliminate things, right? I'll start by voting to axe #2, as it's the most unfixably busted. Letting you play effectively any attack you want as a reversal is pretty much off-limits these days, (I know, Lizardman and Clash, but they're pre-Jasco and do at least require taking a full attack to the face) and that's the main/only thing that design really does. Also it doesn't even have a hs/vitality provided.

Grizzlegrom
01-17-2013, 04:06 AM
We're voting to eliminate things, right? I'll start by voting to axe #2, as it's the most unfixably busted. Letting you play effectively any attack you want as a reversal is pretty much off-limits these days, (I know, Lizardman and Clash, but they're pre-Jasco and do at least require taking a full attack to the face) and that's the main/only thing that design really does. Also it doesn't even have a hs/vitality provided.

I agree and vote to eliminate #2

HypeMan!
01-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Vote to eliminate #2

squrlmstr
01-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Voting o eliminate #2 and #6 cause its kinda poopy

Jane10lo
01-17-2013, 10:37 PM
# 2 is eliminated then, all underlined abilities are considered eliminated.

Cetonis
01-17-2013, 11:00 PM
I'll go after #3 next, then. I think there's some way to do something along those lines and have it work, but this implementation simply isn't it. The First F doesn't actually function as intended (the cards will clear on your opponent's end phase as written) and sacrificing your ability to block just to get a single -3 or -4 damage isn't worth it; even if the F were fixed it still probably wouldn't be.

Flagnine1
01-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Edited my first post. And agree with Cetonis on 3, not to mention I never really liked this kind of ability.

HypeMan!
01-18-2013, 05:54 AM
Yeah, 3 was mine. Originally it was just to propose an Alex4 like ability combined with Rock3, but I never actually went back to fix it lol. O wells. The static was intended to be fixed, the Commit dropped from the E and changed to +X or -X. Didn't spend any attention to balancing it out in the last thread.

Jane10lo
01-20-2013, 04:12 AM
Yeah, 3 was mine. Originally it was just to propose an Alex4 like ability combined with Rock3, but I never actually went back to fix it lol. O wells. The static was intended to be fixed, the Commit dropped from the E and changed to +X or -X. Didn't spend any attention to balancing it out in the last thread.

Would you like me to change it for you on the first post?

HypeMan!
01-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Would you like me to change it for you on the first post?

Your card so really it's up to you. It's not real a balanced ability on a 7HS, maybe a 6/25, but it's really never been given any balance consideration.

Jane10lo
01-21-2013, 04:19 AM
Your card so really it's up to you. It's not real a balanced ability on a 7HS, maybe a 6/25, but it's really never been given any balance consideration.

#3 edited, hope this is the mechanism intended. If not, please just let me know before the voting continues.

Rider kick
01-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Jane, my abilities on number 7 I think. Take off the playable while committed. It should never be playable while committed

HypeMan!
01-21-2013, 03:27 PM
#3 edited, hope this is the mechanism intended. If not, please just let me know before the voting continues.

Thanks, appreciate that. One minor tweak, static needs to say "After one of your ranged attacks deals damage, turn it face down in the card pool. Cards turned face down this way do not clear from the card pool until your next End Phase."

Jane10lo
01-22-2013, 03:14 AM
First post is edited. Please submit your next line of votes.

Rider kick
02-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Jane, it's nationals week. Not a lot of people will probably looking at this at the moment.

HypeMan!
02-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Yeah, forums always go dead and quiet during the 4 or 7 days before and after a major.

Jane10lo
02-06-2013, 08:10 PM
I see, well I'll wait then. I had no idea nationals was already this week. Seems early to me.

Jane10lo
03-20-2013, 07:24 PM
First page edited. I received votes via notes, so one more ability is eliminated.

HypeMan!
03-20-2013, 09:43 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

o well

Jane10lo
03-21-2013, 06:30 PM
We're down to # 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

If we can narrow down to the top three, I think that would make the voting process go much faster. I am receiving a few notes from people, but so far nothing significant one way or the other.

Cetonis
03-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Okay, let me vote to get rid of #1 next then. You need 4 momentum just to be a weaker Amy, and you can't make X not-half for obvious reasons. Really any version of that design is going to have issues somehow.

Grizzlegrom
03-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Okay, let me vote to get rid of #1 next then. You need 4 momentum just to be a weaker Amy, and you can't make X not-half for obvious reasons. Really any version of that design is going to have issues somehow.

going to agree with Keefe here too much work for not enough :(

Jane10lo
03-22-2013, 12:43 AM
Ability #1 eliminated. Narrowing down to the last few.

Jane10lo
07-24-2013, 09:10 AM
We're down to # 4, 5, 6, and 7.

Take another look to see if there is any definitely worth eliminating.

Cetonis
07-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Honestly the only one out of these I like at all at this point is 4. You'd need a microscope to read 6, 7 feels too fancardy to me and is pretty far away power wise, 5 is fancardy too but that has some added issues I've probably complained about before.

HypeMan!
07-24-2013, 01:27 PM
I tend to agree. 4 is my favorite and is the most understandable.

Grizzlegrom
07-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Lets use ability 4 :)

Rider kick
07-24-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm down for 4.

Cetonis
07-24-2013, 03:55 PM
It might make sense to remove the desperation requirement though; feels like extra text that isn't super necessary to stop any particular interaction.

Grizzlegrom
07-24-2013, 06:55 PM
It might make sense to remove the desperation requirement though; feels like extra text that isn't super necessary to stop any particular interaction.

I agree with that Tim if anything it would be better to have a once/twice per turn ready or something if its deemed too powerful normally

Jane10lo
07-25-2013, 03:16 AM
Since we have come to a consensus, we have a winner! Ability #4 is elected, with the edit of the desperation removed. So here is the Community Character Card, as designed and elected by the UFS community:

4.) Midori
7HS, 19VIT
Air/Earth/Void

R Discard 1 card: After you check an action card, add it to your staging area face down. Only playable once per turn.

E Commit: Turn 1 face down card in your staging area face up. If it is an action card, add it to your hand and this attack gets +2 or -2 damage. (your choice) Otherwise, discard it. You may discard 1 momentum to ready this character.

Biography:

Midori
5' 7''
???lb
A+ Blood Type
Female

Born into unknown region of southeast asia, the woman nicknamed as 'Midori' for her striking green eyes, spent her childhood in an illegal gem mining operation in central Myanmar. As far back as she could remember most of her youth was spent wandering dark narrow caverns, looking for gems that otherwise seemed invaluable to her. With such a long time spent in solitude in this arduous labor, Midori began to familiarize herself with the earth and the ores, minerals, and gems that it was enriched with. By the time she was ten years old, she had discovered a rare crystal which she had learned to manipulate to grow and envelop herself in a protective armor. With relentless practice and precision she could now form not only armor, but sharp shard-like projections which could be easily utilized as weaponry... an advantage she readily took to kill the mine operators to liberate herself and many of the other children enslaved in the operation.

The rest of her life was spent moving between Thailand, Vietnam, and the Phillipines taking on work as protection or as an enforcer to whatever organization needed a person with great strength, precision, and quick strike (Air, Earth, Void). However, she never stayed with one group long, as she has a great dislike for those who wish to push her outside the limitations of her own honor codes. Her power to utilize the rare mineral, also seemed to come at a price. The more she used this ability, the more difficult it became to remove the crystal from herself. The gem seems to be integrating into her body, and so far parts of her legs are permanently encased. Hearing that the ENKI Genetics may have a possible cure for this illness, Midori has taken an interest in trying to find a cure for herself. She plans to first to track down, Reese, the closest asset she can access to enter ENKI and find a cure for herself... whether he likes it or not.

Midori has a profound respect for nature, and a great appreciation for solitude. She also respects people who have similar lifestyles and honor codes, but she is not the type to be extroverted or forthcoming with people. However, if she considers someone trustworthy, she is an extremely loyal and tenacious ally.

Grizzlegrom
07-26-2013, 05:49 AM
If someone could template it out to show the community their hard work finished that would be great :)

Grizzlegrom
07-26-2013, 07:38 AM
also if the community is interested in doing another create a card I was planning on using the art Jane made before with all the create a card finalists on it as an action as long as Jane doesn't mind her fan art being used :)

Jane10lo
07-26-2013, 08:19 AM
also if the community is interested in doing another create a card I was planning on using the art Jane made before with all the create a card finalists on it as an action as long as Jane doesn't mind her fan art being used :)

That is fine. Let me know if I should draw anything else.

Grizzlegrom
07-26-2013, 08:26 AM
That is fine. Let me know if I should draw anything else.

Sounds good to me :) ill be shooting you a pm here in a few minutes :)