PDA

View Full Version : Michigan PTC Anyone?

Drewkasa
04-08-2013, 06:06 PM
I have gotten to okay from Jasco Games and Our House Games to host another PTC in June. I am thinking about holding it one of the following weekends: June 8 and 9, 22 and 23 or the 29 and 30. Those dates were picked under the hope that KoF will be released in time for the event (please leave your release trolling comments at the door). Is there any interest for this? Will these dates work?

The_Grim
04-08-2013, 06:31 PM
I keep seeing this, what does PTC mean?

Drewkasa
04-08-2013, 07:21 PM
I keep seeing this, what does PTC mean?

PTC stands for Pro Tour Championship and is a special type of tournament just below Worlds and national championships. The reason, is the prize for winning is a plane ticket to Worlds or Nationals (champions choice).

Cetonis
04-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Pro Tour Circuit; the biggest events outside of Nats/Worlds basically. Winner gets a plane ticket, but moreso than that generally anyone with the reasonable means to do so shows up.

I plan on making the next MI PTC whenever it is; wish somebody would bite the bullet and try to hold one pre-KoF, otherwise we might have something like six PTCs stacked within a one month frame which would be just as dumb this year as it as last year -.-' But obviously nobody wants to do that. Rochester is probably holding out for a PTC around that same date, so I guess that's something to be wary of not going back to back weeks or the like.

Drewkasa
04-08-2013, 07:56 PM
I plan on making the next MI PTC whenever it is; wish somebody would bite the bullet and try to hold one pre-KoF, otherwise we might have something like six PTCs stacked within a one month frame which would be just as dumb this year as it as last year -.-' But obviously nobody wants to do that. Rochester is probably holding out for a PTC around that same date, so I guess that's something to be wary of not going back to back weeks or the like.

Yeah I was actually talking to Sean about this. I am thinking perhaps June 8 or 9 as the new date. What are everyone else's thoughts?

S_OBrien
04-08-2013, 07:59 PM
We will be there id the event falls those dates :) And so will Rochester CCG.

ScottGaines
04-08-2013, 08:24 PM
I can come if its any dates but the 8th and 9th as that is my bday weekend, I'll be 28 on the 10th.

MAKE IT HAPPEN AND I WILL BRING 2 or 3 peeps with me!

GET HYPE!

wafflecopter
04-08-2013, 09:20 PM
You're telling me that between this and Sean's planned end-of-June Empire Finals/PTC, I'm going to win THREE plane tickets this year? Oh so hype :D

Grizzlegrom
04-08-2013, 10:16 PM
I could probably make fourth of July weekend but thats prolly about it :( text me later Andrew about stuff for the event on the phone or facebook

dutpotd
04-08-2013, 10:52 PM
I'd like to make it again. However, it is my understanding the West Coast will be having something the weekend of 8th/9th June (unofficial so far?) and I also would like to make that...

Guess time will tell what is what for me and month of June travels.

boredtodeath0321
04-08-2013, 11:18 PM
west coasts is officially june 8th and 9th. My vote would be the 29th and 30th as I would like to try to make it out that way but its a gamble as work might not give me the time off

ScottGaines
04-08-2013, 11:57 PM
I can do end of the month then, if that is going to bring more people to the event.

I'm hype for this, I can come pretty much whenever as I work mon-thurs now along with my ebay store.

Drewkasa
04-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Hmmm it is looking like no matter what date is selected, someone won't be able to attend. I am going to reach out to store and see what they think, but thus far it is looking like the 8 and 9th might be the one selected. I have also knocked around the idea of the 1st and 2nd of June but fear that is too close to Memorial Day.

Grizzlegrom
04-09-2013, 09:28 PM
The likelihood of me making it is very low no matter what date you choose so don't really worry about me too much

Cetonis
04-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Hmmm it is looking like no matter what date is selected, someone won't be able to attend. I am going to reach out to store and see what they think, but thus far it is looking like the 8 and 9th might be the one selected. I have also knocked around the idea of the 1st and 2nd of June but fear that is too close to Memorial Day.

Is there a final date on this? Time to book plane tickets is starting to wind down...

Drewkasa
04-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Is there a final date on this? Time to book plane tickets is starting to wind down...

I can't get a date that doesn't interfere with another event, despite my efforts. It is looking like this might not be happening until Fall, but I should know for sure if anything can done for an early summer date soon.

HypeMan!
04-22-2013, 02:12 AM
I miss my northern family something fierce, pick a date and I'll do what I can to make it. Luckily hype gets good mileage.

ScottGaines
04-22-2013, 03:53 AM
If it is in the fall I and several other peeps can for sure make it from tenn-a-key.

Drewkasa
04-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Looks like it is confirmed that this event will not be happening until Fall at least. If I get a date nailed down, I will post it.

The Hurricane
04-29-2013, 05:20 PM
Oh oh oh! If its Fall I will for sure try and make this! If you could get a specific date, that would definitely solidify that I would be there.

Keep us posted!

HURRICANE OUT

Cetonis
06-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Would like to push a little for a date on this, just to make travel arrangements easier and the like. Hoping for September personally~

dutpotd
06-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Would like to push a little for a date on this, just to make travel arrangements easier and the like. Hoping for September personally~

It'd be nice if we go - Gencon in August, Cannats (wherever?) in late October/early-November, and this and other PTC's in between. So yeah, late September would be perfect for this or other PTCs.

HypeMan!
06-27-2013, 12:28 PM
I'll try to hit it if its in September. GenCon is gonna tap my funds hard though