PDA

View Full Version : UFS players in Scotland?

MasWasTooShort
04-19-2013, 01:53 AM
So I'm a fair bit north of Sheffield, Edinburgh specifically. I've got a couple of friends (also in Edinburgh) who still collect and play UFS but we don't personally know anyone else who still plays UFS. At all.

Needless to say, the (apparent) lack of a UFS scene anywhere near us is kind of hurting our enjoyment of the game somewhat. That and one of us having some... issues with delivery for quite some time and only this week actually getting any Tides of Vengeance, another happening to not get a single character in his boosters.

Are there some cool UFS playing guys considerably more local than 5 hours away or are we somewhat S.O.L. on that count too?

madeofwin
04-19-2013, 02:59 AM
Hi, not sure what there is north of us in Sheffield unfortunately :( Manchester is coming back into the fold but no idea of anybody still playing in the gap between us. will have a word round and see if anyone else knows. in the meantime if you want to join our facebook group "ufs uk players" I'm sure we can figure something out between us.

Also if you send me your address I've got spare copies of some of the characters from TOV and loads of promos that I'd be happy to send up to you to help out :)

MasWasTooShort
04-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Lack of info's kind of a shame but help in the form of cards is certainly welcome and that PM has totally been sent.

madeofwin
04-22-2013, 09:36 AM
just putting together a little goody bag of stuff for you, promos/set characters and some of the new prize packs :) if you can get somewhere to play consistently I'd recommend getting in touch with Jasco about getting a scout sorted so you can sanction events for yourself

MasWasTooShort
04-24-2013, 03:59 PM
That's being considered but I figure we should at least need to pull out the second hand to count players before we try to be legit comp. Right now, we're just thinking about people we could get to try out the game or maybe get back into it. Definitely later, is what I'm saying to that one.

Michael
04-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Our local only has between 4 and 8 players so dont worry about.numbers.

Nivmizzetfiremind
06-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Hi again. mas hijacking a friend's computer (and account) to say that the cards have arrived we've finally had a chance to look through them all together. There was a lot of awesome stuff to be found in that package and was very exciting to open. So again, thank you for sending that to us.

We plan to sort our playgroup stuff out soon, we're getting some people interested the game and we've worked out a time and place to play. The owner of this account needs to work on a poster for this. We imagine the large of amount of what's been announced will be a good opportunity to get new people a variety of product of their own.

madeofwin
06-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Glad it arrived safely :) I tried to put a decent variety of stuff in there. Hope it's all useful in getting new players started. The new sets are going to be fantastic especially for new players #spoilers

36th Chamber
04-12-2014, 02:47 AM
I thought I heard rumours that the Glasgow boys - Static Games were starting up again?

madeofwin
04-12-2014, 04:13 AM
I hope so :) always good to have new/returning players.