PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into the game, here's my first deck :)

Bloodrunstrue
06-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Hiya

Just making this deck as I write:

Characters:
1 Hilde *

Actions:
4 Dual Wielding

Assets:
3 Path of the master

Attacks:
4 Over the shoulder
4 Hammer of the Gods
4 Leg Slash
2 The boot

Foundations:
4 Hope for one's people
4 Stand off
3 Paid to protect
4 The Strength Within
4 Brooding
4 Defeated the rifle
4 Shadowar
3 Perservering despite rejection
4 Financial troubles
4 Rivalry with a bear

Criticism is completely welcome, thanks guys

See you in the arena
Bloodrunstrue :)

SMazzurco
06-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Path in hilde?

Sato Arashi
06-18-2010, 11:16 AM
I know that Fire is the strongest symbol on the field right now but it doesn't hurt to splash Good or Order. Reason being is because you got Amy's Not Human and Ostreinburg Throne Room and if you're pretty daring, Yoshimitsu's Master of Ninjutsu. If you plan to run Not Human I'd suggest running Aura of Strength as it will help make the best out of it. Ultimate Team is a great card especially if you're running Hopes and high block modifier cards. Looking for a Thrill is also a great one since you can pick either or when you double the attack value with Hilde.

Other than that, I would like to say that if you plan to play in a tournament with the deck, Path and Paid to Protect are banned.

SMazzurco
06-18-2010, 12:12 PM
I know that Fire is the strongest symbol on the field right now but it doesn't hurt to splash Good or Order. Reason being is because you got Amy's Not Human and Ostreinburg Throne Room and if you're pretty daring, Yoshimitsu's Master of Ninjutsu. If you plan to run Not Human I'd suggest running Aura of Strength as it will help make the best out of it. Ultimate Team is a great card especially if you're running Hopes and high block modifier cards. Looking for a Thrill is also a great one since you can pick either or when you double the attack value with Hilde.

Other than that, I would like to say that if you plan to play in a tournament with the deck, Path and Paid to Protect are banned.

woah P2P and path got banned?

Sketch
06-18-2010, 12:33 PM
No bans formally announced yet. Path is on the watch list though.

Sato Arashi
06-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Ok, I thought that P2P was on the list but I was wrong.

SMazzurco
06-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Ok, I thought that P2P was on the list but I was wrong.

Banning P2P would be rediculously stupid IMO.

It is one of the only cards to deal with high speed attacks.
It's damage reduction has a minimum of 1.
It has a +3block mod.

Sure, it could of been printed at 4 control and would still see as much play, but it is in no way ban worthy as i see it.

Bloodrunstrue
06-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Sorry response would be longer but stupid PC felt the need to skip back two pages :/

Reasons why i'm not including Master of ninjutsu:

-Order: Some of the deck does not share order, making 4-5 foundations T1 is vital in this deck.
- No block: If it's not played, it's useless against attacks next turn.
- Kill turn: I've found that with the CC ratios and draw power of the deck I can drop any less than 30 health character in one hit. (Correct me if i'm worng but only one has 30 health)

Not human is not being used for the reasons above, also it is relaint on block modifiers which might not be present.

Throne room: Ah the wonders this thing weaves in a dedicated Amy deck, alas for hilde it does little favours:
- 4 check ( need as many 5's as possible)
- Order: Doesnt chain well
- Asset: rather have foundations.
- Static hurts me on their turn.
- -2 damage is neglicable. :/

Ultimate team, on the other hand, will likely find a spot as it had great synergy with Hilde, only thing that's puting me of is the 3 diff :/

Thankyou for the responses.

Will comment on P2P tommorrow when I have more time :)

Bloodrunstrue
06-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Banning P2P would be rediculously stupid IMO.

It is one of the only cards to deal with high speed attacks.
It's damage reduction has a minimum of 1.
It has a +3block mod.

Sure, it could of been printed at 4 control and would still see as much play, but it is in no way ban worthy as i see it.

In regards to P2P.

I feel no reason for P2P to even be considered for the banhammer ( You may think me bias being a hild player and all) for the reasons listed below:

- One of, if not the only card which prevents speed decks from overwhelming with OTKs.
- Damage redux, something the meta has very little of currently.
- Balanced damage redux and like Smazz said it's minimum 1.

However, I do believe that P2P should be reprinted as part of prize support or something along those lines as it is very hard to obtain currently.

Thankyou
Bloodrunstrue

RockStar
06-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Pommel Smash is too good not to see play in this deck. Being able to choose which of your opponent's card gets committed is invaluable to Hilde. Too many people will be packing P2Ps and Faithful Bodyguards. Just sayin'...

Bloodrunstrue
06-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Pommel Smash is too good not to see play in this deck. Being able to choose which of your opponent's card gets committed is invaluable to Hilde. Too many people will be packing P2Ps and Faithful Bodyguards. Just sayin'...

Yeah, but i decided to sidedeck it in the end since it isn't a kill attacks and having a +1 diff to my dual wieldings is not fun times :(

I'll rebuild the deck to compley with the new bans soon :)
Cheers
Bloodrunstrue