PDA

View Full Version : which set should i buy Soulcaliber3 set 3, 4, or 5?

jhorphear
08-19-2010, 01:29 PM
hi everyone,

my league is going to be adding soulcaliber 3, sets 3, 4, and 5. i currently run a javitma discard deck from the king of fighters set. any thoughts on which of the soul caliber sets would best compliment it? or is there any one set from soulcaliber 3 thats so over powered i have to buy it? ill be going over card lists to see what i think is best, but your input would be greatly appreciated.

ShadowDragon
08-19-2010, 01:59 PM
SC set 3 Soul Arena won't have much to offer you, it's a primarily aggro/combo set. Same with SC set 4- Blades of Fury. SC set 5 Higher Calibur has some more control elements, and would be your best bet IMO. I'd look into getting set 1 though, it's got some strong Void cards such as Lost Memories and Shadow Banishment, as well as Unorthodox Style and Power of the Edge.

jhorphear
08-19-2010, 02:29 PM
as of now only sets 3-5 will be available. there may be some singles from the first two sets available, but i dont really know yet.

Tagrineth
08-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Higher Calibur (set 5) is probably your best bet.

Teagus
08-19-2010, 03:14 PM
well have 4 soul calibur sets to choose from, soul arena, flash of blades, higher calibur and blades of fury. We will have some singles from sets 1 and 2

Grizzlegrom
08-20-2010, 12:42 AM
SC set 3 Soul Arena won't have much to offer you, it's a primarily aggro/combo set. Same with SC set 4- Blades of Fury. SC set 5 Higher Calibur has some more control elements, and would be your best bet IMO. I'd look into getting set 1 though, it's got some strong Void cards such as Lost Memories and Shadow Banishment, as well as Unorthodox Style and Power of the Edge.

I heard that there was a pretty okay card called "Start Over" in that set too I think? :p

jhorphear
08-20-2010, 02:12 AM
hmm, what set is this "start over" card from :-p

TripsEX
08-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Set 1. It's pretty hard to find still though.

Higher Calibur is a good area to start with.