PDA

View Full Version : A Nehtali for everyone

guitalex2010
08-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Of course, do consider that once her support rolls around, this list will likely change. But for now, here's Nehtali. In each symbol!

"Water Nehtali"

Characters:
1 6/6 Nehtali* +0M

Assets:
4 2/4 Osterreisburg Castle Throne Room +2L - Terrain

Actions:
4 4/5 Master's Challenge +3L
4 2/5 Amaryllis Spin +2M

Attacks:
4 3/3 3H3 Leaping Snap Kick +1M – Reversal - Kick
4 4/3 3M4 Lu Chen’s Palm Strike +2H – Reversal – Punch
4 5/3 5H4 Frigid Moon +2H – Reversal – Kick
4 4/3 2M5 Chi Disruptor +2M – Reversal
4 8/2 6M12 Wrath of Heaven – Combo (Reversal, Reversal)

Foundations:
4 1/5 Carefree +1M
4 1/5 Know When to Talk… +3L
4 2/5 …And When to Fight +3H
4 2/5 Just Kidding +3L
4 2/5 Brazilian Booty +2H
4 2/5 Relaxing Model +3H
4 2/5 Not Human
4 3/5 To The Ends of the Earth +3L

Total: 61 cards

-o-o-o-o-

So what does Water Nehtali do? She blocks. Plus it’s kind of nice being able to actually COMBO the stupid Wrath of Heaven…

This is how a usual blocking sequence goes (assuming Throne out):
- Use every To The Ends of the Earth
- Use her to not fail block check
- Use every Know When to Talk
- Take your own turn

Relaxing Model is there if you know this first attack won’t kill you and fear a bigger attack later (reducing the speed of the next attack). Brazilian Booty is there to discard Master’s Challenge, which is used when Wrath of Heaven is drawn with Amaryllis Spin or with Throne out. Not Human + blocking with Amaryllis Spin + Throne Room out = yay. Especially when her R effectively negates the effect of Throne on your blocking.

Things I was considering:

- In Search of Family (two of my reversals are kicks). I may remove Lu Chen’s Palm Strike, put in a Yi Shan kick and use In Search to draw more cards.
- Removing an attack. I normally use 20 even though that’s a bit high for some people. In that case, I would love to do what I stated above; replace Lu Chen’s Palm Strike with a Yi Shan kick, then an attack for In Search of Family.
- She has zero ways to deal with a mirror match, other than praying that a 6M12 is enough to leave a serious dent.

-o-o-o-o-

“Chaos Nehtali”

Character:
1 6/6 Nehtali +0M

Actions:
3 4/4 Unnatural Grace

Assets:
4 4/5 Acheron & Nirvana +3M – Unique – Weapon
4 2/5 Divine Harvester – Unique - Weapon

Attacks:
4 4/3 3H4 Wild Storm – Weapon
4 4/3 3H4 Assassin’s Secret +2H – Kick – Combo (Weapon)
4 5/2 4H7 Shadow Flare +3M – Weapon
4 5/2 4H5 Curse of the Ancient Mariner +2M – Combo (High Attack, High Attack)

Foundations:
4 1/5 Treacherous Offspring
4 2/5 Covenant Elder +3M
4 2/5 Chasing After the Power
4 2/5 Dread Pirate +3H
4 2/5 For the Money +3M
4 2/5 Maniacal Laughter +3H
4 2/5 Mishima Zaibatsu Leader +3H
4 3/5 Intolerant of Failure +4L

Total: 60 cards

-o-o-o-o-

Chaos’s version gets a good finisher in Curse, and also a good use for Divine Harvester. With Harvester, Treacherous and Maniacal, you ensure at least some momentum in case that Curse can’t get it itself. Not to mention Assassin’s Secret, which is so nice I would refer to it by a four-letter slang for mammary glands, thanks to Scott Gaines.

Acheron might seem out of place outside of Cervantes, but it will help make the Curse be Powerful:3 for starters. Wild Storm helps by 1, Shadow Flare by 1 or 2 and Nehtali by like… 3 or 4 depending.

Now as for the impossibly weird inclusions:
- Covenant Elder? Obviously for the mirror match, something that the Water version can’t do.
- Intolerant of Failure? For the mirror match, JJ, other control. Also +4 to a failed check, or to the Curse ability check. Also, make the opponent think twice about negating For the Money.
- Dread Pirate? There are so many 2 checks. I want them all in my hand lol

Now for the possibly obvious exclusions:
- Communing with the Ancients? Still considering. I went with Unnatural Grace, which sort of has the same effect as a single Communing. Neither help with Curse’s ability, so it was a tossup.
- Zi Mei’s Wheel Kick? Stun:3 is great! But it’s only 1 damage and I don’t have much in the way of damage pump, and therefore it would be more important to have something big damage to force a block; otherwise the high block is going to be for Curse, then the Wheel Kick will be let to pass. Consider it anti-blockbait.

-o-o-o-o-

“Evil Nehtali”

Character:
1 6/6 Nehtali +0M

Actions:
3 4/4 Unnatural Grace
4 3/5 Hunger for Souls +2M

Assets:
4 4/5 Acheron & Nirvana +3M – Unique – Weapon
4 2/5 Divine Harvester – Unique - Weapon

Attacks:
4 4/3 3H4 Wild Storm – Weapon
4 4/3 3H7 Midnight Launcher
4 5/2 4H7 Shadow Flare +3M – Weapon
4 5/2 4H5 Curse of the Ancient Mariner +2M – Combo (High Attack, High Attack)

Foundations:
4 1/5 Treacherous Offspring
4 2/4 Hungry for Battle
4 2/5 Covenant Elder +3M
4 2/5 Chasing After the Power
4 2/5 Dread Pirate +3H
4 2/5 No Longer Controllable
4 3/5 Intolerant of Failure +4L

Total: 60 cards

-o-o-o-o-

As lazy as I am, I figure the Chaos/Evil cards can stay for the same reasons. Unfortunately we lose momentum gain from Maniacal Laughter, Assassin’s Secret and Mishima Zaibatsu Leader’s momentum gain/control, but gain damage pump, so yay.

Hungry for Battle is almost free. No Longer Controllable can make a later attack do a lot more damage, considering that only Wild Storm doesn’t fit the bill for its restriction.

Not to mention we also gained Midnight Launcher, a.k.a blockbait supreme.

-o-o-o-o-

So, how is your Nehtali like?

bloodocean
08-20-2010, 01:09 PM
I've just started to mess around with Nehtali. I've got wonderworld warriors in there for momentum gen in the evil version. Havn't settled on whether I like her more off of chaos or evil yet. My main problem with the evil version is actually getting curse to hit. But thats ok, because people will blocks and let the attacks before it hit them.

So far your builds all look great i'll have to sleeve up your water build.

Link
08-20-2010, 01:15 PM
ive built a Nehtali deck off water, and one off chaos. she desperately needs card draw, in the water one ive found u need kicks and Searhing for family. and in the Chaos one, Running characters + the hunt for jin +mishima family bloodline + ancient fighting style you have the defenses you need and since theres characters Merciless Fighter helps your offense. regardless of the character stuff you should be running ancient fighting style because her ability fuels it, and its a +4 block for her other ability

guitalex2010
08-20-2010, 01:25 PM
regardless of the character stuff you should be running ancient fighting style because her ability fuels it, and its a +4 block for her other abilityI'm confused. It draws cards equal to the number of cards you've discarded this turn, only playable during THEIR attack. Heihachi and others make better use of it, because they discard more cards and so you draw more cards to block with. In Nehtali's case, you don't want to push the block if you don't have to, meaning you don't actually get to use Ancient as much as you'd think. Her ability is better against strings of attacks because you'd want to use her ability later, when your check for blocking is failing or would fail (since her ability responds AFTER the control check). The +4M is nice, though.

She does need more blocks so the Chaos version might get some characters and The Hunt is On and Mishima Family Bloodline.

Link
08-20-2010, 01:29 PM
yeah, as they attack you and you remove problem keywords you are fueling AFS. And if you do put the character stuff The Hunt Is On fuels it too

guitalex2010
08-20-2010, 01:35 PM
So... can I use her ability even when the attack has no keywords, and pitch a card for no effect? (hilarous!)

If so, YES, Ancient Fighting Style is going in head first.

Link
08-20-2010, 01:47 PM
yes becuase it just says after your opponent plays an attack.

guitalex2010
08-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Why do I find that extremely hilarious?

Lono
08-20-2010, 10:34 PM
I plan to play her off of Water when the set comes out. Ideally it would look something like:

Characters:
1 6/6 Nehtali* +0M

Assets:
4 2/4 Osterreisburg Castle Throne Room +2L - Terrain

Actions:
3 Acrobatic +1L
4 2/5 Amaryllis Spin +2M

Attacks:
4 3/3 3H3 Leaping Snap Kick +1M – Reversal - Kick
4 4/3 3M4 Lu Chen’s Palm Strike +2H – Reversal – Punch
4 4/3 4H3 Soaring Dance +0H – Kick
4 4/3 2M5 Chi Disruptor +2M – Reversal
4 6/1 6M12 Rising Typhoon +1L – Multiple: 2

Foundations:
4 2/5 Playful +3H
4 1/5 Know When to Talk… +3L
4 2/5 Looking for Family +3H
4 2/5 Together Again +2M
4 2/5 Relaxing Model +3H
4 2/5 Not Human
4 3/5 To The Ends of the Earth +3L

The idea is to go Soaring Dance->Palm Strike->Rising Typhoon + Playful With A-Spin and Throne Room out.