PDA

View Full Version : Combo and multiple attacks

guitalex2010
08-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Assume that I play a kick, followed by Double Face Kick (Combo Kick, it gets multiple:1) and multiple the attack.

So now I have a kick, Double Face Kick (a high attack), and its multiple (a high attack) in the card pool.

Can I play Curse of the Ancient Mariner with its Combo E afterwards? Its combo requirement is Combo (High Attack, High Attack).

Things to consider: Double Face Kick and the multiple would be the two cards before it, both high attacks.

Tagrineth
08-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Yes, multiple copies retain their initial values once they resolve. If they're modified by effects later, just like with any other attack, their modifications vanish once resolved though (for example, that Punch multiple attack that gives the copies Punch does so after generating the multiples, so they won't stay Punches).

guitalex2010
08-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Hmmm... to expand on this, let's assume you Play Assassin's Strike (mid attack, multiple:1). So you have a mid weapon, and a mid multiple.

Assume then that I boost the multiple's speed somehow, then trigger the response on Inhuman Speed to make it a high attack. Does it remain a high attack after it resolves? Considering that it wasn't changed as a result of an E...

If so, can I combo Dragon's Flame afterwards because of Combo (Mid Weapon, High Attack)?

Tagrineth
08-20-2010, 03:05 PM
It's not results of Enhances, it's any changes made after the attack is generated/played.

guitalex2010
08-23-2010, 10:40 AM
At the risk of sounding like a blabbering idiot, does this mean that because it was something done during the attack, then it doesn't work afterwards?

So a no on Dragon's Flame, right?

For some reason I was under the impression it WAS the result of enhancements. But this makes more sense.

SMazzurco
08-23-2010, 10:48 AM
At the risk of sounding like a blabbering idiot, does this mean that because it was something done during the attack, then it doesn't work afterwards?

So a no on Dragon's Flame, right?

For some reason I was under the impression it WAS the result of enhancements. But this makes more sense.

No time to look through AGR but unless stated explicitly on the card, any changes to an attack last until the attack resolves. This includes dmg/spd pump, change of zone, addition of resource symbols, etc.

Now Mitsu's F that says "until end of turn" does "last" after the attack resolves. A resolved pommel smash is 3 dmg with mitsus F. However, dragons flame/KB both say "printed" dmg.

aslum
08-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Note that multiples don't look at the printed zone when they are created (might be worth changing in future rules revision) so if you change the zone of an attack before multiplying it out, the multiples will maintain the new zone while the original attack will return to it's printed zone at the end of the enhance phase (or attack resolution depending on how you changed the zone).

Tagrineth
08-23-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm pretty sure Jasco clarified that it's supposed to carry over printed zone too, it's a slight mishap in wording but the intent SHOULD be clear if you're not a rules lawyer! ;)

SMazzurco
08-23-2010, 04:59 PM
ya i think it copies "printed values" including zone, dmg, spd (and maybe even diff/control, not sure on those)