PDA

View Full Version : ...redesigned characters. What.

Cena
08-20-2010, 01:38 PM
So, wait, is this seriously the new design for character cards? The one that was seen on Nehtali?

Because...I'm...ok with it? I'm just saying, I saw the same template on old FFG forums as a concept redesign...so...um...I'm confused. XD

And will the redesign carry over to every other card?

Eithinis
08-20-2010, 01:40 PM
It was just for the gencon promo, as far as I know.

hankahn
08-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Nehtali will be in the actual set with the original character template.

Bloodrunstrue
08-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Should be just for the Gencon promo.

although TBH i'm fine with that being the new format, there's nothing much wrong with it and the old format was hella' boring.

TripsEX
08-20-2010, 02:02 PM
It's actually Nyobari's design too.

Bloodrunstrue
08-20-2010, 02:04 PM
It's actually Nyobari's design too.

Nyobari?? Who is Nyobari? :P

ShadowDragon
08-20-2010, 06:20 PM
The responses I've gotten to the template have been mixed, some love it, some hate it, some don't care. I personally don't mind it, but I prefer the old template. More of the art is visible and it's less 'busy' imo. I've also had people be unable to find the symbols on the new template...

aslum
08-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I'd be down with it if the resources where moved to the left (where name text is on non character cards), and the Hand-size/Vitality symbols where done a little more inline with the original, or at least, more obviously what they are... they became just a little too generic.
And honestly the block symbol should probably remain the same to avoid confusion, unless it's going to change going into the future (that wouldn't have to be a bad thing honestly.)

Shinguyi
08-20-2010, 10:55 PM
I think the template would have been better if it kept the red cross for Vitality and the Cards for Hand Size (and maybe make them smaller). I think it would have been an excellent idea to keep that template for Promo characters.

Cena
08-21-2010, 02:59 AM
That clears things up. Thanks, fellas.

...also does anyone have links to .psd's of that new template. Papa wants to make him some cards. XD

Tagrineth
08-21-2010, 06:01 AM
I'd really like it if promo characters all had a different template from the set characters.

It'd make them stand out more as promos.

Bloodrunstrue
08-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Who is Nyobari??

Shinguyi
08-21-2010, 10:13 AM
I'd really like it if promo characters all had a different template from the set characters.

It'd make them stand out more as promos.

I agree. And at the same time it could mean something new in UFS from the standard templates we saw from Fantasy Flight Games and Sabertooth Games.

Wonder what the rest thinks of this though.

TripsEX
08-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Who is Nyobari??

Poster on the forums.

HypeMan!
08-21-2010, 01:39 PM
I personally didn't like the template if it was going to replace what we already have, I guess I've gotten attached and used to it. I share the same sentiment about the new design as Dani personally, too busy and then some. But as a special, especially a GenCon only template, I LOVE that idea.