PDA

View Full Version : Mitsu with some extra spam on the side.

Birch
08-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Posting this deck just to get some feedback. It runs really well right now, but imma post what its gonna be when i get the right cards. Thanks and all feedback is welcome.

Mitsurugi

Attacks 20
4x Lowdown Neb
4x Dragon tail leg sweep
4x Razor Bite
4x Raging Gnome
4x Swing Kick

Assets 3
3x Drossel

Foundations 37
4x Torn Hero
3x Hunt for Jin
3x Know when to talk
4x The strength Within
3x Soul that Protects
4x Genius Alchemist
3x Regretful Existence
3x Researching Anywhere or 3x Looking for a thrill
3x Unrefined
4x Battle Tested
3x Perfect Sense of Balance

Side Deck
1x Siegfried
2x Soul Calibur
3x needs no ally
1x Perfect Sense of Balance
1x Soul that protects

Kinda wanna put in memories of a nightmare, but idk.
Thanks for looking at the deck.

Yoko Charming Fox
08-20-2010, 11:32 PM
It looks pretty fun, but I would bump Know When To Talk up to 4.

JinKazama
09-13-2010, 05:41 AM
memories of a nightmare over perfect sense

RockStar
09-13-2010, 10:33 AM
memories of a nightmare over perfect sense

This. Agreed.

RockStar
09-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Also, if you have'em: Quick Exit to ready Researching Anywhere for extra draw is pretty sexy! Would swap these in for Unrefined in a heartbeat!!

Also, Battle Tested (mother approved) really ain't that great. Needs a Challenge is way better.

SMazzurco
09-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Battle tested is (IMO) more useful if getting your face smashed in then if smashing face in.

JinKazama
09-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Not so when combined with razor bite you can pull attacks, you can even use mitsurugi's E to pitch cards digging for attacks to draw with battle tested or hunt for jin.
I dunno thats my opinion.

RockStar
09-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Not so when combined with razor bite you can pull attacks, you can even use mitsurugi's E to pitch cards digging for attacks to draw with battle tested or hunt for jin.
I dunno thats my opinion.

That's a very situational plan, tho. They half block and take less than 5 dmg you're checkin' a 3 to play your next attack. Just sayin'...

JinKazama
09-13-2010, 01:29 PM
That's a very situational plan, tho. They half block and take less than 5 dmg you're checkin' a 3 to play your next attack. Just sayin'...
Thats if an attack is immediately on top of your deck. By only half blocking razor bit it's effect resolves letting you know the card on top of your deck for the rest of the turn, so whenever they take 4 or more from another attack you can selectively draw into more attacks by committing a foundation.

RockStar
09-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Actually, your partially correct: Battle Tested allows you to draw cards if a) you take damage of 4 or greater, or b) you deal damage of 5 or greater (not 4). This extra point of damage is hugely important, as that means you need to throw 10 dmg attacks, not 8. In this weenie-rush Mitsu build, you're going to fall just shy of 10 damage per attack, but make up for it by throwing out 4 - 6 attacks per turn.

Mitsu also gives attacks +2 spd (or +4 if Eiserne is in play), so things become difficult to block very quickly, i get that. I simply think Needs a Challenge is better tech as it allows you to spy your opponent's hand so you may better strategize your offense or defense.

JinKazama
09-13-2010, 01:46 PM
O yea it is 5. I'd still say battle tested over needs a challenge but I haven't seen needs a challenge n play. I'll tell him to try it out.

Shinguyi
09-13-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd still think Needs a Challenge would be more of a Side-Board for this kind of deck. Attacking by the same zone will be hard for your opponent to block and will end up discarding the good cards with low blocks. On the other hand most of the "dangerous" attacks that set up future spam attacks will be hard to block, for example, Razor's Bite will become a 6 Speed attack. Your opponent won't be able to block everything.

Birch
09-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I understand that i need to deal five damage or im going to check a 3 as you have pointed out, but if im gonna check a three anyways (needs a challenge doesnt draw) i want the ability to potentially draw it. Im also still toying around with the numbers on things, and that was probably something that was gonna come out anyways.