PDA

View Full Version : The older UFS.

Shiros
06-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Am I the only person that misses the gray wall wars? I haven't been too happy with how UFS has turned out, games rarely going beyond turn 4, super fast/damaging attacks. Not really any control, definitely very limited ways to say "no" to your opponent.

I personally miss those aspects of the game, sure I don't want it to be as bad as it was, but I really want some of that back. This game used to be a big thinking, somewhat headache inducing game. Right now there is little to no thought involved.

Any one else care to write out your opinion?

ShadowDragon
06-18-2010, 10:30 PM
I can't say that I miss it =/ Then again I was always the one in my group playing aggro against another person's control wall, so I got sick of it really quick as he never really played anything else (Void, Death and Earth control/walls galore were all he ever really played). I DO miss other symbols being more viable though, such as Good and Water and Evil (though set 14 did help those out a bit).

NJBrock22
06-19-2010, 12:42 AM
legacy still has every card you want for the semi-gray wars game of just sit and play either Evil, Earth, Order or Void control with your opponent.

Extended(what i'll mainly be playing) has SOME but it's mainly stuck with Evil and Void(discard), and i rarely play those 2 symbols anyway.

Standard, well ya have control thru attacking and if people have problems with that... meh, btw look for me to be posting up some strategy articles some time either monday or tuesday.

N.J.

makingsenseofus
06-19-2010, 02:14 PM
I miss it. I hated the life gain and BRT's, but I loved negation wars.

there are still a few decks that can do this in the format, but they are few and far between, and there is always the chance that you don't draw the right piece on turn 2 and just get totally stomped by stun, discard ect.

Order with ultimate team and Amy's terrain/support is very good defense, especially if your character can splash for torn hero, which a lot of order characters can do. Also, death nina or rashotep can slow a lot of decks up. It just depends on how you run what deck.

Baranor
06-19-2010, 05:31 PM
I too loved the challenge of the negation wars. It made the game much more of a chess match. I always loved aggro and loved worming
my way through someones wall of crazy. That being said, I think that the game will ebb and flow. We are in a particularly attack heavy time, but we will see the game get more defensive really soon. It is the way of the ccg.

Da_ghetto_gamer
06-19-2010, 06:58 PM
There was a different kind of fun involved and it had it's moments but I want what's best for the game and the other players involved and whatever it takes to get more players into the game