Cetonis
08-28-2013, 08:38 PM
EMPIRE CIRCUIT 2014 - Stage 1 - Long Island

Saturday, September 14th at 12PM

Empire Gaming NY
337 Main Street
Farmingdale, NY 11735

Format: Standard / $10 fee

This will be the first stop of six in the 2013-2014 Empire Circuit! A few improvements:

- RochesterCCG is going to sponsor the plane ticket this year, so the full entry fees will go towards pirze support!

- Instead of just giving the plane ticket to the overall points winner at the end, the top 6 will have a draft (with byes for the top 2) to determine the final winner.

- We're hoping to have two of the six events set up as PTCs, with at least one regional. If we can get Long Island set up as a second regional we will, though it's short notice and all that stuff.

Hope to see everyone there!

Starfleetjedi
08-28-2013, 08:57 PM
My hope is to go to all of these this year as my comeback into the game.

The_Grim
08-29-2013, 04:28 AM
They are a lot of fun and pretty big events too

Cetonis
09-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Lost a couple carpools to job callins, but we still have a good 12 people. Going to cut top 8 because why not, more fun. I'm trying to make my character work but can't seem to face anything but pitchfork decks that I auto scoop to >.<

dutpotd
09-14-2013, 02:05 PM
What's a Pitchfork deck? You mean people play the Evil symbol!!! Yuck :(

Cetonis
09-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Yeahhhh so I draw with evil Iori, lose to BS(k) Birch, beat a bye and lose to Air Reese. Missing top 8 out of 12 all the way :P I think my character might secretly be not very good @_@ It has a fair number of awful matchups, and of the better ones most of them are such that the opponent still has 40-60% or so. Kind of the opposite of Kaz in a sense. Hmmm might need to try outright glass cannon.

Cetonis
09-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Alright, so one food break later and armed with a laptop, I'll try to post some top cuts updates and such~

Kevin Broberg (Good Skullman) vs Christine O'Brien (Evil Iori)
Sean O'Brien (BS(k) Birch) vs Cassy Shaw (Life Sasha)
Jared Bohizic (Life Mai) vs Ryan Field (Air Reese)
Nick Ganzer (All Joe) vs Jack Hale (Fire/Water Vespera)

Sasha vs Birch should be an interesting matchup, and poor Jared and Ryan will probably be done an hour before anybody else. Too many dumb control decks being played today -.-'

Edit:

Semis:

Cassy Shaw (Sasha) vs Jack Hale (Vespera)
Kevin Broberg (Skullman) vs Ryan Field (Reese)

Finals:

Jack Hale (Vespera) vs Ryan Field (Reese)

Cetonis
09-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Ryan Field wins with Air Reese!

Tader_Salad
09-14-2013, 08:41 PM
NOOOOOOO. Dont break off life Sasha before I have a chance to break her with void.

Srs though air reese I know my boy cody and Iari who would be happy to see that.

toysoldyours
09-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Is there a decklist on that Reese? I would love to see it if there is.

Cetonis
09-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I still need to update that thread. Long week, hoping to do more ufs-related things tonight if I can