PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Pre-release

squrlmstr
10-06-2013, 12:47 PM
The field was rough. 8 men entered, one man led the pack though. Goro! Acquired the slot of Champion and fan favorite! The set drafted well like KoF 1 and everyone had a good time.

Out top 4 was:
Goro- Piloted by the infamous "Broken" Bo Tucker
Kyo- Piloted by "Double D" Damon Zhenner
Kim- Piloted by "I don't play Games" Adam Zhenner
Kula- By me

Prizes were given, fun was had and now we prep for THE PTC! SEE YOU GUYS THERE!

dutpotd
10-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Damn Goro.

We had a Calgary pre-release draft event last night with one 8 man pod. 4 players played as Goro!!!

I lost in the final as a Raiden to a Goro in three games, very close games, to our resident 5hs player who has fallen in love with Goro (sigh...)

Of note, Elizabeth wrecked everything (with exhaustion strat) but my Raiden, so the Goro's are lucky I faced the Elizabeth in round 2.

Good fun draft though, all things considered :)

vaporgecko
10-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Was part of two drafts. One 6 man the second a 4 man. I won both with Team Japan. Kyo was beast mode in the6 man draft with two exceptionally good attacks. He builds momentum amazingly fast and can drop massive bombs.fun times!

The second draft I too ran Goro, and proceeded to ground pound until victory.

There were a lot of Elisabeth's and Maximas. After playing against Maxima I am extremely excited to try him out. The draft was good because I was forced to play characters I didn't intend to play beforehand.

squrlmstr
10-06-2013, 06:45 PM
I wanted to play Kula when the set drops however I didn't really want to play her in the draft. I was hoping to try different characters out. I played against Kim and got the s*** kicked out of me on turn one for 20 damage and lost on turn 2. Kim hurt something fierce. I fought against K' and man......he scary. Goro was just a wall of damage mitigation and pain.

Omega
10-06-2013, 10:12 PM
I was in Abilene, and there were two pods at the same time.

I won pod 2 with an undefeated Goro, although I won the finals due to chaining error on my part (life saving block) that nobody told me about until after (I feel bad now). Second was a really sick K' that was an absolute joy to play against (no joke!). Third was Maxima, she forth was Raiden.

Second pod went to K', and Duo came second; this was followed by Kyo, and fourth place was Mr. Jason himself playing Elizabeth.

Goro is soooooooooooooooooo much fun to play oh my god. Benimaru attacks ftw!