PDA

View Full Version : Vegas PTC Evil Maxima Report

boredtodeath0321
11-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Now first off I never do these so bare with me.

Round 1 was against Joe Hammers Sasha off life. Since I play her all the time at locals I know how she worked well but in this case the deck just failed Joe as the deck kept checking bad. Its happens to the best of us I did enjoy the match see you at US nats.

Round 2 I got the bye

Round 3 I played against Helios Kirk Polka we only played one match which ended up at time with him finally killing me. With having to add foundations to my hand from maxima and kirk I was able to keep up having to rebuild even more than I normally do but hurt as I could never attack and as he slowly pecked me.

Round 4 I played against Scotts(Magnusotls) chaos Mature game 1 he was able to rush me down. Game 2 I was able to build quickly and had a solid defense against the onslaught of attacks she can push we ended up to time but I had 2 throws in hand and managed to eek out a tie.

Round 5 was against Paul's Mitsurgi. Since I am playing evil and I have the best speed reduction in the game and the fact his deck kept just giving him a hand of attacks and with very little build caused him to fall behind as it was easy to just block and turn around and throw a few attacks at him then build and cherry pick my blocks via Maxima

Top 8 Round 1

Now I have played Iari many times and I will have to say this was the hardest match either of us ever played( At least in standard). With both of us able to control the field it made it very hard for either of us to attack.

In game one with the reversal stun and choice committal that all has caused me to lose this one as it exhausted me leaving me with no defense.

Game two was a long hard fought battle because I couldnt just attack him I had to just build and defend cause him to eventually mill out.

Game three was going the same route but I made a few play mistakes that I was able to recover from but with one when the moon committing my character I was no longer able to hold out defensively and ultimately caused me to lose.

After a long 3 hour fight Iari (Rockstar) got it. Good games thought and Id like to thank Paul for having us it was fun and see everyone in February for US Nats.

dutpotd
11-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Nice quick and dirty report Aaron. Why u no beat Iari? Oh wait, When the Moon...

Dillon
11-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Nice quick and dirty report Aaron. Why u no beat Iari? Oh wait, When the Moon...

lmao...

boredtodeath0321
11-05-2013, 12:59 PM

At least he bought me dinner before he ....came over me