PDA

View Full Version : Chichio's vegas o yeah good time report.

chichiokurikuri
11-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Well... the weekend was great. I had never been in a real tournament before so I knew this would be a big learning experience for me, and that it was.

My embarrassment of a deck can be found here
Mai water (http://forums.jascogames.com/forums/showthread.php?9571-Vegas-PTC-Top-8-Decks&p=117968#post117968)

Im terrible with names so I apologize to the following people named "dude". This is off memory as well so some round details might not be spot on.

Round 1
helio runnin polka
This match was what I came for. Very well built deck ran with skill. Real chill player too. First round went bad for me. Dude built a large wall real quick. Pretty much had an 8 hand size since he always had a contacting out. Staring at 3 a girl like any other makes Mai real sad real quick too. I ended up scooping this match because it was taking so long and I knew I wasn't going to get through. He sides his character and I come out blazing taking round 2 quick. Round 3 was a testament to his skill. By this time he had sided his multiple attacks in and on his very last turn due to time throws out a multiple 3 that I didn't even bother seeing if I could block and eat what I couldn't.
0-1-0

Round 2
Tom, Thomas, Tommy.... one of them (hopefully)! (I partied all night with this dude too, that's how bad with names I am) running sophita
This was a deck I knew I would have problems with even before I played it. I have no stun hate except carefree and I knew this would be a problem since stun decks are a thing. This was another really cool player, really nice guy.
Game 1. Got stunned a lot and died... no much else to say... So game 2 with hopeless despair I sided like 7 cards even switching to kula just to try something different. A super embarrassing misplay later (you better not tell anyone!!!) I died again.
0-2-0

Pretty much assumed I wouldn't be in top 8 so f**k it. Trunk shots!!!

Round 3
"dude" running sasha
I don't know what happened here... I don't know if his deck just simply didn't go well or what but Mai did her thing with pretty much no problem. From what I noticed He just never got to build much before I threw attacks that couldn't be dealt with.
1-2-0

Round 4
"dude" running lily
o lily... I've faced lily before, being run by lily for that matter so I knew what to expect. There really isn't much to say about this match. Lily did what lily does and mai did what she does. Sexy but not exciting.
2-2-0

Round 5
vaporgecko playing kpostrophe
I don't like k'. I've played against it once before and it was traumatizing then too. The attacks don't stop. The hand is always full. The building doesn't suffer. Ill talk about this round with my psychiatrist. Not here. vaporgecko was cool though. O yeah! Sam! Sam was cool.

3-2-0

Wait... I got top 8... uughh. Lucky match ups....

Top 8
Round 1
AJ playing birch
I knew this wouldn't go well. But this match was another instance of why I came. AJ was pro status. After seeing that deck all weekend I came to realize how well built it was and not only that how much skill it took to run it. Props. Game one I believe he won. I just remembered being impressed at how much he achieved with so few foundations out. Game two I built super well and eventually broke through. Well placed ooyl's and haoh raiou kens was the key to getting anywhere against this deck. 2.5 hours later Game 3 went quick. He came out strong and I fumbled with bad checks and bad choices.

All in all It was a great time. Im never sour about losing to well built and ran decks. I learned a lot over the weekend about playing and deck building. I know the water mai deck was a poor choice but I went with mai because she is really easy to play and I chose her worst symbol because I really wanted deadly precision and h.r.k's. plain and simple. I knew Id be facing a lot of moons and birches and k's so hrk was crucial to me and deadly precision was a great way to keep that card in my hand against those type of decks. Thanks a lot to the 2 forum members that kindly offered their advice when I asked. After a weekend of learning my deck choices would have been a lot different. Had to work with what cards I have as well you know? (damn impossible to get together agains)

Props
Props to brett on the victory! I really would have enjoyed playing against that vespera. My deck was kinda designed to face her so it would have been a fun match that im sure I would have lost.
Props to AJ for fighting his way to 2nd place! That finals match was awesome to watch.
Props to the dude who ran event. It was damn good time and he did a great job.
Props to helio for taking the polka challenge

Pros
Traded for 2 moons! I didn't think that was possible.
Much more confident about deck building and playing now
Trunk shots!!!
Collecting lady trading cards on the strip with some of the cali crew

Cons
Why the f**k did I have freeze over in my sideboard... Those should have been germy sun caprices for every time I had to see 3 a girl like any other across from me.
Agreeing to have deck posted if I made top 8. I didn't think that would happen...

I guess that's about it. It was great to meet and play everyone. Ufs has a community unlike any other. Looking forward to seeing everyone again at nats.

RockStar
11-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Great read, man! It was fantastic meeting and hanging with you, too. I'm sorry my "Old-Man" status reared its ugly head tho and I didn't have the energy to go out with y'all to the strip afterward. Next time, tho, fo sho!! :) Congrats on making Top Cuts in your first 'real' tournament! I look forward to seeing you (and playing against you) at many more!!

~ RockStar mka Iari (since I know you forgot, lolz!)

dutpotd
11-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Nice report, I enjoyed reading it. Grats on top 8 :)

The Hurricane
11-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Good Job David! You were awesome to play and chill with! I can't wait to do it again at Nats.

Congratz on your finish! Sorry I had to beat you :P Our match was my favorite of the weekend!

chichiokurikuri
11-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Great read, man! It was fantastic meeting and hanging with you, too. I'm sorry my "Old-Man" status reared its ugly head tho and I didn't have the energy to go out with y'all to the strip afterward. Next time, tho, fo sho!! :) Congrats on making Top Cuts in your first 'real' tournament! I look forward to seeing you (and playing against you) at many more!!

~ RockStar mka Iari (since I know you forgot, lolz!)

It was awesome meeting you too! I look forward to a match someday. And don't sweat it dude, I'm not too far behind you with the old man status.

chichiokurikuri
11-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Nice report, I enjoyed reading it. Grats on top 8 :)

Thanks! I won't get my panties twisted if you wanna do some trolling over running mai and carefree because from what I've seen and heard I know you want too. Lol.

chichiokurikuri
11-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Good Job David! You were awesome to play and chill with! I can't wait to do it again at Nats.

Congratz on your finish! Sorry I had to beat you :P Our match was my favorite of the weekend!

That was my favorite match as well! I learned a lot from you in two days so I'm happy overall. Thanks again for the mat! Wanna know the worst part of our match? Your coffee... It was full... and right across from me... and you didn't touch it the entire game! So distracting. Was a blast to party with you too! See ya at nats for sure bro.

dutpotd
11-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks! I won't get my panties twisted if you wanna do some trolling over running mai and carefree because from what I've seen and heard I know you want too. Lol.

If you know why I would be 'trolling' like that, to hopefully make you a better player, then I don't need to do it, do I?

chichiokurikuri
11-05-2013, 12:21 PM
If you know why I would be 'trolling' like that, to hopefully make you a better player, then I don't need to do it, do I?

Lol, I guess not but it's still fun every know and then. I'll run something more respectable next time for sure.

dutpotd
11-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Lol, I guess not but it's still fun every know and then. I'll run something more respectable next time for sure.

Well then you know the other reason I do it too, and take it well as well. All in good fun :)

Seriously though, my head hurts knowing someone played Carefree to a top 8. Mai is fine... Not my cup of tea but I like that she is an option for my friends I bring to the tea shop because they apparently love it.

vaporgecko
11-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Hey David, it was a distinct pleasure playing matches with you and hanging out. Sorry I wimped out like Iari did, I'd been working 16 consecutive days prior to the trip! It'll be a blast seeing you again and seeing what else you've cooked up!

Zamora
11-07-2013, 12:10 AM
chichio, if we face each other in top 8(16) remind me to get you wasted right before our match
I saw tidbits of your games and the way you ran mai was the right way, can't block this shizz + pump it up = win. Congrats on topping on your first event.

chichiokurikuri
11-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Hey David, it was a distinct pleasure playing matches with you and hanging out. Sorry I wimped out like Iari did, I'd been working 16 consecutive days prior to the trip! It'll be a blast seeing you again and seeing what else you've cooked up!
I'm looking forward to the challenge of facing you again!

chichio, if we face each other in top 8(16) remind me to get you wasted right before our match
I saw tidbits of your games and the way you ran mai was the right way, can't block this shizz + pump it up = win. Congrats on topping on your first event.

Well if you notice from the report, I didn't win my first game til I had a drink... So... Buy away. Free drinks are the best kind. Hopefully next time we get to play. Would have like to have seen that shen deck in action.

*side note. I figured out the multi quote. Go me.

Zamora
11-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Well if you notice from the report, I didn't win my first game til I had a drink... So... Buy away. Free drinks are the best kind. Hopefully next time we get to play. Would have like to have seen that shen deck in action.

*side note. I figured out the multi quote. Go me.
I was wondering if you had a camera in your trunk or if you actually took shots in your trunk
remind me to hire people to keep you sober then
OOYL makes shen sad. Would have liked to see your mai vs vesp tbh.