PDA

View Full Version : Candadian Nationals 2013-Legacy Report

S_OBrien
11-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Sean O'Brien from Rochester CCG reporting for Hidden Games in Winnipeg, Manitoba for the 2013 Legacy Nationals tournament. We had 13 players sign up. Here is the list:

Scott Antosh .Vice.
Clint Badger .Iori. (KoF XIII)
Devon Bernier .Lilith.
Garett Brett .Mingon.
Giulo Capriott ::Voldo::
Kevin Demarco ::Voldo::
Sebastian Fontaine .:Seong Mina:.
Sean Gault .:R. Mika:.
Tim Keefe .:Adon:.
Mark LeBlanc .Felicia.
Ben Shoemaker .Mai. (KoF XIII)
Ryan Slade .:Ukyo:.
Tanner Yaryieyko :Hutzil:

Swiss Results:
1st: Tim Keefe
2nd: Mark Leblanc
3rd: Garett Brett
4th: Kevin Demarco
5th: Tanner Yaryieyko
6th: Sebastian Fontaine
7th: Clint Badger
8th: Giulio Capriotti
9th: Ryan Slade
10th: Scott Antosh
11th: Devon Bernier
12th: Sean Gault

Top 4 Pairings:
Tim Keefe vs. Kevin Demarco
Mark Leblanc vs. Garett Brett

vaporgecko
11-15-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm rooting for the Aztec Jaeger!

S_OBrien
11-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Updated...

Archimedes
11-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Oh look, Tim Keefe and Garett Brett in the top tables again.

The Hurricane
11-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Update?

I am rooting for Gar Bear vs Kevin Demarco at final table.

toysoldyours
11-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Lols. It's Dimarco not Demarco. Ones Italian and ones Mexican

The Hurricane
11-15-2013, 07:47 PM
2013 Legacy Nationals tournament
Kevin Demarco ::Voldo::

Swiss Results:
4th: Kevin Demarco

Top 4 Pairings
Tim Keefe vs. Kevin Demarco

AJ: 3pts Toysoldyours: 0pts

Cetonis
11-15-2013, 08:17 PM
Wound up being me losing in three games in the finals to Garett. I tried really hard after a tough initial exchange of builds game 3, managed to cheat an opening via Nagase Spiral, but he was one Healer (/any of a myriad of things, its legacy) too many :( Neglecting End it All in my fourteen minute deckbuild was not wise. But I had quite a bit of fun, it was an enjoyable deck that played largely pretty interactive and non-starey games until that last one.

Kevin acquitted himself quite well with that Voldo, it was just a little light on damage and I might have drawn 10+ Cataclysmics in three games -.-'

Kunio1031
11-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Wound up being me losing in three games in the finals to Garett. I tried really hard after a tough initial exchange of builds game 3, managed to cheat an opening via Nagase Spiral, but he was one Healer (/any of a myriad of things, its legacy) too many :( Neglecting End it All in my fourteen minute deckbuild was not wise. But I had quite a bit of fun, it was an enjoyable deck that played largely pretty interactive and non-starey games until that last one.

Kevin acquitted himself quite well with that Voldo, it was just a little light on damage and I might have drawn 10+ Cataclysmics in three games -.-'

Was this build of Adon off of Earth by chance? That's what I was playing before I retired him.

toysoldyours
11-15-2013, 10:25 PM

I can't even remember how many rounds we just commited and blew up each others staging area. Followed by a throw for 3dmg

Cetonis
11-15-2013, 11:13 PM
Was this build of Adon off of Earth by chance? That's what I was playing before I retired him.

Yeah, just really tossed together the morning of. I was planning on putting together Ryu6 before finding out when I went to physically build it that I actually do not have a copy of said Ryu6. Did a lot of bouncing around to plans B, C, D, etc. didn't like anything but somewhere along the way I noticed that Earth had quite a fair number of ways to deal with Tides/Tag Along, which have always scared me off of Adon. So I took a stack of Earth cards with me to Winnipeg and pieced it together at the hotel. Nothing cute, just throws, Moon Saults, a spattering of boosts and foundation hate. And good sideboard cards. (Nagase Spiral and Ruler of the Shadows)